Skip to content

Discuss This Toseland gets first taste of BMW World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > Toseland gets first taste of BMW

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Michael Guy  says:

Toseland gets first taste of BMW

James Toseland has completed his first ever laps onboard the BMW S1000RR at a wet and cold Portimao this morning. The two time WSB champion rode the BMW test team’s bike in preparation for his future with the new BMW Motorrad Italia squad he will ride for in 2011. Despite the poor conditions, Toseland was able to gain an initial impression...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (29 November 2010 17:32)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
glynny

Aug 09

glynny says:

Here here Supermario!

Well said supermario, i think that comment has been needed for a while. Its got to a point now that i dread seeing a Toseland thread appear cos i know the usual muppets/circling vultures are going to descend. The last time i wrote on here was a month ago and that was when i felt i'd got to a point where the 'slagger offers' had gone too far and had just turned the whole thread into some infantile slagging match. i.e. descending to their level of conversation/bitterness. Nice to see some threads like this praising these guys and sparking intelligent debate. Its fair to say there have been a few good replys. Oh and as for the 'chicken strips' and 'it was a brand new tyre' reply, genius. If that ain't a bite, i don't know what is!!! Thanks for that.

No one really gives a toss if you hate this rider or hate that rider, but for the love of f**k, at least have some respect for the job they do. Yes (in some cases) they earn lots of money, but at the end of the day, these boys can throw a bike around silverstone in under 2' 10", they're gods! Its so incomprehensible to me that 90% of the guys here that put these guys down wouldn't get within 10% of their times, 20% even. It is a dangerous sport and people die, we all saw THAT crash this summer, its not like we should begrudge them it surely?

SimonCBR and the others (you know who you are) please feel free not to like riders, thats your right, but if you're a fan of this sport, and i mean a real fan, then doth your cap to there bravery and effort they've shown to get to where they are today, thats the least you should do. And just write with a little forethought, respect and educated passion. That's all this site is asking for. Its meant to be a site for motorbike racing FANS!!! 

Reply to this Topic
myers525

May 06

myers525 says:

I think a lot of people have gone off Toseland in the last few years, Its just the way that every time he is interviewed, he makes excuses for not performing, he will say something like "I might have been Tenth but my lap times mid race were the same as the leaders". I dont think he will do much for the rest of his career. Fank Yu Please.

Reply to this Topic
sadsack

Nov 10

sadsack says:

toseland

first thing all these people that have hate for james bet you could not do any better than him in any race on any bike. i dont understand why you slag only him off is it because he is not winning championships anymore.well what about haslam then he had title to lose and thats what he done. gave up and gave title away.james beat byrne who didnt even get on podium but no one is slaggin him down.what about camier he pissed it all last year he was on the fasted bike out there 204mph a bike that proved to be title winning bike.he only finished 12 but yet no slaggin off. the truth is these guys all do a really hard job and one that we can only dream of doing.its hard to be up on top in there game all of the time.i wish for one day we could ride these bikes to see how hard they are to ride and see if we could get anywhere near their lap times.if u ride and ride fast you already know how hard it is,just give him a bit of respect thats all.:tongue::smile

Reply to this Topic
vincent_bell

Apr 03

vincent_bell says:

Unfortenatley most club racers i know think he's a t0sser, thats a fact, and an unbiased opinion shared by many who also race bikes.

Reply to this Topic
sadsack

Nov 10

sadsack says:

common factor

dont forget edwards has more experience on the 800`s as for crutchlow maybe he just wanted it more and wanted to make good impression for all that was watching.it certainly worked.id just  hope they both do well next year.:tongue::smile

Reply to this Topic
gasguzzler

Sep 09

gasguzzler says:

supermario

Cock on the money mr mario. While we must uphold the right to freedom of speech and opinion ,.theres a very nieve ,simplistic viewpoint , exspressed by some on here , which doesnt fit with the skill level , determination and allround talent you must have if youre going to win two world superbike titles. . ....  If you want to slag someone for being undercomitted and overpaid i surgest you try some other sporting site.. ...    This is a gladiators sport which requires total proffesionalism and a massive  set of cahoonas....  It kills and maims at random  ...... all on the line ...... all the time  ..... go and disrespect a footballer or a golfer if you want to bitch ..... But a two time wsb champ ....in the greatest sport on earth..!!.....come back when youre pubic hairs  a little thicker .............   

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr900rr

Jun 07

don`t do it vincent

.........don`t say those things vincent,you will be shot down in flames and made to eat toselands old rear tyres(which don`t have the grip of the rest of the fields as he`s given inferior tyres as well you know)......don`t dare to say a wrong word against him........for he is 2 time wsb championship....and plays the piano in a 25th rate band.......for he has his picture taken with hundreds of muppets that think it`s cool to get his autograph and pic taken with them...and jt is very nice to all of them especially the ones that buy his 1980`s shellsuit awful tasteless 52 jackets.......NO VINCENT TAKE IT BACK WHILE YOU STILL CAN and tell the world how much a great guy he is

Reply to this Topic
Parkway70

Jun 09

Parkway70 says:

Here we go again...

Another feature on Toseland and the half-wits like SimonCBR and Stig get back on their soap boxes,,,Actually Stig, do you have a life Mate or do you just spend every night on your computer...!?going back to Toseland,there`s no denying that the last two seasons have been very tough..he`s obviously having a confidence issue..but hey,that's what bike racing can do!...You would think by some of these posts that they were coming from some kind of racing high-achievers themselves or talking from experience...in the real world they`ve never raced a bike in their life(at least not to a championship level)...just remember Stig,you don`t become twice world champion(youngest everWSBK) beating the likes of Haga,Biaggi,Bayliss,Corser,etc by just being lucky...Good luck James.I hope you find that extra fraction of a second of speed for next season,then you`re be right in the mix again!

Reply to this Topic
meatbomb

Sep 10

meatbomb says:

Humility

Every rider in any series deserves respect.  This isn't tennis or cricket or golf, it's dangerous, very.

All the riders on this forum who have raced recognise this, those that slag off are showing that they have never raced.

Good Luck JT I hope you have a good year and entertain us armchair commentators

Reply to this Topic
gasguzzler

Sep 09

gasguzzler says:

Sounds like good advice to me Simoncbr900rr ....  No problem at all with people not liking a persons character , however little they may actually know the guy personally ..Jts only human and like all of us , some people are going to like you ,some people arnt ...   but unless youre going to stun the world with a virtuoso rendition of handls moonlite sinata in d minor and  qualify top 10 for next seasons opening race ,  then id refrain from disrespecting the mans achievements if i were you ...... ps the morons in the shell suits are called FANS ...theyre  there to acknowledge the contribution  Jt has made to there beloved sport .... obviously realising something some on here dont .... So like him or not .. this kids about as far away from being a tosser as you can get .... As anybody with any real inclination of this sport will already know .....

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices