Skip to content

Discuss This Carole Nash Motorcycle Live: Enfield Fury New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Carole Nash Motorcycle Live: Enfield Fury

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Andy Downes  says:

Carole Nash Motorcycle Live: Enfield Fury

Royal Enfield showed this flat-track inspired bike called the Fury at Motorcycle Live 2010. The new bike is based on the fuel-injected Electra and features twin silencers, wide western-style handlebars, digital clocks, flat-track style glass fibre seat, a chrome headlight and chrome indicators.  The Enfield Fury will cost £5,795 when it goes on sale in the UK. 

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (29 November 2010 10:00)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
shuggiemac63

Jun 10

shuggiemac63 says:

British !?!

It's a long time since Royal Enfield were a British manufacturer. Come on MCN this is elementary school stuff.

Reply to this Topic
snave

Aug 02

snave says:

Fury..?

`Mildly Miffed` surely..?! Or `Slightly Agitated`..? Does it actually have enough power to get the back to step out of line on shale, we wonder? For all that, nice styling exercise. But the name stickers would have to go, it's just so gauche!

Reply to this Topic
coventryeagle

Apr 10

An unfortunate compromise.

I spoke to one of the guys on the stand about this model.

It is correct to say that these bikes aren't "British" in that they are made at a base level in India; however most of the bikes on the stand are built for the UK market.

I believe (could be wrong) that all of the bikes which aren't the base "Bullet;" so that means the Woodsman, the Trials, the Clubman AND the Fury, are all built up and customised here in the UK.

This highlights the problem facing Watsonian Squire, the Enfield importers. The fact that they have to do this customisation themself means a lot of investment. The Clubman Tank, I am lead to believe, is one of the most expensive parts to have had made for the bike. There will always be a toss up between cost of modifying and cost of sale. They could have made a true flat-tracker; (slab sided tank and the like,) but it would have cost far, far more.

Although earlier I commented and was critical of the bike, I believe it looks a bit better in the flesh than the photos. I still think, however, that the rounded 1950s tank looks out of place - but for the reasons outlined above, I can see why they did it.

Reply to this Topic
jonnyconcrete

Oct 05

british .....i lol'd

the moment you make any of your bikes elsewhere makes
you a international company

Can i ask why any royal enfield bikes need to be made elsewhere ?

Reply to this Topic
speedfreak56

Aug 09

speedfreak56 says:

famous old marque

great brand name but oh dear ..............

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices