You are in... Forums > General > General > fined for snow on car roofs

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

garybfreeman

Nov 06

garybfreeman says:

fined for snow on car roofs

silly question but as anyone heard about the police fineing drivers for haveing snow on their roof while driving, if it comes off it can obscure the view of the car behind, (should'nt be that close anywaywe but as we know) it was in an email sent to me, nothing on the news though.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (02 December 2010 12:58)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
bigbadmad

Oct 04

bigbadmad says:

Pffft

Facebook nonsense

Reply to this Topic
gjkt

Jul 09

gjkt says:

yes

it's happening here in the borders. Police are targeting drivers who fail to clear their cars properly. As they say, 6 cu ft of snow suddenly blanketing your windscreen can hamper your visibility!

Reply to this Topic
flookyk

Oct 10

flookyk says:

It depends

in the US, it is an offence outright (or so I have been led to believe).

In the UK, it depends on the officer pulling you.

It is an offence for you not to clear your windows (all of them) and if the officer thinks the snow on the roof is, or is likely, to cause a danger to other road users or pedestrians by blowing off behind you (or to the side) and hitting them or onto your windscreen, blocking your view, then they will take action by making you clear it off, issuing a penalty notice or notice of prosecution for the courts.

Reply to this Topic
londonangel

Dec 07

londonangel says:

fines

there are rumours saying its 3 points and a £60 fine, thats all it is rumours.....untrue. Some people are saying they saw this on the AA website but I can't find it!!

Reply to this Topic
davemdixon

Jul 09

davemdixon says:

Next thing they will be targeting

is the depth of icing on your Christmas cake.:mad:

Reply to this Topic
stingy1

Oct 10

stingy1 says:

pah!

love seeing snow like a fog in my rear view mirror off roof of my car.

the biggest danger is lorries. pools of water freeze on the roof of them, and comes off in bricks.

not that lorry drivers give a toss anyway, blocking two lane highways /  m42 duelling to overtake and spilling diesel all over the place.

stuck behind 2 duelling lorries 10 mins on m42, only for the fat twit to get past, and the other twat pull out to pass on the uphill section.

tossers:ph43r:

Reply to this Topic
stingy1

Oct 10

stingy1 says:

believe it or not...

council left neighbours wheelie bin because it had few inch snow on lid, and was frozen shut. when she went after the dusties, they said "health and safety concern"

Thank god i dont work for any council depts, i wouldnt.

politically insane tw@ts

Reply to this Topic
IMB76

Oct 10

IMB76 says:

Not in Northants

If they did most people would be screwed:smile

Reply to this Topic
superbol

Aug 02

superbol says:

Wouldnt put nothing past the cops

If it fineable. Oh no dont use common sense and tel the driver who might be desperate to get to work cos they`re not guarenteed their pay like civil servants(eg coppers )No fine em and let the real crooks carry on wrecking lives cos theres no money in nicking them .

Reply to this Topic
dave80h

Oct 08

dave80h says:

NO!!

No you can't be fined for having snow on your roof, there is no offence on any police ticket book which makes that an offence let alone 3 points and £60 as most folk seem to think. Someone somewhere started that and it has spread like wildfire. As usual everyone believes it and start calling cops all the names under the sun, any excuse. :laugh:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices