Skip to content

Discuss This Jerry Burgess expects big Honda challenge MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Jerry Burgess expects big Honda challenge

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Jerry Burgess expects big Honda challenge

Jerry Burgess reckons Honda could pose the most serious threat to Valentino Rossi’s hopes of winning the MotoGP crown at the first attempt with Ducati in 2011. The Aussie, who is currently in Bologna to meet Ducati management and build-up the bikes Rossi will use at the next test in Sepang in early February, believes Honda has its strongest line-up in...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (06 December 2010 10:19)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Stonerrule

Given his fetishes for Donkeys, Asses, Goats and the Village People I would suggest he has a Klingon on the starboard side. As Bones would say 'it's life Jim, but not as we know it'.

Reply to this Topic
whemy

Oct 10

whemy says:

nostrodamus

yes he does have a klingon he,s called uccio..:lol:

Reply to this Topic
perenialnovice

Nov 05

All about advantage

vale has identified that to beat Jorge he needs an advantage. Burnt his bridges at Big H. So as the Duc is nearly there, it's a fair bet he thinks he can bring it up to level that will give him an advantage. There is nothing wrong with that, after all he did it at Honda and Yamaha. Differance is Yamaha realized they need to keep Jorge off the oppositions bike. Like Honda did with Biaggi after he won a couple of races on the Yamaha M1. And with the wall that left Jorge to get on with his own thing. And looked what happened. That is what the wall has done.

But Stoner on a competitive bike. me thinks he will clear off. Sorry, but unless Vale does turn around the chassis on that Duc. It will be a Stoner rout.

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr900rr

Jun 07

stoner

..........will blitz them like 2007 next year

Reply to this Topic
noshow

Oct 10

noshow says:

stonerule

you tell it how it is and cop alot of shit about it mate you have my respect sorry if i embarresed you

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

find it strange that......

Given how Lorenzo waltzed to the title with easy last year 9wins finished every race never struggled and looked the real deal. this coming season he's still in the same team, still on the most balanced package of all the bikes on the evidence from the end of the season. So why does not one rate him for next year? He's a moody sulky soul  which makes it hard to warm to him, but if you look beyond that he's calm polished and very consistent.

Stoner's move to Honda does add spice and undoubtedly he will win more races. But does he have the consistency to do it every round? to me thats his weakness. Yes i know he won the title in 2007 but i still believe the Ducati's top line speed that year had alot to do with that. pedrosa similar fast but not consistent

Rossi has to turn the ducati around and get used to it himself ,so has alot the most to do.

Lorenzo is the favorite in my book for those simple reasons

Reply to this Topic
Vee4pilot

Feb 10

Vee4pilot says:

Nobody likes the Possum...

with beady eyes....like jorge himself admits, he may have to win a few more titles to win over the public like Rossi has.  I Do rate him highly, as I do Rossi and Stoner....Pedrosa not so much, as he will win races, but will never be a serious title contender.  Rossi has done a 180 on everyone he has seen as a serious threat but Pedrosa.  Stoner will be the new number 1 there.....hey I'm on a "Honda"...."It's smooth like glass"....Pedrosa should've just ate his words about the Honda being too abrupt, it shows just how good his skills were on what was probably the best package in 2010.  

If everyone was healthy and on their best day in 2010 Dani Pedrosa would've placed 4th, now you got Ben Spies on the factory Yamaha, it could very well be 5th place for little Spaniard.

Reply to this Topic
Vee4pilot

Feb 10

Vee4pilot says:

Best Package....

towards the last half of the season.  Thats right the Honda is now the better bike and Stoner is going to show it how to really ride it.  The only thing Stoner has to worry about are those faulty Honda throttle position sensors!

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

dont jump the gun!

Just because Stoner was fastest in the first test does not mean he will beat Pedrosa throughout the season.Remember Dani knows the bike much better and if he can have an injury free season some people might just be in for a shock!

Reply to this Topic
mrblistershifter

Jan 10

stonnerule

If there are two things I cant stand, its the Dutch and people who are intolerant of other cultures......

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices