Skip to content

Discuss This Shane Byrne joins Kiyonari at HM Plant-backed team British Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > British Superbikes > Shane Byrne joins Kiyonari at HM Plant-backed team

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Gary Pinchin  says:

Shane Byrne joins Kiyonari at HM Plant-backed team

Shane Byrne will line up alongside British Superbike champion Ryuichi Kiyonari in the HM Plant Honda team in BSB next year. And 22-year-old Aussie Jason O’Halloran will ride for the team in National Superstock. The new line-up is being presented at a Honda dealer conference this morning (Monday, November 22) but while it’s probably been one of the worst-kept secrets of...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (22 November 2010 11:15)

Post a message in British Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

I think BSB

is the right place for Shane Byrne. For whatever reason he's never really shone on the international stage. But I'm sure he will enjoy success at HM plant. Good luck to him

Reply to this Topic
Dryballs

Nov 10

Dryballs says:

shame

Shame about the backwards step.

At least he's ended up with a good ride!

I guess it comes down to whether you are better to have a crap ride in WSBK or a plum ride in BSB. Similar situation to Melandri in MotoGP too really - ride around in 15th or up near the front!

I know what I'd prefer!

Reply to this Topic
gixercarl

Sep 06

gixercarl says:

shakey

being a kent boy we all love shakey

but to be honest he is well past the wrong side of 30 and has not impressed enough

top racer and will bring something back to BSB

be great having the skakster and kiyo in same team

Reply to this Topic
windy12

Oct 07

windy12 says:

sponsorship..

It is all about sponsorship and money.  There are a lot of Brits chasing a few British interested sponsors. 

I think he has made the only sensible choice, take a paid seat in a top team witha title chance while the recession plays out, you never know he may win twice then Ten Kate may still not find another decent second rider or eventually let Jonathan move on to GP and he could get a last chance.

The recession could ruin a few more careers with two bikes in a team looking the same but actually being totally different specs, I hope it doesnt happen to Sykes as some predict it may.

Reply to this Topic
Z1100R

Feb 09

Z1100R says:

Ponds..

Big fish in an ever decreasing pond,,,,still better than playing with the tiddlers at the back...

Reply to this Topic
Go Jonny Go!!

Oct 07

Good luck Shakey, welcome back. Will be some interesting times up against Kiyo!!! Looking forward to next season, and seeing Shakey leap the Cadwell mountain!!!!

Reply to this Topic
mickdel

May 03

mickdel says:

Hes old and slow, and yesterday's news. For god's sake, give some new guys a chance.

Reply to this Topic
bolland27

Jun 09

bolland27 says:

mickdel

mickdel.. couldnt agree more .. my heart sank when I heard the news. Byrne keeps yo yoing backwards and forwards doing very little. He claims he hasnt had a top 4 cylinder ride .. Rizla Suzuki may not have been quite up to scratch .. Like to see him tell Birdy face to face that his Stobart Honda wasnt up to it ... the bike was Shakey  ... !!!! ....

Reply to this Topic
gixertam

Aug 07

gixertam says:

Yawn Yawn

So he is back with his head between his legs again. Honda obviously trying to keep someone happy.

Funnythat the Honda he last rode at BSB in quay garage colours finished higher than whatever he did on it.

Come next June he will be talkinh up another venture out to a higher class, yawn yawn yawn Mr Byrne

Reply to this Topic
myers525

May 06

myers525 says:

Kiyo talked about winning BSB 2010 so he could get a ride on the world stage, looks like he had no offers and is reluctanttly back to BSB, but Good Luck to Kiyo, Byrne........dont like him much at all.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices