Skip to content

Discuss This Cal Crutchlow happy with early progress MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Cal Crutchlow happy with early progress

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Cal Crutchlow happy with early progress

Cal Crutchlow declared himself happy at the conclusion to his first big MotoGP examination as he beat Valentino Rossi, Loris Capirossi and Toni Elias to finish the second day of testing at Valencia with the 13th fastest time. Shrugging off a small crash yesterday afternoon, the Coventry rider took full advantage of sunny but breezy conditions to get in more crucial...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (11 November 2010 09:49)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
bruncvik

Aug 09

bruncvik says:

Not quite right

“never ridden this bike in the wet" 

Er, a mistake in the copy there, I think. He'd never ridden the bike in the DRY. He'd had 60 laps on it in the wet. 

Anyway, that's a very decent first outing from Cal. Especially given that he spent the whole test just putting in lap after lap to try and adapt his riding style rather than change anything on the bike. He's obviously looking to the Spies example of how to make a successful transition. I'm sure there's a lot more to come from him. 

I only hope he and Abraham get that rookie's test this winter - I gather it's starting to look a bit unlikely now?

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
toadhancocks

Oct 10

toadhancocks says:

"THE EYES HAVE IT"  That is a face of pure committment, that could be a shot from a quali session next year!!! awesome :¬)

Reply to this Topic
RobTZ

Feb 10

RobTZ says:

CAL

The Nation is behind you. With reference to one of the posts; don't look to Spies, look beyond to do better in your Rookie Year and win in 2012 for Britain.

Reply to this Topic
v1nn1e

Jan 09

v1nn1e says:

Good start

Just hope there aren't too high expectations of him next year...

But at least it will be nice to have a Brit to cheer amongst all of the Spaniards!

Reply to this Topic
scotty998

Nov 09

scotty998 says:

Old head on young shoulders

First Brit ever to win WSS, could easily be the first Brit to do well in motoGP for a long time, top bloke and rider! Good luck!

Reply to this Topic
clarkson2197fsworldcouk

Feb 04

Fingers Crossed

I Hope he does well but it is a crap team (given that Ben had a yellow full works bike under him) and Colin just rid round all season and we all know Yamaha,s Jarvis will soon turn on Cal if he does not out ride the bike.

i sadly dont think we will see Cal near a rostrom for 3 or 4 years but please god make me wrong as i like the bloke and i like his riding attitude but as james found out once the team turns against you in MGP you are Fuc**d no matter how hard you ride.

i hope it does not wreck his career like it has poor old James Toselands ? he has gone from moto GP rider to Sattalite privateer in 3 seasons "sad that"

Come on Cal prove em wrong

Reply to this Topic
Mort77

Mar 09

Mort77 says:

Really good to see Cal doing respectable times in his forst test. Added to that his whole attitude towards the challenges ahead and how he is approaching them reminds me of a certain Ben Spies.

It will be very interesting to see how Cal does next year compared to Ben this year. Personally I don't expect him to be at the same standard as soon but I think he will get there quickly enough.

Reply to this Topic
richlees2001

Oct 05

richlees2001 says:

Go for it Cal

Good to see that on his first outing he is only half a second down on his team mate.

Lets hope he can close that gap a bit more at his next outing in Feb.

Reply to this Topic
winger

Aug 02

winger says:

You would expect the Moto GP organisers to have some kind of system were as newcomers can get some decent practice in,the lad has ridden the bike twice!!!,and now has to wait 3 months before he gets to ride again,that cannot be right.

Reply to this Topic
Minty Fresh

Mar 08

Minty Fresh says:

Go on Son!!!

C'mon Cal, I am praying for good things to happen!

I as well as the nation have been waiting for a Brit to fly the flag for us in Motogp and I think you are the fella to do it! You look like a nutta, ride like a nutta so sharpen them elbows for next year and rough these guys up.... they wont like it one bit and it could get you near the front! :)

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices