Skip to content

Discuss This New Triumph Trophy spy shots! New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > New Triumph Trophy spy shots!

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

New Triumph Trophy spy shots!

These are pictures of the most significant new Triumph since the launch of the Daytona 675 in 2006. The Trophy tourer you see here is entirely new, has shaft drive, and is the first of the next generation of big-capacity Triumphs. Though test engineers have taken care to remove all logos from the bike – even machining off logos from the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (17 November 2010 09:20)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
nss5pjs

May 10

nss5pjs says:

Thoughts from Kentucky

What wonderful news! A touring bike with some ground clearance, a good size upper fairing that will be wide enough to provide adequate wind protection. A good seat to foot peg ratio that appears to be relaxed regarding the bend of the knee and the placement of feet to torso. Bars not too high or wide. A slightly canted riding position that looks as if it will spread load nicely from your butt to your wrists. A single sided swinging arm and a silencer that won't burn your legs, your arse or the legs of the passenger. Nice big bags that don't mess up the lines of the bike and shaft drive. How perfect for everything I desire in a long distance bike.
It will more than likely be competitively priced and it will be a Triumph! Nice big powerful engine and all the attributes of bikes that are much more expensive and cranky regarding reliability. Like any ownership of a bike of this gross weight, I wouldn’t choose it as an only bike, because it will obviously be a handful around town and sometimes a guy just wants something lighter to throw around in the twisties without the anxiety of loosing it!
The new six cylinder Beemer is going to wipe out your bank account and will not be reliable for at least three years of production. The Kawasaki Concourse 14 is kind of ugly, poorley finished and the center of gravity is too high. The Yamaha FJR1300 leans a little too much toward sport for real comfort two-up touring. For a real piece of England with the probable capability of trouble free high mileage comfort, I think this machine will be on the shopping list for the mature biker who is looking for an exciting way to see the world without making the usual compromises of discomfort and luggage space.

Reply to this Topic
955nsim

Jul 10

955nsim says:

spy shots?

It's already been shown that these are spy shots by two motoring journalists,so why the debate about it? I don't think that the bike is near completion as lots of it are somewhat cobbled together like a lot of prototypes in development.Triumph ran a teaser campaign on the Tiger 800 and some people who seem unable to understand the concept got their knickers in a twist,lots of the other shots of it were just that..shots taken by the public and people seeing it being tested on its 6000 mile trek across Europe and beyond whilst not far from production,this bound to happen when you take a bike out in the wide world to test it. These new pics aren't 'teasers' and its no suprise that a big tourer will have to look a certain way because of aerodynamic considerations.Only time will tell what the final version will look like,hopefully it will look and perform well.

Reply to this Topic
rdo350

Feb 09

rdo350 says:

Nice shaft, shame about the fairing.

My 1998 'Dame Edna' Trophy looks better than this.......not too late to tweak the front of the fairing for a bit more style....

Reply to this Topic
easytargets

Jul 09

easytargets says:

pre-sales

Surely the teasing spy shots are an attempt, and all manufacturers do this, to manipulate future sales. If you are soon to be in the market for a big cruiser and don't rate the old model this may be enough to make you delay your purchace decision until the launch.

I am not a big cruiser customer but think it looks very competent, as for BMW look alike styling I don't think it's a deliberate copy but the inevitable result of computer aided wind tunnel testing, if you as the same questions of a computer it will always give the same answer. Mostly the reason many bikes (and cars) look alike is they are all trying to do the same things and designed using the same type of programs.

Love the new adventure series though. Its British and jobs matter!

Reply to this Topic
cyclelife

Jun 10

cyclelife says:

Fugly!!

I'm glad I didn't wait for this and bought the GT - even if the new Trophy is out before my top box arrives :)

It's Fing UGLY!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
Paulvt1

Aug 08

Paulvt1 says:

Please Mr Triumph - no "chrome trim" this time round. Oh, and a nice big (25lt +) tank.

Reply to this Topic
stevieboy1962

Feb 06

If Triumph do listen to us.....just put a shaft drive on the Sprint GT, that'll get my money.

Reply to this Topic
cyclelife

Jun 10

cyclelife says:

GT with shaft drive for me to please - way better looking, I don't want a BMW look alike yet (not old enough at 50!).

The GT will be agreat bike with a top box and shaft drive.

Reply to this Topic
Rumple

Sep 09

Rumple says:

If you can't beat them, join them. It looks like my BMW and if it goes as well, has the same build quality and has all the extras - heated everything (I don't have a car), cruise control, ESA etc - like the BM, then my money will be staying in the UK next time. And I agree with the comment below. NO CHROME Triumph. My bike lives outside all year round.

Reply to this Topic
clarkson2197fsworldcouk

Feb 04

Seller

When its done it will be a winner and top seller

Bloor's boys certanly know how too drip feed the news hungry press and stir up interest

Glad to see they are also working on a 1200 Tiger with a shaft drive Now thats what we want (I was going to order my 900 Tiger this weekend?)

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices