Skip to content

Discuss This Dealer who folded owing thousands did same thing in the 90s General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Dealer who folded owing thousands did same thing in the 90s

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

Dealer who folded owing thousands did same thing in the 90s

The director of a motorcycle dealership that went bust owing customers thousands previously owned another bike showroom which folded in similar circumstances. Police are investigating allegations of theft and fraud following the collapse of Roger Constable’s latest venture, Midlands Superbikes in Market Harborough, Leicestershire. Customers say the business failed to return bikes which had been taken in for repairs or servicing. Up...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (15 November 2010 09:49)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Fomancu

Jul 08

Fomancu says:

Cat Motorcycles is it?

well well well----Mr Constable--in the news again. I wonder how many peoples bikes disappeared abroad--like before? hint hint--1986/87 or thereabouts-GSXR750s-RG500-Yamaha FZ750s---oh I could tell a good story about you and your cronies Mr Constable

Reply to this Topic
FellRaven

Apr 10

FellRaven says:

So how do people stand Legally?

OK I'm guessing that if you Bike was in for a service, it yours and if it's gone missing that is a case of theft and the police would need to investigate and prosecute as appropriate. If there are administrators they would be within their rights to ask for payment of any outstanding monies before returning a bike. Now I'm not so sure about the next question, if they had your bike in their showroom for sale as an agent the bike would remain your property but what if they sold the bike and the funds where in the companies accounts when they went belly up would you just be one of many creditors?

Reply to this Topic
cypekZX6R

Sep 10

cypekZX6R says:

@Fomancu

If you know some stories about him why don't you go to police and help with investigation??

Reply to this Topic
Fomancu

Jul 08

Fomancu says:

@cypekZX6R

already done it mate--and the editor of this mag has got the story as well :-)))

Reply to this Topic
slippy75

Nov 10

slippy75 says:

my bike

I have just found out they have gone into adminisration.

I dealt with Clive and Roger there, I dont think its down to them but they had my bike in the showroom on a sale or return basis.

The bike was a Suzuki GSX 1400 K4 on a '05 plate.

Last of the twin pipe models in Black with a red tank flash.

Apparently after speaking to www.marshmanprice.co.uk who are dealing with the administration of midland superbikes, my bike was apparently sold the last week in august for £3930.

I had no contact from the company and they even told me it was still unsold as I used to ring every few weeks for updates.

Was rang last week in august asking if I would drop the price to help the sale, I asked to keep the price and I would wait.

The bike was sold, and the money kept by the company,

I rang black horse on friday to be told i still have to pay £4000 on finance, im stuck.

This bike is still on Blackhorse finance which has left me in a difficult situation.

I know im not the only one as there were many nice bikes there being sold for similar reasons.

If anyone has anymore information or similar stories I would like to know.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Fomancu

Jul 08

Fomancu says:

@slippy

wheres your registration document? by the way--he is a shit

Reply to this Topic
bob the builder

Feb 03

People like this should never be able to open a business ever again.

Lock these types up for a long time as they leave a trail of grief in their wake

Reply to this Topic
STRESSED1

Feb 10

STRESSED1 says:

Not just cowboy builders.......

I feel for anyone who asks a dealer too sell their bike for them,then this s**t happens too them!:wacko:

Unfortunately as we live in a `I DON'T GIVE A F*** ABOUT YOU ,JUST ME WORLD',you have to be EXTRA,EXTRA cautious.I know,if you're desperate to sell and you advertise and no-one gets in touch,you think you're either cursed or are going too be stuck with said item.

I was in a situation about eleven years ago when i had a Honda RVF400RR,grey import.I had bought one low miles as i was told they would keep value but the parallel imports came out devaluing my bike.I asked a few local dealers if they would buy my bike but the amount was crap.One happened too mention that they could sell it for me.I had reservations as i didn't like the thoughts of my bikesitting in the showroom being damaged by un-caring punters,who didn't give a toss.Glad too say i sold it,luckily,MYSELF.

However,as with con artists,cowboy builders,etc,these people should have whatever assets they have seized by the authorities,until they pay back the customers(victims)every penny + compensation.Then they should be stripped of all entiltement to start a new business.This last part is more tricky as they could start up again,as they do,using a spouse,family member as the owner.They should also be jailed and i mean jailed,not two years out in eight months with good behaviour!!!

Its about time this bloody wreck of a country got its act together.

I'm sick of what is happening and feel ashamed too be British.The government are a bunch of vultures,the cops are about as much use as a holed condom,then you have the noveau rich who just go out and buy another too replace whatever's gone,not giving a s***, while the law caters and feels sorry for the criminal not the victim.:mad:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
soundasapound

Nov 10

CHECKING BIKE

If you have bought a bike from this dealer how would you find out if your bike is caught up in this mess?  Makes you very wary about any purchases as dealers are supposed to be the safer way to buy.

Reply to this Topic
slippy75

Nov 10

slippy75 says:

my bike

Well being the trusting soul I am and after dealing with Roger 6 months previous, I handed the bike documents over to aid the sale and not cause any delays.

I even spent time having a long conversation with him and his son about bikes and really felt he was a good character, I cant believe this has happened as its a difficult enough time of year for family people.

If any of them are reading, I hope they have the decency to come forward if only to explain.

Over and out.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices