Skip to content

Discuss This Video: 2011 Triumph Speed Triple v KTM SuperDuke v Kawasaki Z1000 First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > Video: 2011 Triumph Speed Triple v KTM SuperDuke v Kawasaki Z1000

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Video: 2011 Triumph Speed Triple v KTM SuperDuke v Kawasaki Z1000

Watch the revamped 2011 Triumph Speed Triple take on its closest rivals - the Kawasaki Z1000 and KTM SuperDuke - in the super naked class.        Find a Triumph Speed Triple for sale Will more power, less weight and a new look be enough to keep it at the top? brightcove.createExperiences();

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (01 December 2010 09:28)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
KimLondon

Jan 08

KimLondon says:

Nice little vid

Well done.

Reply to this Topic
speedo007

May 09

speedo007 says:

I already hear people screaming "Of course the british bike won, what a surprise!"lol

If I was rich, I'd have one of each, I think they are all awesome bikes. :)

Reply to this Topic
bikerbit

Mar 09

bikerbit says:

z1000

Must be a hell of an old vid where the hells the snow in it But my major gripe with triumph is that they are crap dureing our winter months they rust like hell you would think that a country like this they would understand how to at least make a bike stand up to winter at leas tas good as teh jap bikes and for that reason would probley take the z1000 and not overly sold on the new front end on the triumph but will see what like they both are in person a tteh edinburgh bike show next year woohoo cant wait lol

Reply to this Topic
bobscadd

Nov 05

bobscadd says:

speed triple

cant wait to get me hans on the triumph

Reply to this Topic
Grendel1

Nov 10

Grendel1 says:

DEFO Z1000

Got to go with the Z100, Exhaust pipe aside, the Z1000's styling looks a generation in front of the NEW? triumph. Similar in price.

Reply to this Topic
merv007

Dec 07

merv007 says:

Triumph or KTM

not sure about comment below - the Z1000 as a modern Japanese bike has no style at all to speak of, it's just a random mixture of different shapes of plastic, though thats not to say its a bad bike. As for build quality, Triumph may not be Honda standard, but certainly no worse than Kawasaki or Suzuki. The Super Duke is prob the most fun i think - having a fantastic, iron fist of an engine with way more instant grunt than the multis can manage

Reply to this Topic
pequode

Jun 10

pequode says:

I am chomping at the bit to get a test ride of the new Speed Triple! At the moment it would be more of a test slide though. Bring on the summer

Reply to this Topic
marty1035

Aug 07

marty1035 says:

Bias?

Delete points on the kawasaki for having too much stuff on it, being OTT. Didn't they look at the Trumpy's headlights? Surely the most ugly things ever. I've always liked the speed triple, always thought of having one. Not any more. A styling disaster.

Reply to this Topic
Z1000MAN

Oct 10

Z1000MAN says:

in the looks department

the z1000 wins hands down

Reply to this Topic
rmbridge

May 06

rmbridge says:

Just goes to show these days bike choice is down to looks as no one really makes a bad bike.  Might be worth looking out for the Ducati Monster 1100 Evo as it should come out at the same price and comes with traction control.

The Speed Triple "marmite" styling is the least talked about subject in the bike press.  Talk about the elephant in the room!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices