Skip to content

Discuss This Hopkins to BSB rumours: The facts British Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > British Superbikes > Hopkins to BSB rumours: The facts

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Gary Pinchin  says:

Hopkins to BSB rumours: The facts

Crescent Suzuki have admitted they are courting former MotoGP star John Hopkins to race in BSB next year. Rumours that the American may ride for Crescent Suzuki in BSB next year surfaced on the web yesterday but the facts are that Crescent, Hopkins, a title sponsor and Crescent’s commercial partners have been in discussion for some time but nothing is finalized. The...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (10 December 2010 12:12)

Post a message in British Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Westymr2

Sep 10

Westymr2 says:

hop hop hopper

You don't get into moto gp if your pretty good. Moto gp has the best riders in the world. I think hopper could do well. Guintolli did very well considering! The fact that moto gp riders come to the bsb surely means we have a fuckin awesome championship! :)

Reply to this Topic
jedpb

Jun 08

jedpb says:

@ paulturton21

Please STFU you fool! Many people find it hard to rack up good results in WSB with brain injuries that are sustained by being run over.

Reply to this Topic
mrblistershifter

Jan 10

@1986vfr750

Everyone deserves a chance at a new beginning in life when the you've had some tough times.  No matter what, Hopper IS a world class rider.  But, you must be just as fast on your 1986 vfr ?

Reply to this Topic
1986vfr750

Apr 09

1986vfr750 says:

hey blistershitter

Well arent you just the sensitive feel good type.  A regular frickin santa claus.  Hopkins has had many chances and blown them all.  I lost respect for him when he jumped ship to kawi then proceeded to rip depuniet apart for not being able to set up a bike(hopper rode the kawi with randy's settings when he first tried it and said that depuniet 's settings were crap and no wonder kawi sucked with randy's input).  Seems to me randy's in a different league to hopper neverwas, as in waaaaay better.  I also thought that this was a forum for "armchair" experts so it is understood that we all would be lapped several times by any one of these guys. Dont be a retard...i of course would be 2 min behind on a 130 lap on my trusty vfr steed.  Dont mock the vfr...rocket ron took my bike(same year and model) and put it third at donington in april 86(transatlantic races) after his bike was stolen and he had to ride a bog standard road bike(in the wet).  Hopkins IS NOT a world class rider or he would still be in a world class series.  You r of course entitled to your opinion, but so am I

Reply to this Topic
aquarius

Jun 09

aquarius says:

1986vfr750 ...

A couple of points: 1 ): One can only assume you have been imbibing strong cocktails of Maple Syrup and something else to morph into someone so unpleasant to poor mrblistershifter for daring to have the temerity of a supportive opinion on Master John Hopkins. You know, I wouldn't be suprised in the least if the Hopper lies awake at night, sobbing into his pillow and having to have soothing " there, there..." pats on the head from his Mrs because some tea leaf in Canada that he has never met or talked to " lost respect for him ". Oh, you utter, utter bastard 1986 etc etc ...

OK, I'll play your silly game but only because it won't stop bloody raining here and I'm very bored - so, 2 ): why was the 2007 MotoGP season " tainted " - according to the great and powerful thought emanations coming from the anal sphincter of 1986 etc etc ??? Was it, A) : that John Hopkins ( the subject of this story thread ) finished 4th in the Title chase that year on the RGV Suzuki ? Or, B): that Dani Pedrosa finished 2nd? Or, C) that the one who's name dare not be spoken ( OK, it was Valentino Rossi ) could only manage 3rd - a distant 126 point in arrears? Or was it, D): that the guy you just love to hold a mindless grudge and hatred against, the unbelievably talented young Australian, Casey Stoner, won the World Championship? Of course, he was aided & abetted in this endeavour by fellow-Aussie, Jeremy Burgess sneakily putting a fiendish mixture of Araldite and the stuff used to glue the Space Shuttle's tiles on with onto Vale's chain at every race, right? Comprehensive answers on the back of a pinhead, please.

Hey, what happened to your loyalty to the British Commonwealth of Nations which includes Canada, NZ and Oz. You obviously really, really need someone like Mike Duff ( later Michelle Duff - Google him/her guys - amazing ) ) to come along and make a name for themselves in GP and for Canada so you can stop worshipping foreign idols and get your head straight. I was going to say Steve Baker too but then I remembered he was actually a Septic and only learned his road-racing in Canada. Gary Goodfellow did really well in WSBK too in the early days - but then I remembered he was actually a Kiwi and only lived in Canada. Jeez, 1986 etc etc - you need to pluck some fab young athletes out of the Calgary Stampede and get them off the back of animals and onto a bike. Cheers

Reply to this Topic
1986vfr750

Apr 09

1986vfr750 says:

aquarius

Really?  I can only assume that i made you look like a fool when i predicted rossi would go to ducati and you spouted some drivel about bandwagons etc, when i was one of the first to "dare" suggest it.  There there little one...07 was tainted because yamaha didn't produce a fast enough bike AND bridgestone was so far superior to michelin that it was obvious even to a "tea leaf" such as myself.  I can also only assume that as you live in upside down world, your head is really your ass...now your posts make more sense.  Finally get over your high school crush on stoner...i dont hate him, but you will use any excuse to defend him (ala rossi fan) and talk about him even if he is not mentioned in the subject of the post.  Do you try to fit his name into every other sentence? Gee garwsh im a dingo iwonder what stoner would do/say/think.  Oh wait i think someone in the world doesnt love him as much as me so ill just hop on my trusty kangaroo and spout some more nonsense about how the world is bitter that stoner is alive.  I like stoner you moron, i like rossi better thats all, and if you actually read what is on the page instead of what you want to see there, you would realize that. I think blistershifter is capable of defending himself and doesnt need you to come charging in like a horny kuala bear to defend his honour. mmmmmhmmmm

Reply to this Topic
clarkson2197fsworldcouk

Feb 04

Would be Good

But cresant have no Factory support and even jack cant turn a nail into a winner

He would be fast but soon loose the will to race as he would be off the rostrum most weekends

Although it would spice up BSB but HOW much will he want to race?

Its a  travesty that after years of proving himself as a great team manager jack cant get the full factory support he deserves.

Reply to this Topic
winger

Aug 02

winger says:

Crescent and and Suzuki and have been on a collison path ever since they opened a Yamaha dealership,never mind who rides the bike.

Reply to this Topic
Mort77

Mar 09

Mort77 says:

1986vfr750 and Aquarius

First off 1986vfr750 - I agree with most of what you said in your original post. I don't agree that 2007 was a tainted year. Ducati built a bike that was monstrously fast in a straight line and a pure monster in the bends. Stoner managed to tame it enough to win whilst Capirossi didn't. The other's all built bikes that were nimble but too slow on the straights. Two different philosophies on racing, each with it's merits but as always there was only one winner. Aquarius, normally I find your posts informative and interesting but the silo you launched at 1986vfr750 has me wondering if you haven't been drinking something rather stronger than a fine cup of Earl Grey? I too am of the opinion that Hopkins has had his chances but am prepared to grant him a final throw of the dice as it were. My reason for this is that he was a young American in a paddock of Europeans and that must have been a massive culture shock for him. Who knows how much that alone affected his perceived attitude. During his brief time with the Stiggy Honda team in WSB I didn't read reports of any bad boy behaviour and so must assume that he has matured since he left motogp. Thus whilst I feel he deserves a 3rd chance to prove himself I feel that he won't have the impact in BSB that he or many would like to see. I can't speak for 1986vfr750 and nor would I wish to but I think that what I have said is close to what he meant in his post. Peace to you all

Reply to this Topic
1986vfr750

Apr 09

1986vfr750 says:

mort77

Cheers mate. At the time(07) casey's stunning season seemed to be a one off (especially as the next year when rossi had a good bike and tires he won) but in hind sight stoner deserves to have his title.  He is a genuine speed machine and would be (was...last year) missed if he wasn't in the series.  We all have our favorites, but all of the aliens are awesome and as a fan i am enjoying this new golden age.  What really got under my cap about hopkins was an interview during the winter/spring of 08.  In 07 hopper started palling around with stoner(racing rc cars in the paddock in one clip).  As we all know casey had a great fall and winter 06/07.  He gelled with his new bike, got married and was ready to win.  The quote that irked me was hopkins to a reporter saying " ive got my trainer, ive got my new wife, and my new team. im ready to win" as if that was all he had to do.  He was trying to copy casey without the talent.  AND he mentioned his trainer before his wife  which i feel is ignorant and disrespectful to her. The other thing that made me think he is a tool is that he missed practice(or qualifying?) at misano as he went out and got smashed and couldn't ride.  Most people would give their left nut to race motorcycles and here he is skipping sessions as if he didnt need the practice.  I have also usually found aquarius's posts interesting and informative, unless god forbid i should happen to disagree with him.  Then he gets sooooo mad and calls you a rossi loving-stoner hating whiner.  This seems to be his go-to response to any challenge to his a-thor-i-tie.  Peace to you brother and cheers all

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices