Skip to content

Discuss This Donington Park back on the WSB calendar in 2011 World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > Donington Park back on the WSB calendar in 2011

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Michael Guy  says:

Donington Park back on the WSB calendar in 2011

British race fans will get two chances to see their WSB heroes in 2011 following the announcement that Donington Park will host the second round of the World Superbike Championship on March 25th to 27th. Donington Park last hosted a round of the championship in 2009 where American Ben Spies won both races on his way to claiming the title. With...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (15 November 2010 17:30)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
1093brown

Aug 02

1093brown says:

Why not CROFT.......

What's all this about BRands, Silverstone, Donington - about time the races came North so that you 'suvverners' have to travel for once....

Reply to this Topic
FATFRYER

Aug 02

FATFRYER says:

GOOD

Iam glad Donningtons back on the calender !!!! BUT FOR FCUKS SAKE THE END OF MARCH!!!

Reply to this Topic
ginge46

Mar 09

ginge46 says:

great news........

That donnington is back and ill be there!!! Went to silverstone this year good racing yes atmosphere errrrr NONE! Looking forward to standing on craner curves once more!!! BRING ON MARCH THE 25th!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
IcantRIDEaBIKE

Aug 09

1093brown

The north in March! Everyone knows Leicestershire is 10 degrees warmer than the narf. It's all good for me, I live minutes from Mallory park which is handily about half hour from donny and 45 from silverstone!

PS. Who gives a rats ass about facilities? there is a massive loop of tarmac, some superbikes and some grass to sit on. What more could a man need! Stop moaning and be greatful. 3 world motorcycling events in the UK, great news. Jerez facilities are pretty primitive but you don't hear the Spaniards moaning, it's a great track with a massive grass hill to watch from and thats all that matters

March! thats mad

Reply to this Topic
therightstuff

Feb 09

Northerners

for your information Donnington is in the North (well at least it ain't in the South). If I'm understanding this right, we want the races to be further North where it rains all the time and is windy, so we get no racing; makes sense to me - let's start partitioning for a Feburary GP in Carlisle!!

Reply to this Topic
Commando828

Feb 09

Commando828 says:

Circuit?

Will they use the 'car park' circuit as before, or go straight on* as the sidecars recently did?

* see photo

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

"IT's DONINGTON"

Firstly why can't people spell It properly it has two N's not three ! And March I agree is ridiculous.However Brands ,yes a good venue but that would mean three bsb meetings and Wsb so I think that would be getting a little boring in one season,I did stop attending gp's because of Donington,but I have seen in it's early days many great meetings there,anyone remember Jody Sheckters world cup meeting in' 79 it was amazing? and of course the heady days of Sheene through to the 90's thereafter it seemed to get worse and worse,The bigger the meetings and the greater the success was, the less the circuit catered for the public it was all for the riders and the vip pass holders, It's good to see it back on the calender but god forbid it ever hosts a gp again though,but learn from the past look after the people who pay to come through the gate and make the most of a second chance "DONINGTON!!" it's no bad thing to have another circuit on the calander,and for those that seem to be unsure where it is it;s not in the north or the south but in the east midlands,the clue being next door to east midlands airport!!

Reply to this Topic
adrenalin

Jun 09

adrenalin says:

Therightstuff

Buy a map!!  Donington isn't in the North at all, it is in the East Midlands (a bit of a clue with the airport next door!).

However staging world class motorcycle racing anywhere in the UK in March is a ridiculous idea and whoever is responsible for planning the calendar should be shot!  You can virtually guarantee it will be wet even if the snow is cleared by then.  I see a fiasco on the horizon (although too far south to see clearly!).

Reply to this Topic
TwoSkoops

Aug 10

TwoSkoops says:

I think regardless of the circuit we should just be pleased that we have two rounds on the calendar!  The date is not the best in March but it is not guaranteed to snow or anything.  I did a trackday at Donington on 20th March 2009 and although it was a bit cold the weather was generally nice and sunny so we'll just have to wait and see what happens.  Here's to a cracking 2011!

Reply to this Topic
FATFRYER

Aug 02

FATFRYER says:

SNOW

Just a thought with regards SNOW!!!

I dont think it will lay on the track as all the airplane fuel tends to melt it !!

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices