Skip to content

Discuss This Donington Park back on the WSB calendar in 2011 World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > Donington Park back on the WSB calendar in 2011

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Michael Guy  says:

Donington Park back on the WSB calendar in 2011

British race fans will get two chances to see their WSB heroes in 2011 following the announcement that Donington Park will host the second round of the World Superbike Championship on March 25th to 27th. Donington Park last hosted a round of the championship in 2009 where American Ben Spies won both races on his way to claiming the title. With...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (15 November 2010 17:30)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
fatgser

Jun 08

fatgser says:

FORGET SILVERSTONE & DONINGTON  WE NEED BRANDS !!

Reply to this Topic
BackLaneBender

Nov 10

Its a bit early in the year to have a World Superbike race in the UK. March is fucking cold

Reply to this Topic
Gstan

Nov 10

Gstan says:

motogp

so why is the picture of a motogp race not a wsb race?

Reply to this Topic
hondmog

Oct 08

hondmog says:

donington

It might be reopened but how much extra is wheatcroft going to put on the price to get in

i  like lots of others stopped going because of getting ripped off with the cost to go in and have no decent facilities when you were in there ,

Reply to this Topic
RichieRotten

Oct 05

RichieRotten says:

Facilities ?

Needsa lot of work Track is in good condition - but the facilities need a lot of cash - at the moment OK for trackdays and club racing as the track is still good {but when is the loop coming back?] However for a large crowd - poor condition

Reply to this Topic
ameg2808

May 08

ameg2808 says:

donington v silverstone

as much as the facilities where crap at Donny, I would rather watch WSB there than Silverstone, the viewing trackside on the day is far superior to Silverstone where your either sat half a mile from the track or can only see 20 metres of it.

Reply to this Topic
fatgser

Jun 08

fatgser says:

brands hatch                      id pay the differance world class venue and facilitys

Reply to this Topic
Colino28

Apr 08

Colino28 says:

Why not Brands

Seems strange that Doni got the European round. Must have got it fora pittance as to my knowledge they are not exactly loaded with cash. If Doni can get it how come Mr Palmer says he can't afford it. Pleased its at Doni though as I live local and as many pointed out far better than Silverstone for viewing and atmosphere.

In my opinion the UK should have 2 rounds, 1 at Doni and the other at either Brands or Oulton.

The date worries me though. With the UK weather there is a good chance it could be snowed off as Brands BSB a few years back.

Message to Mr Wheatcroft. Well done for this coo but please sort your toilets out and don't rip us off with camping. In excess of £25 for the weekend is a rip off.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Welcome Back Donnington

I'll be there down by the old hairpin with five layers of clothing on. March is crazy indeed Ameg. I remember riding there from St Davids in Wales over the Easter weekend round in 1997. That was cold - snow and ice on the roads at 7am - I really hate two wheeled drifts on public roads. I think even the racers had sleety snow blow over the previous practice day.

Reply to this Topic
superbol

Aug 02

superbol says:

I Do Not F**king Belive It !

That crap hole (yeah  i know great viewing ) gets Worldsupers back  BUT no Brands the best attended race in the calender for years it just dos`nt make sense .Last year we arrived on the saturday afternoon at Donnie and was faced with a £85 camping and race day entry fee then spent the day sat on hard dusty banking.The year before we paid 2 quid more for camping (with good toilets and working taps and entertainment ) raceday entry AND a top quality view on a nice grandstand seat ! I`ve harped on and bloody on  about  badgering Jonathon Palmer owner of MSV to get worldsupers back at Brands but nobody wanted to know.It all boils down to cost we`re told so what are Doningtin paying ?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices