Skip to content

Products MCN's Top 5 winter gloves Gloves

You are in... Forums > Products > Gloves > MCN's Top 5 winter gloves

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Marc Abbott  says:

MCN's Top 5 winter gloves

MCN staff put their kit through the sternest tests, day-to-day, to help you decide which biking products to buy. Of all the winter gloves we’ve tested in the last three years only the handful in this article have received the highest rating possible.  Save money on motorcycle gloves in the MCN Shop So if you’re buying these from the MCN...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (09 December 2010 14:28)

Post a message in Gloves

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Carlosoul

Jul 08

Carlosoul says:

Dont believe you

I can tell you that no glove I have ever worn keeps my hands from going numb apart from the Gerbings heated glove but of course that comes off your battery, without a heated glove all the above is rubbish, riding in 5-6 degrees or less at 50mph+ and all I feel is pain after 10 minutes.

Reply to this Topic
simonbadcock

Mar 06

simonbadcock says:

I agree with the "disagree"

I agree with Carlosoul. From 0 to 4C, no glove will be warm enough. Only heated gloves will do. Although I do use the Alpinestars 365, I have heated grips and use thin glove liners. That does the trick.

Reply to this Topic
piggy2

Nov 05

piggy2 says:

cold hands

Hand guards help keep some of the wind blast off, but look abit silly on anything other than trail bikes. heated grips are ace but can still leave the tips of your fingers cold. you could try bar muffs(but then you might look like your grandad!). I`ve tried all sorts of things over the years but nothing beats heated gloves.

Reply to this Topic
BanditSpectre

Aug 10

Winter gloves?

Er are half of these actually winter gloves???

Although you might look a grandad (depending on your bike) muffs, heated grips and glove liners have kept my hand toastie down to about -15 degrees (estimated with wind chill) quite happily. I'd rather look like grandad and have warm hands, and muffs can be taken off relatively easily.

Heated grips are good but on their own wind chill still cuts through, the alternative is as the others have said heated gloves.

And at £89.99 for the held gloves I'd rather spend the money on heated grips. No glove should cost that much, IT'S A GLOVE!!!! And it gets colder than 0 degrees so by your own admission you'd be paying £90 for gloves that don't keep you warm. Why would you???

Reply to this Topic
anyonebutmurray

Jan 10

Pathans....

from Hein Gericke - live long and prosper!

Reply to this Topic
Lightning Boy

Mar 07

All rubbish

I totally agree with Carlosoul. I've been riding for 30 years and the only glove to keep my hands warm are my Gerbings. Heated gloves are the best. Heated grips are OK, but gloves are better. If you ride in the winter, buy some. They literally take 5 minutes to instal and are brilliant.

Reply to this Topic
bmwgs

Mar 10

bmwgs says:

then need to testproper winter gloves

the tester is rubber to find gloves for winter that only go down to 0.c.  as  in winter it be getting down -10 if its bad as my new gloves spada enforcers are not the best even tho the shop said they were winter gloves. i be getting heatted gloves next and the gloves they have listed would work better for early summer.

Reply to this Topic
Lightning Boy

Mar 07

Gerbings rule!

Another heated glove rant from me... but only because I've just got in to work after a 40 mile ride in 2°C - my hands were so hot that my thumb felt like it was getting singed. Its worth noting that this is a definite psychological side effect to having hot hands - if your extremities get cold, you feel colder all over.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices