Skip to content

Discuss This Kawasaki ZX-10R v BMW S1000R - spec comparison New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Kawasaki ZX-10R v BMW S1000R - spec comparison

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Kawasaki ZX-10R v BMW S1000R - spec comparison

MCN's chief road tester Trevor Franklin has just returned from the world launch of the new Kawasaki ZX-10R in Qatar. In this week's MCN (out this Wednesday, November 24) he'll reveal if he thinks it'll beat the bike he's been riding for the last 9 months - the BMW S1000RR.     Find a BMW S1000RR for sale In the meantime, here are...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (22 November 2010 16:03)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
shaolinsy

Oct 05

shaolinsy says:

Having previously been a mechanic for kawasaki for a number of years I wouldn't buy one personally.

In isolation it will be a good bike, but as soon as they do a group test it wont finish anywhere near the top in traditional kawasaki fashion.

All the die hard kawasaki fans will rave about and buy it by the dozen ,however whenever I spoke to the senior salesman in the showroom, he would say loads of people test ride the bikes, like them but go and buy something else in the end.

I'll take the BMW any day

Reply to this Topic
BUSA666

Apr 09

BUSA666 says:

well done kawasaki

shaolinsy

shaolinsy says

Having previously been a mechanic for Kawasaki for a number of years I wouldn't buy one personally.

what a complete liar.... i am sure you have never seen a real bike never mind ridden or machanic for one..

the Kawasaki is the superior bike by a mile... well done Kawasaki, beating that crap over hyped BMW .

Reply to this Topic
shaolinsy

Oct 05

shaolinsy says:

BUSA666

If I'm a complete liar, your a complete cock!

Reply to this Topic
wallis2310

Nov 10

wallis2310 says:

Looking at all these comments , I cant believe what rubbish people are saying , yeah its powerfull , topspeed 190mph blah blah ......but too much power for UK roads come on!! I think u r all missing the point .....nearly every car,bike, truck has the ability to top 100mph thats 20 over the speed limit they can all help you into prison, loose license etc ...but not many would be SO MUCH FUN!!! JUST LOOK AT IT GORGEOUS !

Reply to this Topic
bikerbit

Mar 09

bikerbit says:

zzr1400 £9,699 busa £9,799 enough said well that and the small book below lol

honestly don't like the looks of ether but if all specs and hype is true am glad qackie is better never been a fan of bmw's as for the comments of its a copy and stuff considering bmw took so long to make a 1000cc race bike would say they copied the jap machines but thats all irrelevant they are both over priced considering you can get a busa and zzr1400 for just over 9 grand thats basicly 2 grand less and lets face it the busa is a legend in its own life time as much as I would rather have the zzr cant beat the busa for what it is and take the limiter off the busa and it will show up both these bikes for both top speed and 1/4 mile drag and damn site more comfortable and it doesn't have as much horses and weighs more and yet still faster although these bikes may corner better on track problem with all that power in such a short frame is that they become unstable trying to put it all down love it or hate it busa is king and these bikes wont be remembered just another ninja and beamer ;)

Reply to this Topic
TinkerNZ

Oct 09

TinkerNZ says:

I sooner push a harley then ride either one of these rice burners

Reply to this Topic
Moaning

Nov 10

Moaning says:

Grannies with wet panties

Wow, how sad are all of you guys moaning about too much power on the road or i ride a ER6F and i am happy with the power, or id rather push a harley than have one of these rice burners, why do you guys even comment on bikes that u dont know how to handle, no one is forcing any of you to buy one,  why dont u guys rather register on a site where they talk about mediocre bikes, and give ur 2c, get a life people, for f*ck sakes.

Reply to this Topic
FellRaven

Apr 10

FellRaven says:

Moaning

Was the ER6 comment aimed at me? I don't remember saying I was happy with the power of the ER6. I think you'll find what I said was that it's unlikely on the road you'll ever be able to use all 200bhp and that a smaller Super Sports like the ZX6R might actually be faster on the road in average hands. Given a free one I'd bite your arm off but if I'm shelling out my own hard earned I'm going to go for something more affordable, I'm looking at ZX6s or Daytonas as my next bike. I think we'll all have to wait for a road test (not track) to decide which is better, figures on paper don't mean that much.

Reply to this Topic
cubax

Apr 09

cubax says:

Too much power ?

I agree with Fellraven. Ones perception of how powerful the bike is depends on what they`ve just come off of. Most people realize fast road riding on a sports bike is an exhilarating personal experience they wish to develop and repeat. But we all know there is a limit to which you can emulate GP heroes on public roads. Luckily, this doesn`t have to detract from the experience. I`ve owned lot`s of middleweight bikes and(as a road only rider) never quite had the inspiration to buy a thou. I`m not lazy with the throttle either and really enjoy a good blast. I have a `10 gixer750 at the mo and to be honest, I don`t (or can`t:)) see how one could ride it any faster than the(previous) zx6 ON THE ROAD. I imagine 600s can at least match the big bikes on turning, braking, feel etc. and that is enough for me to enjoy the ride, thanks.

Reply to this Topic
cardiology

May 05

cardiology says:

Bikerbit. Is that an extract from Finnegan's Wake?

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices