Ask an Expert LITTLE NINJA TYRE Tyres

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Tyres > LITTLE NINJA TYRE

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

NORTHERNHELLBOY

Feb 10

LITTLE NINJA TYRE

Wor lass has a baby ninja 250r....currently fitted with a 130/70..I've heard you can fit on a 150??

what ya reckon?.......has anyone done this ?

cheers.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (14 November 2010 04:43)

Post a message in Tyres

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
smoto5

Mar 09

smoto5 says:

A lot depends on the width of the rim,

it may not be wide enough, too skinny and the tyre will be pulled out of shape so will ultimately be a waste of time, even if it is wide enough (and changing to a 140 sounds more possible, less of a jump) then it may adversely affect the handling anyway. In fact, thinking about it I don't think there's all that many 150 tyres with the same aspect ratio, 70, more the touring and big trailie tyres, so it would be a double whammy to fit a 60 ratio sports tyre, deforming the tyre still more. Off the top of my head, a 3 inch wide rim would take a 130, a 3.50 would take a 140 and a 150 would need to be on 4 inch or 4.25, on a 4.50 it would start to get towards the other extreme of getting too flat a profile.

Reply to this Topic
NORTHERNHELLBOY

Feb 10

cheers dude.

i saw a video in utube witha guy who'd fitted a 150......but it was all about the handling i was worried about.

The tyres the little bike comes with are shite..but I was just putting together a wish list..and a 140 does sound safer.  or source a different rim.

but it's all about handling, eh?

thanks....?

Reply to this Topic
smoto5

Mar 09

smoto5 says:

There should be good tyres available,

of the sort that are suitable for the sports 125s and the old grey imports, NSR250/VFR400 etc and RGV suzuki/KR1 Kwacker, tyres like the Bridgestone BT090/92 and more modern updates, plenty of people wanted better tyres  on those, a lot of the Grey imports had rubbish tyres as standard. Continental have been good suppliers of narrower tyres in the past, and maybe some of the Maxxis and Avon ranges could be worth a look too.

Some of the tyre companies sites have tyre selection sections, put the make and model in and they give you the options 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
stingy1

Oct 10

stingy1 says:

do dunlop...

not make a very grippy tyre , gpr i think? in these sizes?

Reply to this Topic
NORTHERNHELLBOY

Feb 10

thanks again

..IT'S NOT A BAD LITTLE BIKE..just adding to some bit's for her wish list (managed to find a 2brothers endcan for christmas..sounds pure magic...(£130??)

to be honest, it's all for me, as she hardly ever rides it, so while it's sitting in the house over winter...NHB is ganna get his spanners out.:biggrin:

thanks

Reply to this Topic
flookyk

Oct 10

flookyk says:

Diameter?

Is the speedo in the ninja 250r driven from the gearbox or the front wheel, if from the gear box, don't forget to try and keep the diameter of the rear tyre as close to the original as possible, ie if you go up a width you will need to go down in the ratio. ie 130/70 to a 150/60, but as said the 150 may not fit the wheel width anyway.

Why not try the Pirelli Sport Demon or Avon Roadrunner both in a 130/70-17 rear, the Pirelli for around £68 and the Avon for around £52.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Andy949494

Feb 08

Andy949494 says:

I wouldn't bother...

I had a Ninja 250R until a few months ago. If you replace the standard tyres with any good manufacturer it will handle beautifully in all weather (both must be replaced as the originals are so poor that you will have a serious mismatch otherwise). You don't need to put bigger tyres on it - it is likely to make it worse.
The standard tyres are not great and take a very long time to wear in although even after about 2000 miles they had very poor grip in the wet (emphasised by the excellent brakes). When I picked up a puncture in the front and replaced both of them (I forget what with but there was only two choices - BT020s?) it was the best thing I did...

Reply to this Topic
ListerTheStupid

Jul 07

Ninja 250R

I have put Dunlop Roadsmatrs on my 250R,

120/70/17 front
150/70/17 rear

Tight fit (no rubbing, but still tight)

they change the whole handling of bike, in good way!!

Reply to this Topic
Vortex52

Oct 09

Vortex52 says:

120/70-17 front tyre

About the 120/70-17 front is it a tight fit or no?

I am buying a 250R and I am considering

120/70 front & 140/70-17 Bridgestones BT-45

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle