Skip to content

Discuss This Video: Used 600s challenge - track time First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > Video: Used 600s challenge - track time

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Video: Used 600s challenge - track time

MCN's three £1500 600s head to Donington Park to take on a ZX-6R. Will any get near the Kawasaki? Or even get near Donington...     Find a used 600 in MCN bikes for sale Video: Used 600s challenge part 1 Watch the video to find out: brightcove.createExperiences(); Onboard shot using GoPro cameras - visit www.x-tremevideo.com

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (08 December 2010 10:57)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Eldar

Aug 02

Eldar says:

old v new

A good feature , well done I had a mint 95 cbr I got for £1400 and did track days at oulton park ,loved it ,ive not bought a new bike in the last ten years , why bother when you can get some really good used stuff for little money , and enjoy the satisfaction of tydying them up a bit yourself !

Reply to this Topic
nickyb65

Jan 10

nickyb65 says:

Good Video

Just watched the Video at Donnington, nicely put together. Well done MCN!

Reply to this Topic
stu_sp2

Mar 06

stu_sp2 says:

Steelie

Ive got a cbr 6 , of 95 vintage, track bike, its a really good tool, holds its own in the fast group, it gets itself round Oulton in the low 1.50's  so for an old 600 you cant complain, would i be any faster on a new one?? i doubt i would be...

Its going up for sale too!! so if anyones interested give us a shout!!

Full race fairings

Schitsu rev counter and temp gauge

520's chain conversion with Renthal sprockets

Maxton Rear shock with remote Pre-load ( all receipts )

Maxton Fork internals ( all receipts from Maxton )

Metzeler Racetecs

K&N

Cheers Stu.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Rubber rubber rubber

Is always the biggest influence on lap times. I'm sure if that brand spankers ZX6R was on Neeves' rubber it would been lapping over 2 mins too in those conditions.

A nice comparison challenge MCN.

Reply to this Topic
vfrade

Oct 05

vfrade says:

Tyre equality a must

Why not in future comparison tests simply run all  bikes on the same rubber ? We learnt very little from this test as tyre issues spoilt the lap times completely. BSB, WSBK & MotoGP all use control tyres so from now on surely MCN must do the same - then we really learn which bike is best.

Reply to this Topic
alacika

Dec 10

alacika says:

TREVOR!!!

i`d love to know where did you get a 1998 CBR600F-W for £1350.......????? now thats what i call bargain....even check MCN bikes for sale no way.....give me a hint! :))

Reply to this Topic
eatcs01

Aug 02

eatcs01 says:

Tyre choice

It just goes to show, that unless you only ride on hot track days, then anything other than sports/touring tyres are a waste of money.

More grip, and a LONGER tyre life. I used to get 2500 miles from a rear Pirelli Dragon corsa on my Bandit 600.

On my ZZR600, a Pirelli Diablo STRADA lasts 5500 miles. They cost similar money, and I can still wear the pegs away :-)

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices