Skip to content

Discuss This British Eurosport confirms 2011 MotoGP deal MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > British Eurosport confirms 2011 MotoGP deal

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

British Eurosport confirms 2011 MotoGP deal

Popular commentary duo Julian Ryder and Toby Moody will be back on screens again in 2011 after British Eurosport confirmed it had signed a new one-year agreement to show the MotoGP world championship next season. The comprehensive package will include live coverage featuring practice and qualifying sessions for the 125cc class, Moto2 and MotoGP as well as the live 125cc and...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (26 November 2010 20:55)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
whemy

Oct 10

whemy says:

nice to hear

moody is top topman you carnt really compare someone like charlie cox on the bbc he carnt even get pedrosa,s number right not on one occasion but all season he has a problem with how to read 26 he always says 28 get back to cars dick weed.as for parrish.well carnt even be arsed with him.toby and julian top lads yeh bring back randy he was great as a racer aswell as pit lane.not sure his voice would work as the main commentry team though.

Reply to this Topic
IRacingGreen

Apr 08

IRacingGreen says:

Classes

I am finding MCN getting lazy with this site, which is a shame as it is generally informative. How many articles in the past 6 months about no more 125s and the start of Moto 3, yet they don't even check their own articles! Amateurs!

Reply to this Topic
Popski

Feb 09

Popski says:

Excellent news, personally I'd prefer that they got shot of Ryder, bit of a patronising toad and brought Randy in. There is no way on this Earth can I watch the BBC coverage, that 'Resident Irritant' from Oz would have me reaching for the 'off' button immediately, in fact I did it less than 24 hours ago when the Beeb did a season review. He makes Murray Walker's F1 commentaries seem 'flat' and informative.

Reply to this Topic
arthurbikemad

Aug 07

The BBC is a load of bull, they p#ss around with MGP on the red button and this is meant to be a good service?  Give live MGP back to Eurosport!

Reply to this Topic
mattbirt

Aug 02

mattbirt says:

IRacingGreen

Just for clarification, the Moto3 class doesn't start until 2012 as we've stated  numerous times since we broke the story earlier this year.

Thanks Matt

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

another vote here

for dropping the 'Alan Partridge' of the motor racing world. Toby Moody is highly irritating and usually just gets in the way of Julian Ryder saying something of interest. Drop Moody, replace him with Witham, and bring back Mamola

Reply to this Topic
Commando828

Feb 09

Commando828 says:

wholly agree re Moody

Moody is biased. Endless refernces to Nicky.    "Great start from Hayden in 10th" (from 11th) !!? Great to see Nicky back again... one podium in year  etc etc.

Endless references to the pressure that Dani P is under; OH!  He will be with Repsol for SEVEN years. He weighs less than a dog or two bags of cement.  Never mentions that lighter riders have to compensate for lack of weight in certain circumstances.

Only better than Cox;   agree with Supermario re team AND keep Spalders

Reply to this Topic
tockie

Aug 10

tockie says:

supermario

Alan Partridge- HA HA HA HA HA HA. right on the money FU@KIN priceless.

Reply to this Topic
1050cc

May 09

1050cc says:

Oh whoopeeee, more of the obnoxiously arrogant Julian Ryder... Toby Moody is fun but he too is starting to believe his own hype. Unless someone at Eurosport reins these 2 in a bit, the commentary will be forgotten whilst they endlessly bang on about fookin' Twitter for hours on end! They used to be the best but their egos have taken over.

Get Whitham on board!

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
CosherB

Apr 06

CosherB says:

commentary teams

sounds like both Eurosport and the BBC have 'marmite' commentary teams.  i'm no fan of coxster, but i wonder if Auntie would get better feedback if they changed the lead commentator ....

i've written on here many times to say that Eurosport, as a dedicated sports channel, should be doing a better job than the BBC!  in defence of the Beeb, they are showing all 125, Moto 2 and MotoGP races live for what is perceived by the general population as a minority interest sport.  F1 gets a bigger budget ( it was described to me as being 'in a different league' compared to MotoGP by an insider) simply because more people watch it.  on a good day, the BBC MotoGP race audience is about the same as an F1 qualifying session, around 1m (up to 3m for the British MotoGP).  F1 can get race day audiences up to 9m, so it's a no-brainer for the BBC to budget their coverage based on audience size.

jamesg75 - when did the BBC commit to showing MotoGP on BBC1?  in any case, the Beeb can do themselves a big favour next year if the whole series is to be broadcast in HD, they can show it all on the BBC HD channel.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices