You are in... Forums > General > General > Kamchat spamming ADV

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

TenBears

Aug 02

TenBears says:

Kamchat spamming ADV

C'mon mate... your Sunday rideouts should really be in the Day Trippin' sub-forum, or even Pics, pics, pics... they really don't qualify a place, by any degree, in the mighty Ride Report section – you're guilty of some serious, & gratuitous spamming there.

Tut-tut, indeed.

... and the most recent entry, along with some very poor photoshop filtering is an embarrasment. And the accompanying statement 'the fact that the statue has the unique distinction of being 'the world's only two-legged equestrian monument' is an out & out falsity.

You're being gratuitously self-indulgent. Please stop it. :mad:

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (09 November 2010 10:54)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Jeni4

Sep 08

Jeni4 says:

Och

1 post and I'm already unpopular on ADV judging by the e-mails - happy days :biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
Kamchat

Aug 02

Kamchat says:

Tenbears

You are plain wrong on so many levels. .:mad:..

1. The 'Day Trippin' section didn't exist when I started that thread. It was created afterwards..and the moderators 'Gadget Boy' etc. moved any threads they saw fit from the 'Ride Reports' section into 'Day Trippin' at the time. They didn't move mine - I don't know why, - but it is up to them.

(I sure as hell ain't going to spend hours and hours of my time reposting every pic in a new thread /section just to please your delicate sensitivities). :tongue:

Perhaps you should tell them they are doing it wrong and show them how to run their forum? .:tongue:...

2. As for your attack on my last post - I didn't use 'photoshop' (I can't afford photoshop)....... so it isn't 'poor photoshoping' ... I just used cheapo free-to-use 'Paint'. :winkie:  But feel free to demonstrate your awesome skills with this medium. .:tongue:..

3. You state that the Lobey Dosser being 'the world's only two legged equestrian monument' is an out and out falsity... but you fail to explain why and tell us of another. ...:mad:.. So please explain why it is false ..and correct  Wikipedia whilst you are at it..:winkie:.. 

4. I am not 'spamming' (as you put it) anything - I am not linking my thread to any other sites..or trying to sell a book  etc. It's just a thread full of 'free to look at' pics ... (you might think they are shite and you are entitled to your opinion) ....  but it costs you nothing to look ...or not look - the choice is yours.    

5. If you don't like the thread - don't look at it - Simple!  - ...there are tons of others to choose from :winkie:.

Obviously, for some strange reason, some folk like it - it has over 108,000 views and a 5 star rating ... so please don't try to impose your will on the rest of us.

Instead of critcising, condeming and complaining - why not do something positive and start your own thread of pics. ..:smile....

ps. How are you doing? - long time no speak. :winkie:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Kamchat

Aug 02

Kamchat says:

jeni

Lol! - Don't worry, It's the internet! - same as it ever was .........Endless 'trolling'.  :winkie:

Reply to this Topic
Kamchat

Aug 02

Kamchat says:

Reply to this Topic
davemdixon

Jul 09

davemdixon says:

Kamchats week end outings

I enjoy all the photos and comments from his lovely Scottish countryside. Keep em coming as long as you can Kam!:smile

Reply to this Topic
stevedeejay

Aug 09

stevedeejay says:

Aye

same here i enjoy Kams pics anawl so keep em comin mate :biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
Kamchat

Aug 02

Kamchat says:

davemdixon & stevedeejay

Cheers guys. :winkie:  'Really glad that you do.  

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
halftank

Feb 10

halftank says:

Same here Kam,

keep em' coming, great to see the locations you show, makes me wish i was up there to take in the sights.

Reply to this Topic
TenBears

Aug 02

TenBears says:

I don't accept any of your criticisms: it simply shouldn't be there. If the southerners posted their Sunday ride-out bimbles that mighty section of the site would be full of day trips.... that aint what its there for!

I do have a thread in there, btw... somewhere. Its my 1st trans-atlantic ride circum-navigating the US & Canada in 6 weeks: approx 15,000 miles... not your average weekend bimble by any means. But again, just below the infamous Ride Reports section there's a legitimate place for threads like yours. It just seems a little self-gratuitous to post Sunday ride-outs in that particular section and repeatedly bounce it up to the top.

I can't find that original thread of mine, and I haven't posted up the following 2 others [anywhere], but I can give you a flikker link here if you're interested:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/16820297@N05/sets/72157616249421849/show/

All the best, ride safe

Reply to this Topic
Kamchat

Aug 02

Kamchat says:

Tenbears

'I don't accept any of your criticisms'

Lol! - Ditto..:tongue:.. (well,  until you back them up with some facts - re: Lobey Dosser).

ps. You are the only person out of the many, many who have viewed the thread to be negative about it. The folk who have taken the time to post replies have voiced the opposite opinion and asked me to keep on posting. -  I know it's a 'long shot' but maybe ...just maybe ..you could be wrong? :winkie: 

Cheers, ...and 'ride safe' yourself. :winkie:

Kam 

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices