Skip to content

Discuss This Casey Stoner backs four-rider Honda assault MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Casey Stoner backs four-rider Honda assault

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Casey Stoner backs four-rider Honda assault

Casey Stoner has dismissed concerns that Honda might struggle to give equal support to its quartet of factory riders in 2011. Stoner will ride with Dani Pedrosa and Andrea Dovizioso in the factory HRC squad backed by Repsol next season with all three assured of top factory support by senior Japanese management. San Carlo Gresini Honda rider Marco Simoncelli though is also...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (03 December 2010 11:06)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Minty Fresh

Mar 08

Minty Fresh says:

All equal??

Yeah, until one or two of the riders are in contention for the championship then the others will not get the same support as the front runners...

Reply to this Topic
vincent_bell

Apr 03

vincent_bell says:

hmm i think stoner will be very hard to beat next year. Its also time for lorenzo to really prove his mettle and see if he can do a repeat performance of this year, with everyone else a step closer, and as they say its harder to keep it than win it!

fingers crossed rossi gets the duke sorted out, but i'll be surprised if he's up there, just dont think he's as hungry now but would like to be proved wrong.

Reply to this Topic
Ivebeenthehero

Jun 09

As MintFresh says, they will start roughly equal but the focus will quickly veer to those in contention for the championship - oh yeah so Stoner would be relaxed!

Reply to this Topic
mike27

Aug 02

mike27 says:

what a refreshing attitude!

Anybody spot any differences between Stoner's approach to his situation at Honda and that of Rossi at Yamaha?

Reply to this Topic
mickofield

Sep 09

mickofield says:

It all starts nice, nice

At this time of the year, it's all smiles and kind words. But when the going gets tough and Honda find they have one guy going for the championship (if it isn't Dani) the atmosphere will change. It is shaping up to be an epic season!

Reply to this Topic
winger

Aug 02

winger says:

I spent both days at the test at Valencia,Stoner never broke sweat doing that time he set,were the aggro will come from will be the Pedrosa camp when they reckon Stoner is getting all the trick bits because he's gonna smoke e'm,forget the other two there just making the numbers up.

Hence why Honda pulled the shutters down,they didn't want the world seeing Stoner cockahoop at how easy it was after the Ducati.

Reply to this Topic
tas901q

Jul 10

tas901q says:

Haha I love that idea of Stoner "cockahoop" :) I just had this crazy image of him doing a jig or moonwalking or something and singing "I've got brand new Honda and you have a dodgy Ducati" :) Although seriously I think more factory support in whatever shape can only be a good thing more bikes in contention and running up front the way ot should be, perhaps they have seen how every has taken too Moto 2!

Reply to this Topic
Minty Fresh

Mar 08

Minty Fresh says:

Okay winger

So you were lucky enough to be at the test (not jealous one little bit) but how do you know if Stoner didnt break a sweat? he had his helmet and leathers on..... Seriously though, do you honestly think it was as easy as your making out?? c'mon, be honest! 

Ha ha ha ha  "Hence why Honda pulled the shutters down,they didn't want the world seeing Stoner cockahoop at how easy it was after the Ducati" This isnt a serious statement is it?? ha ha ha - Yeah, i can just imagine the charesmatic Stoner jumping around and going "cockahoop" with excitent at how easy it was to ride.... and then doing so to the point Honda had to shut the garage door to stop his competitors and press seeing such a crazy sight... I mean, we all know what a cheery fellow that Stoner is after all!!! It all makes sense now, thanks Winger.

Your are either a funny guy or a complete loon - either way, your post did make me laugh!!!

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

The shutters down

so as the mask the huge grin on Casey's face comment was in the rag version of MCN a couple of weeks ago. 

Of course Casey isn't worried. He has supreme belief in his own abilities and with that the belief he has the measure of the others (perhaps a small question mark in Casey's mind over Dani). Honda have invested the big euro's in him. He knows he'll get the good stuff and be damned the rest of them.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Ivebeenthehero

Jun 09

Yes agree. of course we already have a situation even from the first test where Stoner says the motor is plenty smooth enough and Pedrosa says it aint.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices