Skip to content

Discuss This Ruben Xaus to join Ten Kate Honda? World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > Ruben Xaus to join Ten Kate Honda?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Michael Guy  says:

Ruben Xaus to join Ten Kate Honda?

Spaniard Ruben Xaus is set to become the second rider in the Ten Kate Honda WSB team to ride alongside Brit Jonathan Rea in 2011. The 32 year old Spaniard is reported to have signed a deal this week that will see campaign the proven CBR1000RR. Xaus, an 11 time WSB race winner and former title contender has had two tough...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (10 November 2010 11:32)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
TrumpetTriple

Aug 02

Xaus on Honda

What a pointless signing this is, he wont' win races now and will likely bin it regularly as he did on the BMW last two seasons.

I wonder if he's taken money to the team.

Reply to this Topic
vtwinjames

Oct 10

vtwinjames says:

Who's house? Ruben Xaus

Erm...... Not sure about this one! Will he ever stay on a bike long enough to finish a race!

Ten Kates spares budget will have to go up!

Surely there is someone else???????????????????

Reply to this Topic
jamesg75

Dec 05

jamesg75 says:

second

Ruben should take up a new career as a crash test dummy or stunt man. He has had his time and chances at some of the best teams in the world and still has not cracked the trick of staying on the bike. He is fast but seems to go faster and faster until he crashes. The other problem is he has a nasty habit of involving other riders in his incidents ask Haga and Bayliss I dont believe other riders trust him in close riding at the limit which makes him a liability on the track. How do you gain any testing data if the bike ends up on top of the air fence. 

Reply to this Topic
thelegend68

Jun 10

thelegend68 says:

Ronald What Are You Doing??

Either Xaus has a sugar daddy or photo's no one wants publishing!!

Surely he must be taking money with him, because I can't believe he's being signed as a genuine title contender....

Or maybe the powers that be at Ten Kate were indulging in the Amsterdam "entertainment" scene whilst drafting the contract....

Reply to this Topic
Jeff44

Apr 05

Jeff44 says:

Dark Horse

Give the lad a chance I think if testing goes well and he can re build some confidence he could well win a  round or two! I hope so I like his style! Wild man! ! ;-)

Reply to this Topic
RobTZ

Feb 10

RobTZ says:

Foggy was his Mentor

It was rumoured that James Toseland was up for this ride. A shame as he did well with them. Didn't Fogarty mentor Ruben early in his career when he showed such promise. Did that continue. With such a grounding he could still be a title contender on a proven winner.

Reply to this Topic
Fomancu

Jul 08

Fomancu says:

Xaus

Ignore him--hes from Barcelona(true)

Spanish and motocycling go hand in hand(as does Italy)-so I think hes bringing money/sponsership

Reply to this Topic
brightonbreezy

Sep 09

Xaus @ Ten Kate

Don't jump to too many conclusions. Things were tough in that BMW team and Xaus wasn't handled well from the beginning of the season. The guy is intelligent and talented and can certainly bring something to the team. He's started nearly 200 SBK races and has won 11 and been on the podium 35 times. I think that Ten Kate team can introduce some calm and consistency that will see him challenging again next year...

Reply to this Topic
chrisg011

Feb 09

chrisg011 says:

Xaus

The guys got talent in spades but pushes it too far, as brightonbreezy says, a some mentoring for him to reign it back in a bit and Xaus will be on the podium and maybe win races.

And if not... then we have Xaus to keep it exciting and the crash videos full.

Reply to this Topic
rob52

Nov 10

rob52 says:

Xaus

Lets hope Ten Kate have a large budget this year as no doubt  Xaus will be chucking their bikes down the road on a regular basis .He is now 32 and i  though he is no doubt  talented i can't see him ever  losing his crashing habit . 

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle