Skip to content

Discuss This Aprilia Dorsoduro 1200 gets traction control & ABS - 'fun and safe' First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > Aprilia Dorsoduro 1200 gets traction control & ABS - 'fun and safe'

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Michael Neeves  says:

Aprilia Dorsoduro 1200 gets traction control & ABS - 'fun and safe'

Traction control and ABS makes Aprilia's new Dorsoduro 1200 the most sensible and safe of the big supermotos – bikes that are traditionally utterly mental. Read the Aprilia Dorsoduro review MCN sneaked a ride on Aprilia’s new Dorsoduro in October but, though finished, the bike didn't have the UK-spec three-stage traction control (ATC) system or ABS that’ll be standard on UK...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (07 December 2010 12:21)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
steady2wheels

Sep 08

I dont see the good points in it being a sensible safe option, a big supermotard is supposed to be enternaining, if people wanted an all-rounder they would buy a fazer. I think aprilia have shot themselves in the foot, if they had just copied either the ducati ot ktm then people would buy them just for the ease of mind over the other two when it comes to reliability.

Reply to this Topic
mb4807

May 10

mb4807 says:

If Aprilia fitted some wind-protection and storage (and a larger fuel tank), I'd quite possibly buy one! - I like the SMT, Multistrada and Kawasaki Versys take on life and would welcome an Aprilia version of that genre.

Reply to this Topic
morristhemog

Aug 09

morristhemog says:

unreliable?

Ducati and KTM more reliable than Aprilia??  Fazer? Yeah, alright mate.

Aprilia have built a reputation as a builder of extremely reliable bikes over the last 15 years or so which saw them labelled 'the Italian Honda' in the press!  And I know what you'll say next, spare parts right?  A problem that has been improving since Piaggio bought them out in 2004 and has improved every year since, ask your dealer!

If youve seen the video Aprilia released for the launch of the Dorsoduro 1200, I'm sure you'll agree it looks like bags of fun.  More than capable of lunacy should the mood arise!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices