Skip to content

Discuss This Kawasaki ZX-10R first ride update - 'a formidable weapon' First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > Kawasaki ZX-10R first ride update - 'a formidable weapon'

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Trevor Franklin  says:

Kawasaki ZX-10R first ride update - 'a formidable weapon'

MCN’s Chief Road Tester Trevor Franklin is Qatar at the world launch of Kawasaki’s new ZX-10R. He’s just completed a day’s riding and sent this report. Find a Kawasaki ZX-10R for sale “Evening has descended upon the Losil circuit, and with it the temperature has dropped to a more relaxing 28 degrees.     “The new Kawasaki ZX-10R has shown that it is a...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (18 November 2010 16:24)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

stupid post of the day award goes to...

mickdel

Anybody using the word "spazzy" has clearly got some issues

'Spaz' 'spazzer' or variants 'spacker' or 'spanner' would have been acceptable. But 'spazzy' is just plain gay 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
FellRaven

Apr 10

FellRaven says:

mickdel - you're missing the point

Perhaps deliberately, I'd love to say I'd got the new Ninja, but I have to work hard for my money and I'm raising the question like many others have. Am I prepared to pay £12k for a status symbol that will be (arguably) less fun to ride and slower that say the ZX6R. Now if it was more affordable the question wouldn't arise and I think that is the issue. ps. I like my ER6F and so far it flatters me I doubt the ZX10R would do the same, but that is not what it's about it's the flagship model, to aspire to rather than to own.

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr900rr

Jun 07

to cardiology

...........let us know when u get nicked for speeding.......anything over 120mph and your going down for 6 months........i used to go out with my mates saturday and sunday mornings at 6 am out in derbyshire...no traffic,kids,police camera vans etc.....at one point i can remember looking down at my speedo and i was doing 197mph on the clocks!!! and didn`t even realise it.....i got back home sat down,had a long think and camw e to the conclusion if i`d been caught i`d be looking at 5 yrs inside i reckon.....eeerrr no thanks and sold the bike 3 weeks later.....i (was) a sportsbike,not interested in commuting,touring,sightseeing....i like going fast down roads i know with my knee on the deck and back wheel in the air on the brakes...that to me is the only point of having a bike,but i`m not going to put my job,house,liberty at risk to get that buzz anymore it`s not worth the risk!!!!!..........if i want to commute,cruise,tour i`ll do it in the comfort of my car......that`s the way i see it and i think most people who can ride a 1000cc sportsbike peoperly would see it the same way.....put up a post if u don`t i`m quite open to other views cheers

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

sounds like you need

to get out on track mate. Biggest buzz you'll ever get

Reply to this Topic
cardiology

May 05

cardiology says:

Simoncbr600rr -

Run that by me again - it was saying 197mph on your clock... and you didn't realise it? Hmm. Okay.

You're just as likely to be nicked on a litre bike as on a GS or a 600. If you can't tell that you're doing 120mph - no matter what class of bike you're on - you shouldn't be out on the roads. To say they are too fast is not an argument against litre bikes. My Ford Mondeo can do 120mph too without too much hassle. But strangely enough, 120mph always feels like 120mph to me. No matter what I'm on/in. I glance at the speedo, occassionally.

I bet if the government were to propose a power cap, the same people that are saying there's no place for litre bikes on the roads, too powerful etc would be the same people moaning about loss of liberties, police state blah blah.

Reply to this Topic
SlowerthanU

Aug 10

SlowerthanU says:

Supermario

You're definitely right about the track, you're right about "spazzy" :o) however when you said you weren't trying to start an argument were you being totally honest? Are you really a plumber? Respect to you Sir.                        I like to do a few track days - too old & cowardly for racing me! But what a leveller & what brilliant days, If you've never given it a try then you are really missing out - Don't you think these bikes are designed as a base to win races & sell the whole range, something to lust after in your youth & scare yourself silly on in your dotage - Its your right hand that determines your speed & your brain that controls that. No names but If you've been using your right hand so much as to get RSI then perhaps your brains suffered too...........................................................

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Ha Ha

nice post. Ok, so when I said I wasn't trying to start an argument, I was sort of being honest. I guess I was trying to start a lively debate, which from the looks I have. And yes I am indeed a plumbing and heating engineer.

With regard to this whole matter, I can see both sides, and as cardiology said, although you don't necessarily need a bike that goes 200mph, if you take away peoples right to own something that can, it will only stir up more trouble.

Me personally, I'm quite happy with my 08 Multistrada 1100s. Its not the fastest thing out there by any stretch, but on the right road it can hustle pretty good. It has decent handling, sufficient speed and bags of character!

Having said that, I have been looking at secondhand ZX6R's with a view to club racing again at some point. Maybe.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr900rr

Jun 07

cardy

sorry if it seemed a bit over top....when your doing 150 it doesn`t seem much different to doing 190....what i was getting at is it`s so easy to be enjoying yourself  which the authorities would land you in jail for.....as for the track i`ve done donington a couple of times and it`s boring going round the same bit of tarmac.i prefer roads (or at least i did)...good luck to anybody who is carrying on riding these bikes as they should be ridden,i hope you don`t get caught

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Forget track days

Go racing! its a whole different ballgame with thirty other lunatics on the track. And from what I can remember, the rules are, there are no rules. Just try to cross the line first in an eight lap sprint....amazing fun

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr900rr

Jun 07

might be amazing fun

............does i t cost more than the £15 you spend on petrol having a thrash for a couple of hours??....it`s ok saying do trtack days or go racing but if u want to do it every week your talking £1000`s of pounds a year and for me and 99.9% of people with mortgage,wife,kids etc that isn`t going to happen.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices