Skip to content

Discuss This Yamaha R1 and R6 get Ohlins makeover New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Yamaha R1 and R6 get Ohlins makeover

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

Yamaha R1 and R6 get Ohlins makeover

Special versions of the Yamaha R1 and R6 featuring new Ohlins suspension components are to be unveiled at the NEC in Birmingham tomorrow. An Ohlins TTX 336 rear shock costing £969 features on a list of special parts lavished on both sports bikes. Save £££s on motorcycle suspension in the MCN Shop The special R1 – codenamed Project 14B – has also been...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (26 November 2010 11:59)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Hainzy

Jul 07

Hainzy says:

The Yamaha range is becoming extortionately over priced as it is, how much will this upgrades add to the list price?

In all honesty, how many people can ride an R1 to the limits on the road, the bikes limit that is!

Reply to this Topic
toadhancocks

Oct 10

toadhancocks says:

toe cutter live in cave and carry wife by hair!

Reply to this Topic
hjworton

Aug 02

hjworton says:

If Yamaha are going to be charging premium money for their bikes then they need to up the ante in terms of build quality and kit on the bikes as standard. Don't pay for an overpriced and too heavy R1, buy a £5500 2008 KTM RC8 instead, you know it makes sense.

Reply to this Topic
kl595

Nov 03

kl595 says:

Did someone switch on the predictive text on toecutter71's keyboard or something.

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr900rr

Jun 07

lol lol lol

those stupid mcn prices trying to make u think your getting a bargain.....yamaha own ohlins so the shock probably costs £50,the forks £150 and the discs the same as standard and they are saving metal out the petals for more discs.....get fuked

Reply to this Topic
tman39a

Mar 08

tman39a says:

Ohlins

Yamaha and Ohlins parted company a 3 years back so they get no price favours. Bikes look well but are already too expensive before adding these goodies.

Reply to this Topic
andemcfc

Feb 03

andemcfc says:

I suppose they need to do something to try and sell the mass surplus of R1's they have.....lol!

Reply to this Topic
grahamwhite81

Nov 08

@Toecutter71

i undsretood evethiryng yuo said wtih teh exptiocen fo yuor unaserme. :)

Reply to this Topic
kevinschwantz

Sep 10

toecutter71

Are you related to YODA by chance???

Reply to this Topic
nlko

Oct 10

nlko says:

Crying?

After reading your comments all i felt is pitty.... FFS if you cant afford a Motorcycle buy an used one for half a price. All this whining is for old womens and children. I cant afford to buy a new R1(i wish too) but i dont whine about price. It is as it is... live with it.... stop whining....

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices