Skip to content

Discuss This Video: 2011 KTM RC8R first ride First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > Video: 2011 KTM RC8R first ride

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Michael Guy  says:

Video: 2011 KTM RC8R first ride

While other sportsbike manufacturers are rushing to develop electronic rider aids (see page 2), KTM believes their new RC8R doesn't need them. Find a KTM RC8R for sale The heavily updated RC8R has 175bhp, 94lb.ft of torque, top of the range WP suspension, adjustable chassis and stunning looks – but no traction control or ABS. Watch the video test below:   brightcove.createExperiences();

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (24 November 2010 10:07)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Georg3

Mar 08

Georg3 says:

Good review

Plenty of detail.

Reply to this Topic
kenward5876

Aug 10

kenward5876 says:

WANT THAT ONE!

still a stunning looking bike, great review

Reply to this Topic
bg600rr

Nov 10

bg600rr says:

awsome bike

A great European rival for the Japanese sports bikes fleet out there. It's got plenty of perfomance packed into and I assume it's also tons of fun. Proper racing machine...I want one!

Reply to this Topic
Fomancu

Jul 08

Fomancu says:

RC8R

I did a TNT track day at my local circuit in 2009 on an RC8R as well as a 1 day road test. The power delivery was terrible for the road-not so bad on the track except the really slow turns--so almost certainly for 2011 Ill do another TNT day on this new model, if not  just to see if my laps times are improved :-)

Reply to this Topic
nickyb65

Jan 10

nickyb65 says:

Looks nice

Better than flymo orange.

Reply to this Topic
Banzai600

Feb 06

Banzai600 says:

RC8 ?

Ya know, when i first seen this bike the yr it was launched at NEC few yrs ago i was excited.

But to be honest, since then it does nothing for me all. I want to like it but just cant ?   Into my 1000cc sports but the RC8  has just never given me the bite it should.

I dunno.....

Reply to this Topic
craigy46

Jan 08

craigy46 says:

Brakes!!

Notice that KTM have still not sorted the issue of the squeeling brakes on the RC8!!

Reply to this Topic
boneheaded

Nov 10

boneheaded says:

gear indicator or rev counter??

Michael.. For this video, I'll give you a "C". You've managed to observe some of the things that make it different, but you haven't actually applied the information given to you by KTM very well. Perhaps the worst example is you pointing to the digital rev counter along the top and then, a few moments later, telling us that the bike has a gear indicator and then pointing again, at the same rev counter and saying that the bar moves along the numbers according to the gear.. wtf?? so what about numbers 7 to 12? And what do you think the big N is for at the bottom right of the display?? The footpegs can be moved into any of 4 positions, not 2 (that spacer comes out so you can go back or forwards on each height). You didn't mention the new flywheel, which is what KTM claim to be the reason behind the smoother engine. And, do you really change the fuel mapping from the dash for different octane ratings???? I mean, the dash has always had an option for road or race on RC8 models, but it didn't have any effect on the mapping. You needed to go to a dealer for that. The Race setting just gave you access to lap timing functions that aren't really necessary or even useful on the public road. Come on, just spend 10 minutes before you film these things, checking what you're going to say and you'd sound so much more credible.

Reply to this Topic
antimagneto

Jun 09

antimagneto says:

Call me a cynic but a 1000 twin making 175bhp is either far fetched or not a reliable proposition surely. Need a bloody good long warranty for me to choose it over an R1.

Reply to this Topic
boneheaded

Nov 10

boneheaded says:

1000?

Who said it's a 1000?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN