Skip to content

Discuss This Toseland gets first taste of BMW World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > Toseland gets first taste of BMW

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Michael Guy  says:

Toseland gets first taste of BMW

James Toseland has completed his first ever laps onboard the BMW S1000RR at a wet and cold Portimao this morning. The two time WSB champion rode the BMW test team’s bike in preparation for his future with the new BMW Motorrad Italia squad he will ride for in 2011. Despite the poor conditions, Toseland was able to gain an initial impression...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (29 November 2010 17:32)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
simoncbr900rr

Jun 07

omg!!!

.....george your stalking me,have u no life nto only do u follow all my posts on here...now your hunting me down on you tube....i`m not gay george sorry,your going to have to stalk someone else........no he didn`t have the same bike as rossi,he had the same bike as edwards who kicked his arse on it......toseland has won the wsb title twice yes....well done but his head is the size of pluto`s,and is arrogant beyond belief.....if yu want to support that kind of rider go ahead...if your lucky he`s gay and you can suck his nob live on you tube.....george i`ve not had a go at you......so f*** off

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr900rr

Jun 07

blind cockends

.........why the fuk should anybody support a rider from their own country if they think the rider is not a nice person,who gives a sugar coated image to the fans who come for their autograph and want stupid fukin pictures taken with them?......toseland is arrogant,big headed,blames everybody else or the bike...and on it goes

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

No He Isnt

Toseland is not arrogant in relation to his peers and he is a nice chap away from the track . Ive known him since he was a nipper admittedly I havent spoken to him for a long time . A friend of a friend was his manager for years . James is a decent lad , but like ANY sportsman at his level he has a tremendous amount of self belief to start with then maybe as that belief takes a knock he wonders why , who of us doesnt blame somehting else at first ?

Reply to this Topic
Banzai600

Feb 06

Banzai600 says:

Toseland

I dont get the Toseland bashing at all. People have short memories indeed. Some of the comments below are uncalled for to say the least and unfounded. He has had a terrible run of it the last while so his luck has got o change. Its not just down to him why he has had two terrible seasons.

I reckon myself this could be a chance for him to restore confidence in himself and turn his career around. The s1000rr is more than capable of winning and he is a grafter.

I wish him well and i hope he proves the haters wrong. :sunglasses:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Yes the usual worms come crawling out

the moment they see the name James Toseland. Yes CBR Simon and the Gray ZXR I'm talking about you. 50%+ of your posts are mere JT slags - why bother?

Two time world champ on two thoroughly different machines goes to prove JT is adaptable. Whatever has ailed him for the past two seasons is pure speculation. I really thought he would do well last year on the R1. Especially coming down from the M1. He should've been right in there and running the pace. But frankly he looked 'slow' most of the year not carrying the corner speed of the top guys, and Cal did embarrass him. 

I don't doubt JT's ability to work hard and bounce back. 2011 is a make or break season for James. Let's hope he can find his mojo and do his record justice. He won't win the title and even podium's will be difficult, but I don't like seeing champions fade away.

BMW have had a bit of an acrimonious internal shake up in personnel too of late which might impact negatively on the factory support promises James' Italian run squad have been given. Let's hope not.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

I agree !

No need for the abuse or name calling anymore,No I am not a fan nor do I think he will fair any better this season than last,Rawdog is about right,But whatever he does please no more excuses or predictions,just get on with it shut up and prove the fans or doubters right or wrong whichever is the case,otherwise this really has to be the last hoorah ! regardless of what we think, Nike shold sponsor him this year "just do it "

Reply to this Topic
DukeFirenze

Oct 10

DukeFirenze says:

Not all yams are equal!!

Im no great toseland lover or hater, CH987 stole my thunder though!! he's spot on, though spies undoubtedly got better results than toseland, lets not kid  ourselves that toseland had anything like the level of yam and tyres that spies did... toseland was riding a second rate t'urd!

though to be fair it seems toseland is one of those riders who really seems to need the whole package to be just right and well settled in his team to be at his best (which lets remember is a two time world champ best)

no-one can doubt his dedication, he always does an obscene amount of test laps, and remember the other year in donnington he binned trying to recover a bad qual on first corner then raced the whole race with somehting like a footpeg missing but he wanted to be out there for ALL HIS FANS! and i was a tose t shirt that day, and i still have it, and i still wear it!!!

perhaps he should focus on racing though and not playing the piano, surely thats a distraction on race weekend?

All the best to James anyway, hope he has a blinder of a season and settles with the team

PS i dont get all the excuses whinges on this post - I cant think of a professional rider today who doesnt moan like hell about his bike anytime he isnt on top step of podium. THEY ALL DO IT! (actually tom sykes doesnt seem to - but thats about it :)

Reply to this Topic
snjphotographer

Feb 09

going by half the comments on here, tom sykes should have been second in the championship in 2009 then, and cal should have won more than 3 races in 2010. i used to think that motorcycle racing was different to football thay we all got on no matter who we support.like when you camp at races and the people next to ypu are italian and french yet they don't sit there in your face because of who you support. o how times changed (and i'm only 26) out of the 2010 grid if i'm right there were only 2 world champions, corser and oh yeah toseland.and toseland finished above corser,he finished above 19 riders,if that was me i'd probably have crashed in every race.if you wanna criticise someone do it but why slag them off.i'm a jt fan i only watched gp and bsb untill jt came to moto gp.i liked the guy and was an instant fan,he did some sh*t races the last few years but how many british riders have fought with rossi, i bet there aren't many

Reply to this Topic
WAK463

Feb 03

WAK463 says:

simoncbr900rr

What did he do to upset you? I have met him a couple of times and he was the perfect gent. You should look up arrogance in the dictionary, you are confused. You are obviously a riding GOD, I have just checked out the CHICKEN STRIPS on your bike photo. Do you actually ride it or just push it in and out of the garage?

Reply to this Topic
jim929cc

Sep 10

jim929cc says:

Bell ends

simoncbr900rr and grayzx7r and all the other JT slaggers - go win a WSB championship before you slag another champion off. Or a British championship. Or a club race. Or a fucking raffle.

Bike racing doesnt need pricks like you among its followers. I bet you bought his t shirts when he was champion.....

Chances are he wont set the world alight this year- but he has before and can again. You blokes couldnt set light to your own farts.

Go and follow football with all the other arseholes.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices