Skip to content

Products Boot review: Spada Predator Sports Boots

You are in... Forums > Products > Boots > Boot review: Spada Predator Sports

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Samuel Pinney  says:

Boot review: Spada Predator Sports

Spada Predator Sports boots, £89.99 Miles covered/time: 700 miles/one month What’s good? Good solid boots with armour that are brilliantly waterproof. Completely and utterly, ‘no-water-is-getting-in’-waterproof. Perfect. They seem to be designed to look like a killer whale, which I like. The price is excellent. What’s not? The cuff is quite small so it can be a struggle to get it to fully close over...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (15 November 2010 17:43)

Post a message in Boots

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Chris14

Mar 09

Chris14 says:

Soles

Beware the soles though, I've done 10,000 miles in mine in just under 10months and the soles are shot. I can't get them replaced due to wear and tear policy, and I don't walk in them either.
But for £80 ya can't argue i suppose.

Chris

Reply to this Topic
m0rgo

Nov 09

m0rgo says:

What do you expect for £80?

Bikers must be mugs! Either that or so filthy rich that £80 is just small change.

For the £80 mentioned - I expect footwear to be the same size on both feet, not have the expectation of the protective features falling apart, and certainly expect the soles to last for more than 10 months, particularly if they are not walked in.

No wonder I feel I'm being fleeced when I walk into a main dealers - they must be laughing up their sleeves at this sort of attitude.

The phrases, 'of merchantable quality' and 'fit for purpose' spring to mind - but maybe consumer protection legislation is not for bikers.

Reply to this Topic
magpiemale

May 06

magpiemale says:

what you expect for £80 ?

Well I am far from being rich and if I want a new jacket or boots I bang in the over time,but for  £80 you cant argue for to much I mean alpinestars and sidi (which I have ) go from £150 to over £200 so you get what you can afford and get that quality for the price you paid.most boots have draw back even £300 ones but I find hein gericks bullson boots decent  for waking around in and riding even in rain £120.My worse boots were vanucci ones leak like a sieve but good in the summer. 

Reply to this Topic
magpiemale

May 06

magpiemale says:

what you expect for £80 ?

Well I am far from being rich and if I want a new jacket or boots I bang in the over time,but for  £80 you cant argue for to much I mean alpinestars and sidi (which I have ) go from £150 to over £200 so you get what you can afford and get that quality for the price you paid.most boots have draw back even £300 ones but I find hein gericks bullson boots decent  for waking around in and riding even in rain £120.My worse boots were vanucci ones leak like a sieve but good in the summer. 

Reply to this Topic
telsmt

Jun 11

telsmt says:

I have a pair.

Firstly these boots are £90, not £80. Within a month one boot split on the inner foot stitching, then the stitching came apart on the velcro flap. I dont ride in the rain so cant vouch for their water resistance. They are quite comfy but if you walk in them the soles wear quickly. Not had them for 12 months yet & they are starting to look a bit sorry for themselves.

I will probably go for some good cond used Sidi's next. You can pick them up on Ebay for £50-£75.

Overall: comfy & in the lower price range with reasonably good protection. Dont expect these boots to last.- Tip: when buying boots on the internet you cant try them on  so always go a size above your shoe size. If you dont they will be too small.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices