Skip to content

Discuss This Shane Byrne joins Kiyonari at HM Plant-backed team British Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > British Superbikes > Shane Byrne joins Kiyonari at HM Plant-backed team

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Gary Pinchin  says:

Shane Byrne joins Kiyonari at HM Plant-backed team

Shane Byrne will line up alongside British Superbike champion Ryuichi Kiyonari in the HM Plant Honda team in BSB next year. And 22-year-old Aussie Jason O’Halloran will ride for the team in National Superstock. The new line-up is being presented at a Honda dealer conference this morning (Monday, November 22) but while it’s probably been one of the worst-kept secrets of...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (22 November 2010 11:15)

Post a message in British Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

big fish smallfish cardboard box

the small fish better watch out one of thr big fish is back in the pond. The problem at the moment thst all the quality young talent that this country has that is capable of winning the BSB title are already riding in WSB. The rest just arent good enough to challenge the likes of Shakey when i comes to getting a ride on a bike thats one of the best in the paddock.

Shakeys proven track record at this level counts for alot, and whilst he's not been making it onto the podium in WSB , he's hardly been last and getting lapped. I could be mistaken but i think he's done alot better than kiyo did at world level in terms of points score over a full season.

So not the youngest yes, but hardly, a burnt out hasbeen whos twice his claimed age like chris pack it in now m8 Walker

Reply to this Topic
gixertam

Aug 07

gixertam says:

You are mistaken Kiyo had 3 firsts and at least half a dozen podiums in his 2 seasons.

Finished 9th on over 200 points first season, 11 on second eason on about 140 but missed the last 3 races of season.

Reply to this Topic
Ivebeenthehero

Jun 09

Shane Byrne is a credit to BSB

What do so many people with opinions know so little about bike racing?? Shane Byrne is an incredibly talented rider that has been earning his keep on a second string bike in WSB. He will come back and do very well in BSB - a title contender for sure.

Reply to this Topic
bikemad123

Mar 09

bikemad123 says:

just a thought where has bsb and wsb for that matter gone from the bbc! used to love getting up sunday mornings watching these guys rip it up on track! come bbc who the fuck wants to sit down an watch snooker an tennis 8hrs at a time

mcn any help cos think we should get a patition going lol

Reply to this Topic
merc240

Oct 10

merc240 says:

@Gixertam

@Gixertam

Where do you clowns get your information...

"Funnythat the Honda he last rode at BSB in quay garage colours finished higher than whatever he did on it."

I presume you're talking about the Stobart Honda that Byrne rode in 2007... Well how the f**k could that bike in Quay Garage livery finish any higher than 1st place you pr*ck ? Byrne won on it in 2007. Not that you'd know cos you obviously weren't watching the same championship that everyone else was. You mug...

Reply to this Topic
clarkson2197fsworldcouk

Feb 04

Great Season Coming

Shakey does have a habbit of saying what he is going to deliver before he can or cant deliver BUT when he clicks with a bike and team he is competative no doubt

I like the bloke (spin aside) he will have a go on the last bend "Him and Brookes" mmmmm

Jesus it is going to be a hell of a season

i was planning to cut down on BSB and do more european WSB but i think our domestic championship will be as good as WSB if not better (Pity we aint got 2 Cadwell rounds)

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

Byrne

Great rider in his day but a bit long in the tooth now . I wish the big teams would take the chance on riders who arent past it

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
gixertam

Aug 07

gixertam says:

MERC240

Cant remember him getting a first but hey if i am wrong i am wrong. One thing i aint wrong about is MERC you are a complete wanker obviously hard as feck when on internet.  Feck you you complete fucking wanker.

Reply to this Topic
Mort77

Mar 09

Mort77 says:

Hmm

I don't want to knock Shakey because he is an obvious talent - you don't win one title by accident let alone two. However I don't think he will make the kind of mark back in BSB that he would like to. Basically I think he's a Ducati guy (won both his BSB titles on them) and as such won't, and I use the word reservedly, perform so well on a 4 cylinder bike. My moneys on Easton for next year.

Reply to this Topic
stormrider66

Jul 08

stormrider66 says:

Shakey

Think its time to hang your leathers up mate.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices