Skip to content

Discuss This Toseland gets first taste of BMW World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > Toseland gets first taste of BMW

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Michael Guy  says:

Toseland gets first taste of BMW

James Toseland has completed his first ever laps onboard the BMW S1000RR at a wet and cold Portimao this morning. The two time WSB champion rode the BMW test team’s bike in preparation for his future with the new BMW Motorrad Italia squad he will ride for in 2011. Despite the poor conditions, Toseland was able to gain an initial impression...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (29 November 2010 17:32)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
simoncbr900rr

Jun 07

controversy

toseland generates more venom on here (good and bad) than rossi.......it appears cos he`s english all us other english persons should support him.........i don`t like biaggi and if i was italian i would not support him.....i like stoner as a rider and spies and rossi......but not lorenzo,toseland or biaggi......so what if people on here put up posts that they don`t like stoner,spies and rossi....i`m not going to go banzai crazy like a lot of twat`s on here have done............some people don`t like toseland and never did no matter what he`s won.....and if we can all only make comments when we have won a wsb championship then we all might as well never post anything.......obviously nobody is allowed an opinion unless they are wsb champ(what a thick comment)

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr900rr

Jun 07

wak 463

is that how many times you`ve whacked off to a poster of jt this week?......it was a brand new tyre dickhead

Reply to this Topic
jim929cc

Sep 10

jim929cc says:

Ive never been a particular fan of JT but I do think he is a great rider on his day- and he can manage to be pleasant at the same time which cant be said of Fogarty.

I desparately hope he wins the WSB champs next year just so cbr simon, zxr gray and all the other wankers here who clearly know fuck all can eat their words.

Reply to this Topic
george shuttleworth

May 04

If you dont like a rider fine thats ok... but why post the same old derogatory comments about them on every topic of there's time and time again?? .. knowing fine well all its going to do is start an argument?If thats not trouble causing what is.... Or maybe it just that simoncbr grayzx7 and the rest of the usual people that pop up bad mouthing on JT posts suffer from some form of JTtourettes.. where even the mention of his name starts them of ticking.... must hard work watching wsb for them and anyone with them .... with them shouting tosser and wanker at the tv every lap he does.... And simoncbr i think you have some issues too... just because someone doesnt agree with you it doesnt mean there gay or wack off to biker posters... maybe its you thats a bit treacle love and your just in denial ??.

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

Foggy Now?

Fogarty was a great rider and away from the racing a nice chap . Surely youre not going to judge someone while theyre under great pressure to perform and try to reach and maintain the level WE as "fans" and spectators set for them?

Reply to this Topic
stuyamman

Feb 10

stuyamman says:

shocking !!!!!!!

shocking to see so many people getting pissed off with other people leaving comments... about Toseland ...... he is a fantastic rider as we all know when he is on top of his game... moto gp sucked it from him. perhaps he was not good enough to be with the elite riders. look at what SPIES has done on the R1 and M1 for the last 2 years. Just look at Bayliss after winning a fantastic race of the last round of the season a couple of years ago... With respect all these riders are payed very large amounts of many to ride peoples machines... quote "!!!!. Toseland ... iam payed to pass people!!!! on the track.. guess people should of layed off james at the time...perhaps it would of been a different james we are seeing now... would of been nice to see james come out and say why his form has gone down. mind you !!!. we will be following james and the rest of the brits all year long... next year!!!.... its hardly getting upset about writing about james . when u think our forces are struggling with lack of stuff they need to do their jobs in afghanistan .. and getting peanuts for it, while others are making shit loads of money out of this war.... Kiveton park stuart

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

WAR UH

Come on Stu we cant go comparing any sport with political events and war can we? This forum for me anyway , is to find out what others think and see if we can as bikers (I think most of us are) get a good conversation going about the sport , lets not invoke politics and suffering or we might as well shut up shop :)

Reply to this Topic
vincent_bell

Apr 03

vincent_bell says:

i think bayliss is the best superbike rider, mainly cos he was the oldest yet still had the fight in him right up & after he retired (rem he went quicker in testing after he quitt than all the others?!) and always seemed hungrier than the others. plus he had a shock one off motogp ride in valencia - and won. hes also a BSB champ, which isnt easy.

I just dont get Toseland, he is quick, but always makes excuses, and most often doesnt do too well despite all the hype he gets. Almost like the david coulthard of bikes

On a diff note im int to see how melandri does in wsb, i think he might upset a few front runners.

Reply to this Topic
v2kiwi

Mar 04

v2kiwi says:

Foggy What.

I would have to admit that the foggy era for ME was the greatest WSB . But i think the rules were in his favour a bit. He could nt  win on the RC45 . (championship) and neither could Slight who I think was one of the greatest. Any way good luck to James i hope he can get back in the winners circle , but if he can,t it wwill always be he has nt got a factory bike. 1 10th off is a life time at the front now and i think there,s 5or 6 guys who can fight at the front . I,d like to see HASLAM there. Either way they all look forward to going to work alot more than i do I,m Sure.

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

I think the truth of the matter

is that Toseland actually didn't do that badly in Motogp. Certainly in the first year on the Michelins he did pretty good and very much deserved to be there. Unfortunately in the second year the bike was on the Bridgestones, which are a great tyre, but different enough to the Michelins to require a rethink by the rider and a different setting of the bike. And we're not talking a few clicks of compression or a different spring weight, but different weight distribution of the the whole bike. I'm sure this information would have filtered down from above, but this did seem to upset JT, as he never seemed to be able to push the front end in the same way that others around him did.

Added to which there were internal wrangles with Colin Edwards chucking his toys out the pram because his mechanic wanted to go work with Toseland.

All this added to an indifferent result, not great, but signs of potential. Ordinarily I would like to think that JT would have been given the chance to have another year on the M1, make or break as it were. Unfortunately that couldn't happen because Bens Pies was on a meteoric rise through the ranks and Yamaha wanted him onboard.

You can't blame Spies for being good, and you can't blame Yamaha for wanting to keep hold of him. But I can't help but think that in another time, under slightly different circumstances things may have been very different. Yeah yeah I know, woulda coulda shoulda. But my point (yes there is one) is that JT does in no way deserve to be called a loser or a tosser or any of these other derogatory names. Especially by his own countrymen! It makes me ashamed to be English to see the way that some people go on.

JT's confidence has clearly taken a knock. But has he given up? no. He's still fighting. And that, if nothing else deserves respect. And judging by some off the comments on this thread I seriously doubt that some of the posters here would have that strength and depth of character.

Give the guy a break, and if you can't do that then atleast stop the silly insults

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices