Skip to content

General HELP needed, in proving DVLA wrong! Does Your Licence have the Title "MR" on it? General

You are in... Forums > General > General > HELP needed, in proving DVLA wrong! Does Your Licence have the Title "MR" on it?

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Chomskyan

Dec 10

Chomskyan says:

HELP needed, in proving DVLA wrong! Does Your Licence have the Title "MR" on it?

Hi,  Does your driving licence show the title "MR" on it?  Mine does, and the DVLA say this is an anomally proving my licence to be fake.  They claim they never issue any licence with "MR" on it.  Only when drivers request it in writing.  I will be gratefull for any help. 

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (02 December 2010 16:40)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
RoadieRoger

Mar 09

RoadieRoger says:

Licence

My recent picture licence hasn`t got a title but I still have a 1974 licence issued on behalf of the Secretary of State for the Environment by Glamorgan County Council which has the choice . Before the name it has    Mr./ Mrs./ Miss Rxxx Bxxx Lxx . It cost a £1 . This is before the DVLA at Swansea was created to cause chaos !

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Chomskyan

Dec 10

Chomskyan says:

@RoadieRoger

Its Because the DVLA have a monoply on issuing licences that the organisation can develop a self righteous concieted belief in its Records.  If Licences were issued locally or in a simililar fashion i.e. prior the formation of the DVLA then this autocratic attitude in dealing with Customers would cease.  They believe they can never be wrong, they ask drivers who challenge their records to substaniate their claims, and when drivers do substantiate, then the drivers are called liars! So why ask to substantiate?  when your records are infalliable.  There is no logic in that.  Maybe DVLA should be devolved of its sole authority in issuing licences. After all concentrated power is always driven by self interest and the desire to appear legitimate, i.e. never be seen to be wrong, even when wrong.

Sorry if that sounds like i'm waffling on.

Reply to this Topic
AdieR

Apr 08

AdieR says:

No "mr on my licence I'm afraid

It may be something requested by females as to their marital status (Miss / Ms / Mrs) or by people who have other titles (eg Dr, Rev etc).

How long ago was your licence issued?

Reply to this Topic
halftank

Feb 10

halftank says:

No Mr on mine either,

Renewed 2 yrs ago, just surname etc.

Reply to this Topic
bikerbit

Mar 09

bikerbit says:

nope

never had a licence with MR on it how old is your licence? 

Reply to this Topic
BadD0g

Aug 08

BadD0g says:

MR

MR as in Mr. <my name>?

Yea, I have that on my plastic photo card bit, section 2 which is "other names".  

I didn't request it, and it's been renewed, and was on my old one aswell.

I live in Northern Ireland, don't know if that makes a difference.

Just checked with two other guys in the office and theirs have MR on it too.

Hope this helps!

Reply to this Topic
Meaty79

Nov 09

Meaty79 says:

No Mr on mine

sorry never had it on there either

Reply to this Topic
Chomskyan

Dec 10

Chomskyan says:

@BadDOg

Hi, is ur NI licences issued by the DVLA?  or is their a seperate government agency there?  Do all licences issued in NI to males have "MR" on it?  Best thing is email your agency, if its the DVLA, then email them and simply ask "Is it standard procedure to put "MR" on licences issued to males?". 
Thanks for your responses people.

My original provisionl was in 1995, i had a different title on that, i entered it in "Other", i passed in 96, but by then i had droped my "Other" title and was just standard "MR". Dont know if it showed "MR" on that, as i lost in 99.  My 1999 paper style licence has "MR" on it.

Reply to this Topic
FMOK

Mar 09

FMOK says:

Title

Mine has Mrs on it, I have a plastic one which is 3 years old, I don't remember requesting this, it is just there!

Reply to this Topic
anyonebutmurray

Jan 10

Licence

My "Red book" licences issued up to 1976 have the title "Mr". The paper licence, first issued in 1976 as a replacement, simply has my christian names and surname, ie no "Mr".

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices