Skip to content

Discuss This Loris Capirossi expects Suzuki development to suffer in 2011 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Loris Capirossi expects Suzuki development to suffer in 2011

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Loris Capirossi expects Suzuki development to suffer in 2011

Loris Capirossi reckons Suzuki will slip even further behind successful rivals Honda, Yamaha and Ducati by cutting its involvement in MotoGP next season to just one bike. The Japanese factory will reduce its entry to just one factory GSV-R bike in 2011 despite coming intense pressure from Dorna and the Motorcycle Sport Manufacturers Association to maintain its two-rider participation. Capirossi said the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (30 November 2010 15:37)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Shepshep

Aug 09

Shepshep says:

1000 cc era

Maybe they will be using test riders to develope a new 1000cc bike back in Japan, so they will be back up to speed when the new 1000 cc era begins. Makes sense. Their 800cc bike never was any good and it is too late to redevelope it now.

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

you mean that shed had some development already???

thought it had an old gsxr 1100 engine in it just sleeved down.

Reply to this Topic
leemuz

Jul 08

leemuz says:

shame....

Suzuki's are my favourite bikes and i feel it's a real shame they've struggled in motogp.

They may well do better as a thousand cc i hope they do.

Not wanting to offer haslam full factory support cost them a good rider in wsb too.

Come on suzuki pull yourselves together and give us a decent motogp bike.

Reply to this Topic
leemuz

Jul 08

leemuz says:

Well actually...

im not sure he won a gp, he won a wsb race but not a gp..??

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

Vermuelen

French GP 2007

Reply to this Topic
leemuz

Jul 08

leemuz says:

oh yeah...

when it lagged it down, i don't remember them treating him particularly crappy, they just were'nt developing the bike so he moved.

honda are notorious for been hard on riders though,

Reply to this Topic
grayzx7r

Aug 02

grayzx7r says:

Last man home ?????

Someone has to be last , its just that we will know who is before the race even starts.

All in all a complet shambles of a team

Reply to this Topic
Minty Fresh

Mar 08

Minty Fresh says:

No Brainer!!

Of course the Suzuki development will suffer with only one bike out there and a guy riding it that has only been in the big class for one season... I could have told everybody that!

Saying that, Alvaro made it look better than what Caparossi did... I like the fact that Caparossi said;  

"Alvaro will have one year of experience but he’s always checking my data and always trying to set the bike like me but next year he is alone and it won’t be easy.”

Shame Loris couldnt ride his bike on his own set up aswell as Alvaro did.... !

Reply to this Topic
vincent_bell

Apr 03

vincent_bell says:

suzuki really need to sort their kit out in this league, or quitt to save face.

how can they be consistantly so much slower than the other 3 manufacturers and not seem to do anything about it??

its a shame, we need more manufactures in motogp not less, and more riders.

Also, WSB lap times are closing in, i seem to rem cal crutchlows silverstone laptime about 0.7s off lorenzos best...

Reply to this Topic
texas_rp

Nov 04

texas_rp says:

Second time around

Funny, he didn't get on with the Ducati 800 in 2007.  Why does he think he will now?  To me this is like bringing Elias back when new riders could be brought in.  Especially as they have to start on a satelite bike.  There will be only two rookies in 2011.  Very poor.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices