Skip to content

Discuss This Ruben Xaus to join Ten Kate Honda? World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > Ruben Xaus to join Ten Kate Honda?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Michael Guy  says:

Ruben Xaus to join Ten Kate Honda?

Spaniard Ruben Xaus is set to become the second rider in the Ten Kate Honda WSB team to ride alongside Brit Jonathan Rea in 2011. The 32 year old Spaniard is reported to have signed a deal this week that will see campaign the proven CBR1000RR. Xaus, an 11 time WSB race winner and former title contender has had two tough...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (10 November 2010 11:32)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Yes Xaus was Foggy's golden boy

from the days Xaus rode the 748 for the factory. Foggy was instrumental in seeing Xaus graduate to the WSBK ride. He crashed an inordinate number of times then as an impetuous youth. I do not know what his excuse for binning it so much these days is. A strange signing for Ten Kate - not one from the form book. Obviously Xaus brings money. But hey this is a man with numerous WSBK wins and a MotoGP podium so he's risen well above the rank of also ran. To me though his riding currency doesn't hold in todays environment. The Fireblade is every bit as fickle as the Beemer too in my books.

Reply to this Topic
maazzz1

Aug 10

maazzz1 says:

Didn't see that one coming at all. While Xaus is great entertainment value whether he is upright or sliding down the track on his back, it would of been great if Honda went for a talented young rider. There is no shortage of them. They could of tried to have poached soneone like a Chaz Davies or taken a gamble on a Maxime Berger, Gino Rea or plucked someone from BSB. Hmmmmmmm 

The field in Superbike could do with a bit of a make over.

Reply to this Topic
gixercarl

Sep 06

gixercarl says:

oh dear lol !!!!!

who ever signs ruben must first invest in plastics rather than development he must be the biggest crasher in history, even makes James Haydon look good

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

Ruben Xouch !

He must be bringing a lot of cash,however he has done more for development than many other riders have,........Of Carbon Fibre that is !!,As several others have said, he has had a lot of experience on many top rides.....so why has he never cracked it ..( the title that is not the bike),, ? Nothing against him but as the saying goes "only a fool keeps doing the same thing and expects a different result"...It should of gone to a younger talent in my opinion,But you can't blame Xaus for that or taking the ride he is still enjoying himself,but how many of us would put the cash into him if it were ours ?

Reply to this Topic
CH987

May 09

CH987 says:

Xaus is and always will be a crasher. He's had enough chances on enough good bikes and never delivers. What are Ten Kate thinking.

Reply to this Topic
clarkson2197fsworldcouk

Feb 04

Paid For The ride?

Bloody Hell ! what company makes the body kit for Ten Kate?

i need to buy some shares in this company?

no i must buy loads of shares in this company

Reply to this Topic
glenndavis06

Feb 08

glenndavis06 says:

good help them

I think the man is a cool rider to watch but damn how does he continue to get these good rides i mean let some of these young riders get a chance he is not producing anything but recked bikes. cheers to him tho.

Reply to this Topic
may c

Aug 02

may c says:

ruben xaus

will be brilliant if hes near the front again in races hes fabulous to  watch when hes at his best.

Reply to this Topic
TomLegend

Sep 10

TomLegend says:

Speed

The guys got speed but is a bit volatile!

If the Ten Kate boys can get him consistent and remove the crasher tag then he could be a front runner.

Will be an interesting one to watch next season for sure!

Reply to this Topic
williewheelbreaker

Jul 08

Giggle

Stig just made me chuckle...... I was reading your post too fast (Ruben Reading) and thought you started with "He must be bringing lots of CRASH" LOL Good post as usual, agree with you and many others, he probably is bringing in a lot of CASH which will be topped up with a lot of CRASH! He had a lot of good races this year but no change in practice tactics. Pick a corner go fast, faster, faster, fall down. Ok got that one sussed, now for the next corner! Must rate him for resilience, and style. How anyone can crash that much and not smash themselves to bits is beyond me??? Stoner probably has had style lessons from him. If you are going to crash they are the masters. Lose the front at max lean just before the apex so it flies off straight ahead into the barriers no risk of being attacked by the bike and you just have to finish laying down and scrub as much speed before tumbling into the gravel. Skills!

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices