Skip to content

Discuss This New Aprilia Tuono V4R reaction New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > New Aprilia Tuono V4R reaction

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

New Aprilia Tuono V4R reaction

Aprilia’s new Tuono V4R was eagerly anticipated by existing Tuono RSV1000 owners who have been waiting two years for the new V4 - many of them saw it for the first time at Carole Nash Motorcycle Live this week. Find an Aprilia Tuono 1000 for sale The new Tuono takes the chassis and 1000cc V4 engine from the World Superbike title-winning RSV4...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (30 November 2010 15:52)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
X2Glider

May 10

X2Glider says:

Horrible

Looks like they took a hacksaw to the fairings (top and sides) and just cut away at it until it looked naked enough.  The intakes look horrible.  The whole thing is a half-assed afterthought just so they could claim they have a new model available.  They could have made a much better effort at it.

Plus, even the Japanese know that their models will be naked at some point down the line.  So, they try to reduce the visible plumbing for the drivetrain or make much of it internal so a naked version will be more aesthetically pleasing.  Like I said, an absolute crap attempt.  It does a great injustice to the fantastic RSV4.

Reply to this Topic
Mitchyman

Oct 10

Mitchyman says:

Ergh??

It looks like someone low-sided it riped of the bits that were scratched and put it on sale!!

Not a cool bike at all...

Reply to this Topic
UltimateMax

Aug 10

UltimateMax says:

Good to ride

I wouldnt mind riding this and the new Dorsoduro 1200 back to back.

Im sure their both fun with excellent performance .

Reply to this Topic
wobblyhead

Apr 10

wobblyhead says:

not impressed

yeah, i had an 07 in black. After the RSv4, i expected something a bit more exciting. looks like ill be checking out the new speed triple instead

Reply to this Topic
chriswren

Jul 09

chriswren says:

What a minger

This is one fugly mother............  I'm in the market for a new naked but Aprilia wont be getting my money; with the Streetfighter, Brutale and Duke, who the hell would choose this over one of them?

Reply to this Topic
urbanspaceman

Nov 10

NICE

a really good looking bike!  id like to see some other colours and a seat cowl for it but yeah,  much nicer on the eye than the previous tuono!

Reply to this Topic
STRESSED1

Feb 10

STRESSED1 says:

Tuono or not Tuono,that is the question?

Its not an ugly bike BUT colours do a lot for a machines looks.

Come on Aprilia,get the old paint brush out people aren't  colour blind (well,not all) you know!!!

One thing that intrigues me is WHY CALL IT THE TUONO?

Too me,personally,it reminds me MORE of the Old FALCO model,therefore it should have been named as such!!

Its a pity APRILIA did away with that model as it was never given the chance too shine long enough.

Oh well,never mind.......

Reply to this Topic
CBRemy

Sep 10

CBRemy says:

Nah

Have to say, I don't like it either for what I've seen on the pictures, perhaps in real life it looks better...

Reply to this Topic
express

Feb 03

express says:

GREAT

Most people that knock this bike ,especially the ones that would look towards a Speed Triple or the like instead have obviously never ridden an APRILIA in their lives. I own an APRILIA TUONO V TWIN FACTORY i bought new in 2005 & is undoubtedly  the best bike that i have owned & ridden, i,ve had 2 R1,s & other assorted bikes along the way. I am a member of a very well known Aprilia forum & along with thousands of other Ape owners changed onto the Tuono after owning Jap bikes, like the R1 etc, only to be absolutely blown away by its handling, braking, power & outstanding build quality. Obviously the look of a bike comes into the desision when buying but take heed , looks aren,t everything. Believe me this machine will be an absolute hoot to ride & without any doubt whatsoever will kick a lot of your "normal" sports bikes arses when it comes onto the streets early next spring.If you dont believe my word & you,re in the market for a new bike next year, book a test ride & prepare to be shocked at just how good this bike is/will be......I CANT WAIT FOR A TEST RIDE WHICH IS ALREADY BOOKED BY THE WAY!!!...ROLL ON NEXT SPRING!!.     :-)

Reply to this Topic
slimshany

Jul 09

slimshany says:

new tuono v4r

i hope aprilia are prepared for the demand for this bike! it's going to be the biggest selling bike next year without a doubt...it's got the lot even comfort,(looks are personal i grant you) but come on it's guna be epic.........well done aprilia for having the ball's!!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices