Skip to content

Discuss This Video: Kawasaki Z1000SX v Yamaha FZ1 Fazer First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > Video: Kawasaki Z1000SX v Yamaha FZ1 Fazer

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Video: Kawasaki Z1000SX v Yamaha FZ1 Fazer

Kawasaki's new Z1000SX proved it will be the sports tourer to beat in 2011 after MCN's world first group test against Yamaha's FZ1 Fazer.     Read the Kawasaki Z1000SX review Read the full test in this week's MCN, on sale Wednesday 8 December 2010. brightcove.createExperiences(); Onboard shot using GoPro cameras - visit www.x-tremevideo.com

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (08 December 2010 10:58)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jcbenbow

Sep 05

jcbenbow says:

The same market sector the Triumph Sprint used to occupy before it got its pipe and slippers, or the Honda VFR 800 before that was turned into a BMW Blackbird.............hope it does well.

Reply to this Topic
chipsdibs

Mar 04

chipsdibs says:

cost of FZ1

I cant believe how much they charge for the FZ1, i brought this model from TAZ in 2006 £5995. Yamaha are going to price themselves out the market. In a recession people are looking for 'value for money'. if Kawasaki comes with 0% interest they will be the bike of 2011.

Reply to this Topic
STRESSED1

Feb 10

STRESSED1 says:

FAZER£10,399 VS Z 1000SX£9,599

Yamaha must have crap 4 brains if they think anyone will buy a 5 year old design(06-11)with a stripped down R1 engine(03-04?) against an up to date model from Kawsaki c/w full fairing/panniers which costs £800 less and so MCN says,DOES A GOOD JOB TOO BOOT!!!:shock:

The YAM may have more power but come on,can you use/need it and more importantly is the extra BHP WORTH the EXTRA cash they want you too splash! £10,399 for a jap bike like this is TOO much.:blink:

I mean the Kawasaki has to be putting out something like 130ps at rear wheel so why quibble about 8-10ps especially as its gonna cost?:unsure:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
bikerbit

Mar 09

bikerbit says:

nice

bring back the old fazer comfortably seat better fuel economy and better tank range. The more I see the quackie the more I like it but have to see it in person for the size and comfort of it. As for the comment who can use that extra horse power I can and have. More important part is the torque and acceleration although the Z has more torque it looses out on alot of horsepower so would like to know both bikes standing miles and 0-60 not for some make belief skill that I don't have but more so for the boosting away from lights and out of corners. But just by the looks of the two the z looks better more comfortable and bit bigger but its not as nice looking as I would have expected and that screen looks god damn horrible and lil flimsy. Bet the guy that had to put the bikes on and off the snow for the shots was crapping him self in case he dropped them

Reply to this Topic
aquarius

Jun 09

aquarius says:

Haven't read or heard a negative yet ...

anywhere or in any country so far about the new Z1000SX at all and it seems like a really good all-round machine. Good quaity vid from Trevor Franklin et al too here. Personally, I really like " do it all " bikes that bridge the gap between license-threatening and chiropractic-visiting pure sports bikes and, at the other end of the spectrum, stuff that looks like the USS Enterprise with all the lights on. If Kawasaki would only bring out a decent colour and give the black wheels a miss too, I would be very hot to trot in precisely this bike ( non-pannier version ) - that all claims to date say is so " useable " and so enjoyable at the same time. It is certainly torquey and fast enough for my fun, needs and ability.

The testers and you Brits deserve medals for getting out and riding in such treacherous wet & icey conditions with all that snow about. Without wishing to upset anyone, i look out the window at full Sun and 29 degrees Celsius. Mind you - it isn't going to last. The entire Eastern seaboard of Oz has been plagued with persistent heavy rain and flooding with more to come as of tomorrow ( Saturday ). Oz is like that - in drought and burning or under several metres of water. Cheers

Reply to this Topic
dkbunny

Nov 10

dkbunny says:

i think yamaha have lost the plot their pricing is way out of touch the kwak is by far the better looking bike and by everyones comments and reviews a better bike all round cant wait to get a test ride on one

Reply to this Topic
blackspot

Sep 10

blackspot says:

z1000 better looking? you`re kidding, right?

Reply to this Topic
Motorsportsfan

Oct 08

@bikerbit

I find your comments rather odd. You want the old Fazer back; a softer heavier poorer handing bike but you claim to care about (and have the expertise to exploit) an additional 8.9% horsepower.

As for 0-60 being relevant to "boosting away from lights", either of these bikes will leave the traffic standing using no more than a quarter throttle. The fractions of a second that will seperate these bikes will be meaningless outside of a race track.

Where do you do your riding? Narnia!

Reply to this Topic
Motorsportsfan

Oct 08

@dkbunny

You're right about Yamaha's prices.

The good news for me is that it has pushed up the value of my three year old Fazer. I've been offered £5500 and I only paid £7000 new... bloody amazing!

Reply to this Topic
butathu

Dec 12

butathu says:

It is very usefully for me.

seo training

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN