Skip to content

Discuss This Ducati Diavel wins over UK riders New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Ducati Diavel wins over UK riders

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Chris Newbigging  says:

Ducati Diavel wins over UK riders

Ducati is covering new ground with the Diavel – a boldly-styled cruiser/muscle bike with sportsbike power and chassis parts. When spy pictures first appeared, the reaction from some motorcyclenews.com users was negative in the extreme, but now potential buyers have seen comprehensive photographs. So do they like it? Sean Moore is a 43 year-old Suzuki B-King owner. He’s looked at the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (16 November 2010 13:10)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Fomancu

Jul 08

Fomancu says:

wins over UK riders??

well perhaps 2-personally I think it look hideous--anyway take a look on You Tube" 2011 Ducati Diavel official video"

Reply to this Topic
ChrisNewbigging

Jun 06

It's worth remembering this isn't the full story - this is an excerpt from the story printed in tomorrow's paper. And we appreaciate there's a world of hate out there for the Diavel, but we wanted to speak to the people Ducati is hoping to win over, rather than rely just on a few sniping youtube comments. In any case, having seen the bike in the flesh, I can say it's worth a second look - you start to appreciate the details when you examine it again. I didn't like it to start with, but I'm a fan of the carbon model now. Chris Newbigging, Senior Reporter

Reply to this Topic
Jackspratt

Dec 04

Jackspratt says:

Hang on a minute...

Rant on.

Chris - Fomancu is quite correct.

No one has even ridden the damned thing yet!!

This is like the Multistrada all over again, when we heard "...ooooo it's the very best, ooooo the Italian's have invented the all purpose motor bike..." etc, etc., from you blokes at the (Italian & Sportsbike) Motorcycle News.

Which  was all patent nonsense. (Tell me was no one at MCN riding bikes before 1985?)

You never even compared the Multistrada against the Tiger or other bikes it should have been compared  with - because then of course you would have to have stated "Well, it's good but in the real world the other bikes are probably better, because in real terms they do the basics well enough and are a lot cheaper...". Don't get much of that from you blokes do we - well not when the Italians or sportsbikes are involved!?

So this will be the patently subjective nonsense we have become accustomed, to aimed at appeasing Ducati rather than supporting the hard bitten motorcyclist.

Ducati Drivel - says it all really, and yes the Drivel really is hideous to behold.

Stop the product placement.

Why not do an honest assessment of all multi-purpoe bikes of 90 to 120 horsepower, (including the ones you don't like and will not speak of like the R1200r, and some of the models from other maufacturers you don't like). You could ask some of us along to keep you honest, and to try to give a balanced opinion based upon fact and the motorcycle's competence.

Nahhh, didn't think so too dull eh?

Rant off.

Reply to this Topic
jonnyconcrete

Oct 05

i like the diavel in a strange sort of way

Before i got my Ducati 696 i wanted either a monster a buell lightning or a street triple triumph were not offering interest free and offered 300 quid less than anyone else for my part ex bike Buell - i liked the design but something didn't gel on my test ride or feel as polished as the other two bikes I eventually bought a 696 and got a decent part ex , interest free credit over 3 years and what i feel is a nice bike with very good reliability (contrary to what other people believe about ducati bikes) This new Diavel is a nifty looking bike in my opinion yes the front light is a bit iffy but i guess changeable the mirrors and zorst would have to go (for me to like it) but apart from that i do like the bike. The bike seems to have decent BHP and a nice streetfighter style stance to it. I think there will be a market for the bike but i do feel it is pricey? but then maybe im not in touch with todays market or in the right bracket to buy this bike ? I like the fact Ducati have tried something different and i hope other manufacturers start to do the same. im sick to the back teeth of jelly mold bikes

Reply to this Topic
mcned

Jun 10

mcned says:

each to their own

In my view (and we are all allowed one) this is going to be an interesting bike. Personally I like the look of it, and I recommend that you look at the colour options before slating it if you haven't already as a single solid colour looks better eg all black.

A muscle bike that can handle some twisties and give everyday comfort from arguably one of the most iconic bike brands has to be something to conisder. Let's ride one first before we judge this one I say...

Reply to this Topic
CAPI300

Jun 10

CAPI300 says:

Devil is in the detail....

I'm not a fan of this type of bike but it's far from hideous. I hate the look of the headlight cowling though! Think we should wait for a proper road test and by that I mean proper riders not just journalists that are used to getting the best of everything. Real road test, on real roads, with real testers.

Reply to this Topic
2ellett

Jan 04

2ellett says:

Do my eyes deceive me

Personally, and this is a personal opinion, I don't care what the spec is and how it rides or handles that is by far one of the most jeffing ugly things I have ever seen.  Bleugggh!!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices