Skip to content

Discuss This Toseland gets first taste of BMW World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > Toseland gets first taste of BMW

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Michael Guy  says:

Toseland gets first taste of BMW

James Toseland has completed his first ever laps onboard the BMW S1000RR at a wet and cold Portimao this morning. The two time WSB champion rode the BMW test team’s bike in preparation for his future with the new BMW Motorrad Italia squad he will ride for in 2011. Despite the poor conditions, Toseland was able to gain an initial impression...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (29 November 2010 17:32)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jim929cc

Sep 10

jim929cc says:

grayzx7r

"Tosser is a has been?"

Read my earlier post about talent you ignorant maggot.

" Even if Toseland packs up tomorrow he will still have achieved more than we will collectively with our miserable little lives. All top level bike riders are massive talents- some people on here just need to remember that."

You won many WSB championships have you? I must have missed that year...

James Toseland would piss all over you at anything you care to mention...and I bet your wife would like to shag him. I know mine would.

Have some respect you moron.

Reply to this Topic
jim929cc

Sep 10

jim929cc says:

I bet most of the no life dicks that write in here are the same people who buy the colours of whichever rider happens to be winning that year- the BSB crowds are full of them.

Sometimes this forum attracts more retards than a free entry day at a special needs expo...

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr900rr

Jun 07

wait for the races

......it will be the engine is slow,it won`t turn,it`s not agile...blah blah blah excuse excuse blah blah blah

Reply to this Topic
Ben52

Sep 09

Ben52 says:

Toseland

I knew it, as soon as i saw there was a Toseland piece i could bet my house on it that there would be no end of sad pathetic little boys slagging him off from the comfort of there mums living rooom,  they probably loved him when he was kicking Bayliss,s ass, and winning the WSBK title twice on two different makes of bikes, but forget about that, lets all suck up to whoever is leading the championship this year.

Thats my rant over, look forward to reading more expert opinions on Toseland and whoever else is in the firing line of the superior riders who write posts in here.

Reply to this Topic
schilla46

Jun 08

schilla46 says:

Toseland...

He is a great talent and a nice guy....moto gp deflated his confidence, however I do remember him dicing with Rossi in 2009 at Phillip Island, that was great! He needs the bike & right team like every rider - then he will be able to ride like Toseland, he hasn't lost his talent...The Yamaha WSB is not perfect, Skyes struggled, while Spies was faultless, but he is a higher level like The Aliens. Cal didn't have the greatest show on the WSB, he for sure is fast, very fast - but is no Alien. Toseland is no Alien, he is a fantastic WSB rider though, race winner for sure, he will comeback strong once he is confident...

Reply to this Topic
CottonRunt

Oct 10

CottonRunt says:

long time listener, 1st time caller

Of all the riders out there, James Toseland is the one who I want to support the most, I just.....can't do it. I loved him on the Vimto Honda during his BSB days while he was a learning lad. And i loved him even more on the HM Plant Ducati, but since then........ Yes he's won 2 titles but both times he had the best bike by a mile, and both times he bottled it after the half-way stage in the season, and both times should've been champ 3 or 4 races before the end. For sure he can ride, but so can everyone else, better than him. His problems are all mental. He is the fittest rider by far and has always had good machinery at the world level but excuse after excuse after excuse. I'd love him to prove me wrong but I don't think he'll ever win another race at world level unless the circumstances are freaky on race day. Peace, and ride safe.

Reply to this Topic
CH987

May 09

CH987 says:

Knobs

Ben52 hit the nail on the head. As soon as I saw Toselands name I knew there would be this kind of response. All this proves is how little some of you knobs really know about the sport. So many factors went against him in Motogp but people think he had the same bike as Rossi so he should of been fighting for the lead. Firstly Toseland never was a Yamaha rider he was a Tech 3 rider. Tech 3 are a second rate team that was running round on Dunlops until Yamaha bailed them out.  In Toselands first year 2008 Yamaha started the season with a crap frame, normal valved engine, dodgey front end and all but Rossi on uncompetitive Michelins ( didn't Toseland AND Edwards nearly get lapped at one race, Ithink it was Montegi) . Who was last to get the new frame JT, last to get Pneumatic valves JT, don't think they ever did sort out his front end. And despite all this he had a reasonable rookie year. At the start of the 2009 season all the riders swopped to Bridgestone and all the riders (esp Rossi ) complained about front end chatter. The works bikes got sorted pretty quick closely followed by Edwards but JT's never did. Add to that 2 massive pre-season crashes and a total loss of confidence, and a team that wasn't really behind him by mid-season then it's not surprising he had a tough second year.

Now i'm not a fan of any particular rider. I just want to see good close racing, but for chrissake give the guy a break. Fans, real fans of motorcycle racing would be giving him some support and hoping he is part of an exciting and entertaining year of racing, not just sharpening the knives and waiting for him to fall.:mad:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
george shuttleworth

May 04

Simoncbr

Maybe you should of got JT's ride... I'm positive you'd be alot faster with yer kneedown back end in the air under braking ..197 on the speedo... With out realising it.. On the road aswell .. Riding skills. I think you'd make a world champ.... And TT winner too as I've seen your little YouTube post advising that lad on his zrx that he was as slow as fuk... You just can't help yourself can you... Knobber.

Reply to this Topic
IcantRIDEaBIKE

Aug 09

F'ing Mutants

You sad wankers, Toseland is a 2 time WSB champion. You can't just write him off and whos to say that if he gets a good start to the season and starts beating Leon and Troy that BMW won't throw everything they've got at him, they're their to win.

I bet most of you cant even ride a bike. Come back with your opinions when you know which lever is the brake.

Fucking wankers, get behind our lads, you're an embarrasment to your country

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Actually he didn't "steal" anything

Gary Reynders asked if he could work with JT

You used to come across as a decent guy, why are you acting like such a prick over Toseland?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices