Skip to content

Discuss This Laverty: “I could have been even faster” World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > Laverty: “I could have been even faster”

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Michael Guy  says:

Laverty: “I could have been even faster”

In last weeks WSB test at Phillip Island Eugene Laverty topped the time sheets beating Max Biaggi, Leon Camier and Marco Melandri in the process. His performance and progress since jumping on the factory Yamaha R1 has been impressive, but as the 23 year old Irishman revealed to MCN his best lap in Australia could have been even better. Speaking to MCN...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (08 December 2010 10:11)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
vincent_bell

Apr 03

vincent_bell says:

one to watch out for!

not the type of rider to let a confidence knock slow him down, like so many do. it will be interesting to see how he fares up next year, and i bet he'll be a front runner, and as far as hard overtakers goes, Fabrizio better watch out :-/

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

Eugene

First test session Melandri was half a second or so faster on the lap than Laverty . I thought this was a portent of next season . I ought to have known better really ,Eugene always tells ,how he thinks about the job in hand , be that tyres or settings or the race .I still think Biaggi will take some beating (I also think he should take a beating ),the Aprilia is a fine MotoGP bike . I'm not forgetting Jonathan Rea , I just don't think the Honda will be up to the task next season , its an old bike really . We'll see about that in February at Phillip Island , assuming the calendar is fixed , hoping the races arent ;) . So I'll get my hopes of Eugene Laverty gracing the top step, up now before the dust settles .

Reply to this Topic
Ivebeenthehero

Jun 09

Thats my view as well Richard1967. Its not just the bike, which someone got upset when I described as a homulagated GP bike, its the level of investment, the GP people around it and of course Max himself. The rider is always key in bike racing. Which is why the Fireblade is still vaguely competetive in Rea's hands. Xaus will struggle, thats my prediction, despite being fastest in wet testing.

Reply to this Topic
CH987

May 09

CH987 says:

Richard1967

'the Aprilia is a fine MotoGP bike' Biaggi was beaten in 16 races last year by Suzuki,Honda and Ducatis. At Brno this year, Biaggis favorite and most successful track his best lap was 1. 59. 763. Best Motogp was Pedrosa with 1. 57. 524. Best Motogp race lap is Lorenzo in 2009 with 1. 56. 670. Rea beat him in race 1.  I would say Aprilia have a way to go yet.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
CH987

May 09

CH987 says:

Ivebeenthehero

It was probably me that got upset but my point is the Aprilia is a road bike, and therefore a superbike. If Aprilia want to raise the bar that's up to them. It's up to the other teams/manufacturers to catch them. The BMW was also originally a Motogp bike. If Haslam starts winning next year will it also be a 'homulagated GP bike'? The Aprilia is not that much better than the rest. Love him or hate him, the difference this year was Max.

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

Laverty

Good luck to him.He is top bloke and top racer.
Well said CH987,,,nice to know someone understands the about the bikes and the situation.

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

So what was

Wrong with that Yamaha last year,well one of them anyway ? Chortle!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices