Skip to content

Discuss This Jerry Burgess expects big Honda challenge MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Jerry Burgess expects big Honda challenge

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Jerry Burgess expects big Honda challenge

Jerry Burgess reckons Honda could pose the most serious threat to Valentino Rossi’s hopes of winning the MotoGP crown at the first attempt with Ducati in 2011. The Aussie, who is currently in Bologna to meet Ducati management and build-up the bikes Rossi will use at the next test in Sepang in early February, believes Honda has its strongest line-up in...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (06 December 2010 10:19)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Vee4pilot

Feb 10

Vee4pilot says:

Dani Pedrosa...

will be there to help lead rider Casey Stoner out to win the 2011 title, just like he helped Nickey hayden out in 2006!

Reply to this Topic
Golfnut04

Apr 09

Golfnut04 says:

Teamate Help

Vee4pilot is right, Danni Pedrosa is going to help Casey Stoner, just like Pedrosa helped Nicky Hayden in portugal 2006 :).

Reply to this Topic
CH987

May 09

CH987 says:

Three things go against Lorenzo. If, as we all hope, the racing is a lot closer next year, then Jorge will lose out to Casey and Vale in a fight. Honda always like to win the last one. Last 500, last 250 and will be far more motivated this year.  And King Jorge had it easy last year with his main rivals either injured or falling off. The Honda and Ducati are far closer than some people seem to think. It's not been Yamaha dominating over the last few years, it's been Rossi. For me the question next year is can Ducati give Rossi a bike that can win the championship.

Stoner

Rossi

Lorenzo

Pedrosa

Spies

Reply to this Topic
CH987

May 09

CH987 says:

Interesting comment from Wayne Gardner

“While a lot of people expected Rossi to be fast straight away I'm not really surprised that he wasn't. I've ridden Ducati MotoGP machines in the past and know that they're very strange bikes. They take time to get used to and require a completely different technique to ride fast.

“Would Rossi have been surprised how the bike felt when he finally threw his leg over? Possibly, although we probably won't know his true thoughts for quite some time. Regardless, I think there's a good chance Vale now has an even higher regard for Casey [Stoner's] ability.

Reply to this Topic
Vee4pilot

Feb 10

Vee4pilot says:

Stonerrule

I've been following the "Big Class" since the early 80's, read my comment again and you'll see the humor in my words.  If anyone followed the 2006 season, everyone knew that Hayden had Puig, Pedrosa and Honda against him.  Anyhow I hope Stoner to be the main man at Honda now, hopefully 2011 won't be a boring one man show.

Reply to this Topic
noshow

Oct 10

noshow says:

Seems there will be a battle for the two 1000cc repsol bikes at Honda in 2011 .Id bet that Casey has one unless he performs very badly next year and unless Pedrosa wins next year he will be offered a Gresini ride and Marco will be given a set of Repsol leathers. The warning that Pedrosa gave to Stoner about the smoothness of the 800 engine must put a doubt in hondas mind if he can handle a 1000cc as he struggled on a 990 due to his stature . But will Stoner have the confidence he needs to ride fast on the Honda ? I think there is no sure bet for 2011

Reply to this Topic
noshow

Oct 10

noshow says:

stonerule love your work

Stonerule end the bets on here what is your native tongue?

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

Knalpot

Dutch I'd say , with the Double Dialect

Reply to this Topic
Minty Fresh

Mar 08

Minty Fresh says:

Hmmmmm - I would say...

Mars going by the majority of his posts!

Seriously, I reckon he is indian! "Would you like to upgrade your iPhoningzzz to the new iPhoningzzzz" and all that!

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

Whoa there

I had a honest guess at youre lingo, didn't mean any offence by it Stonerrule , I apologise if you took it to be offensive

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices