Skip to content

Discuss This Bid to have killer driver jailed General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Bid to have killer driver jailed

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

Bid to have killer driver jailed

A granddad’s grieving family and friends are demanding a review of the non-custodial sentence handed to the motorist convicted of killing him by dangerous driving. Outraged loved-ones have written to the Crown Prosecution Service asking for 56-year-old Michael Frost’s “unduly lenient” sentence to be referred to the Attorney General and Court of Appeal. Frost had missed a sat nav direction, and...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (02 December 2010 15:36)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
rockabillyboy

Sep 10

I did not know Mr Waters ,but reading the story was quite upsetting as my father was killed in similar circumstances some time ago . I  come from a family of bikers ,but what sort of moron says "your a biker so you take yer chances " . My mother never tried to dissuede any of us from riding ,even though she never got over my father"s death and my grandfather who died in the 60s from motorcycle injuries . All through accidents and  relatives and friends deaths ,I stuck with bikes and the only thing that will stop me is old age . The oldest guy to ride-out with us ,is a retired bike cop ,and i cannot see him having a poor outlook like RFL3 .  Harry is 82 and talks slow and really thinks BEFORE he speaks ,a real sort of wise owl . After nearly 50 years on a bike I thought we are /where a family ,and expect some nasty comments on the net disscussion boards about motorcycle- ists  in general but not on here . Anyway - hope Mr Waters family do get  some justice ,but this country is starting to be anti-biker like many others around the world .

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

MudDoctor

You say that if the collision were between two cars then it is unlikely that there would have been a fatality. Very true. But that isn't what happened here. Mr Waters was killed by someone who was not paying sufficient attention to what they were doing. Had Mr Frost been watching the road instead of playing with his sat nav, then things may have been very different.

Mr Frost should be sentenced to prison. And for a decent length of time. This in itself sends a clear message to others that this behaviour is not acceptable. As it is, the only message the Police and Law courts are sending is that its ok to kill motorcyclists. Afterall if these people ride motorbikes what do they expect. This is a lazy and misguided point of view and must be stamped out NOW

Reply to this Topic
manxhornet

Oct 07

manxhornet says:

First I would like to add my condolences to Danielle and her family. My heart goes out to you. Having read this story in MCN I have to say it make me so bloody angry. Then I made the mistake of looking at the comments on the forum. RFL3 and MudDoctor what utterly distrespectful and down right disgusting so called people you are. Do you actually realise how your posts sounded to everyone else! You ARE blaming this man because in your oppinion he chose to ride a bike! Does that mean then that a child killed whilst walking along a foot path to school deserves it because they chose to walk along a footpath!!!!!  HE DID NOTHING WRONG! The moron playing with his sat nav was 100% to blame and should serve a sentence. Have some bloody respect.

Reply to this Topic
robbridge08

Nov 08

robbridge08 says:

RFL3

I WONDER WHAT WOULD YOU WOULD BE SAYING IF THIS HORRIBLE ACCIDENT HAPPENED TO ONE OF YOUR LOVED ONES? WOULD YOU BE STILL BE COMING OUT WITH ALL THIS TYPICAL EX COPPER BULLSHIT? WOULD YOU BE HAPPY WITH THE SENTENCE?  BLOKES LIKE YOU REALLY FUCK ME OFF! DO ALL THE DECENT LADS A FAVOUR ON HERE AND GET LOST

Reply to this Topic
Kescheng

May 06

Kescheng says:

Madness

I think that this case sums up perfectly the public, police and justice system view of motorcyclists. Firstly, my condolences. RFL3 - seriously; you need to leave this forum and get help for your mental issues. Justice should be applied to all. It should be transparent, available to all parties and it should be evenly applied with a sense of righteousness. In this case we have a clear cut death by dangerous driving. That should mean jail time - period. Yet we have bikers in jail for speeding but no other problem. I'd say this creates a biased system.

Reply to this Topic
M4OON

Dec 10

M4OON says:

Poor Guy - R.I.P. mate, i hope the family & loved ones get some justice in thier attempts with the CPS and at least a sense that the Law works and the life of a 'normal' bloke wasn't in vain   ( & just for the record rlf3 .  .  .  You are well out of order, bad form, BAD FORM ! )

Reply to this Topic
daveire

Sep 10

daveire says:

It was an accident.

Firstly, my condolences. It was a terrible accident for everyone involved. Now I think Mr Frost shouldn't get a prison sentence for a traffic accident. I don't think anyone should get a prison sentence for any traffic offense unless driving under the influence of drink or drugs. The last thing Mr Frost wanted was to hurt someone or be in an accident and he will have to live with that for the rest of his life. Sending him to prison won't help anyone. We all drive badly at times, I speed regularly in my car and on my bike. It was a stupid accident, should never have happened but they do. Until every car and bike is speed limited and controlled by a computer accidents will happen and people will get hurt in them. No one wins by sending Mr frost to prison. No one.

Reply to this Topic
danielle24

Dec 10

danielle24 says:

Evening,

Thankyou to the many of you who are supporting this appeal, it is much appreciated and I hope it draws some much needed attention to the farse that is the justice system in this country.

For the select few of you who feel the need to try and defend Mr Frost, or simply think it is mob mentality, you have no idea.

I want justice for my father, a good man with an exemplary driving and riding record, a man who was respected and loved by so many. Im not interested in stringing someone up for every little thing...BUT....

IF A PERSON BREAKS THE LAW, THEY SHOULD PAY THE CONSEQUENCES.  PERIOD, NO IF'S OR BUT'S. THATS IT. IT'S WHAT THE LAW IS THERE FOR.

I never said Mr Frost had the intention of going out to kill someone, Im sure he didnt. But he appauling driving resulted in my fathers death.

Im sick to death of people like you making excuses for this kind of behaviour, if it was your family or if it was a foreigner, you would be the first ones saying throw him to the lions.

It is very easy for you to pass comment on something that has no direct affect to you isnt it. And for the comment of no-one benefits from Mr Frost going to prison, your right no-one BENEFITS...but justice would be done. This man killed my father, thats it. Not intentionally or deliberatly but his actions and decisions on that day resulted in my dads death.

Clearly many of you have no idea about the in's and out's of the case, but if you want to ask feel free and i will tell you every last detail. Instead your passing judgement from stuff you have read in local papers etc, which equates to about 2% of what there is to know.

You have no idea what it is like to go through this and to have people like you saying it was my dads fault for choosing to ride a bike etc, or frost didnt intend to kill.

We know he didnt but HE DID KILL SOMEONE.

The aftermath since that day have been horrific too, but you wouldnt know about that, so sod off, you know jack!

Reply to this Topic
AdieR

Apr 08

AdieR says:

Firstly

Deepest sympathies to Mr Waters family / friends.

Secondly, I agree Frost should have had a far tougher sentence: Frost may not have gone out to kill, and it won't bring Mr Waters back, but my view is that there is more than enough piss-poor drivers on the road (we've all seen them when we've been out) and just possibly if we made an example of them where appropriate, and with sufficient consistency, just maybe some other brain-dead drivers would sit up and take notice, and hopefully pay more attention to their driving - and just maybe other families won't have to go through what Mr Waters family are going through. Prevention is better than cure.

As a slight aside, and an example, was a case here about 3 years ago: a lad of 19 on a bike was coming down an A-road, and was hit by a car turning right. His leg was broken in 7 (yes, seven) places. The driver who caused the accident received 3 points, and a £60 fine; the same penalty as a speed camera offence. The 19 year old lad can't walk, and he can't work due to his injuries.  That cannot be right.

I've been out every day since the snow started falling, and the biggest problem I'm facing isn't the surface of the road, it's brain-dead car drivers who will insist on carrying out stupid antics; pulling out without looking, tailgating, cutting me up - it doesn't occur to them that I'll be lying in the middle of the road whilst they toddle home to wives / husbands / families if / when I have to react to their stupidity. And yes I'm aware of the risks but that shouldn't be justification or an excuse for some half-wit to get an easy ride when they cause a problem.

For Danielle24: best wishes to you & your family for your loss, and best of luck in your campaign to get the sentence increased. And apologies for the trolls on here (RLF3 etc) spouting crap; this site has more than its fair share of muppets like that I'm afraid.

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

daveire

An accident is something unforeseen and unavoidable. Mr Frosts actions could easily have been avoided had he been paying attention to what he was doing. That is why he was found guilty of causing death by dangerous driving.

A prison sentence won't bring back Mr Waters (RIP) but it will send a clear message to other road users. The message is this, if you pay insufficient attention while operating a motor vehicle, and you end up killing someone, you will go to prison. But if you pay sufficient attention to what you are doing while operating a motor vehicle, then the chances of being involved in a collision are severly reduced. In this way lives can be saved in the future

My sincere condolences to Danielle and all the family and friends of Mr Waters

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices