Skip to content

Discuss This What do you make of the Ducati Diavel? New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > What do you make of the Ducati Diavel?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Andy Downes  says:

What do you make of the Ducati Diavel?

Ducati has opened an online comment forum for the new and opinion-dividing Diavel musclebike which Ducati hopes can take near superbike performance and handling to the cruiser market. The forum is open to anyone who has something to say about the new bike – good or bad. Full information about the bike confirms 162bhp, 207kg kerbweight for the more expensive Diavel Carbon...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (24 November 2010 13:23)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
rlf3

Jan 10

rlf3 says:

Don't like it at all.

Ducati should stick to what they're best at, building proper motorbikes for proper men instead of factory customs for gay cowboys.

Reply to this Topic
Royal3001

Nov 10

Royal3001 says:

LOVE IT

I know many will disagree, but I love this thing. It looks aggressive and I love the riding position. And that rear rubber looks massive. Then again I like these kind of machines, the Harley V-Rod Muscle and the V-Max are the other two, but for me, this one nails it !

Reply to this Topic
alernest

Jan 09

alernest says:

SHOULD BRING CASH. PERIOD.

I think it's evident what this bike is. It should be evident to anyone who knows two bits about bikes.  It is great for any manufacturer to expand its niches, so that they are financially more solid and so keep having money to develop real bikes.

They saw Harley outsells the whole market, they saw what Yamaha can charge for the Vmax whatever it feels like, so it was all simple:  Especially the US has a huge dormant potential market, an exclusive and easy-to-gather bounty.   That engineers in Bologna may not get excited doesn't matter as much.

I hope it brings cash so we can have more great bikes but am not terribly excited to meet the people that will own and tour downtowns with this bike...

Reply to this Topic
meak9

Aug 08

meak9 says:

awesome

i love look,the idea and i think ducati has done a great job in entering a different class!

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

A damn sight better than an Indiana

For those of you with long memories harking back to the mid eighties and Cagiva's 650cc cruiser abomination. 

Muscle Cruisers border on the pretentious in my books. Not my cup of tea but I think the Diavel is a good interpretation of this theme, even if the majority will be brought by the Cafe Latte reflection set. That 240 section rear should help them in avoiding any embarrassing drops on the pavement. It could probably stand without side stand support. 

Interesting that the model will retain it's latin name and not be bastardised like 'Il Monstro' was.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
antimagneto

Jun 09

antimagneto says:

Sorry

There's only a V-Max in this sector. For me to think 'I hope these bloody handlebars are strong' while panning it in 2nd and 3rd is a lasting memory. I was so fortunate to be able to bone one to death for a week, and as you can imagine it ran as sweetly as ever when I gave it back. Nothing broke, no dramas, just top quality engineering. What you would expect for £20,000 really. I'm not really a V-Max bloke to be honest, but the old saying that quality is remembered long after price is forgotten applies here. I would guess a sensibly ridden one would see out 2 generations easy....

Reply to this Topic
UltimateMax

Aug 10

UltimateMax says:

I agree with Royal3001

Everything he said

I would also add in the Boulevard M109R, B-king and Rocket III Roadster

Maybe its time Yamaha took their V-Max engine and slot it in a very light weight Busa style chasis and "retune" it for Maximum Horsepower!!

Just build the damn thing with a more upright ride position than Busa and ZX14 eg highish handlebars like Z1000SX

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices