Skip to content

Discuss This Hopkins to BSB rumours: The facts British Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > British Superbikes > Hopkins to BSB rumours: The facts

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Gary Pinchin  says:

Hopkins to BSB rumours: The facts

Crescent Suzuki have admitted they are courting former MotoGP star John Hopkins to race in BSB next year. Rumours that the American may ride for Crescent Suzuki in BSB next year surfaced on the web yesterday but the facts are that Crescent, Hopkins, a title sponsor and Crescent’s commercial partners have been in discussion for some time but nothing is finalized. The...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (10 December 2010 12:12)

Post a message in British Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
aquarius

Jun 09

aquarius says:

A kiss on both cheeks ...

for Mort77. Thank you for stating the bleeding obvious. The Zombies are tedious and dyslexic thinkers beyond belief, aren't they? My understanding is that Stoner did attend one Day of Champions and contributed prizes etc to the raffle but got such a rough reception and time of it from boorish morons - that he declined to attend again. Is anyone surprised that he decided not to expose himself and Adriana to such crude abuse again for your " entertainment ", leemuz? I have also read accounts from other Brits that he was " freely available, kind, pleasant and gentlemanly and signed autographs etc for anyone that asked him and the Mrs ". Did you miss these, leemuz? Or is it that you far prefer to have " selective amnesia " and roll around and wallow in your own infantile prejudices? Many Australians sincerely hope that the Poms do Australia and take the Ashes back to Blighty. The feeling is that the arrogant Ponting has been a less than good Captain and deserves a whack around the ears. The reality is, to lose two bowlers of a generation like Warne and McGrath and batsmen like Hayden etc means a Team re-build is neccessary too. It may come as a HUGE surprise to you, leemuz  - Aussies are competitive and combative - also they are generous, caring and thoughtful in the main too. Just like most other peoples of the World. Jeez! Talk about stereotypes. Do you know what the word means, leemuz? And, just for you - my pig ignorant pal, I am also British born and hold a Brit Passport so I figure that makes me eligible to say exactly what I like without fear or favour or being accused of being one thing or another. A " mongrel " in other words. Speaking with my Brit hat on - you and your ilk are a bloody embarrassment to the Country and, as Sir Michael Parkinson said on the passing of Jade Goody,  " represent all that is paltry and wretched about Britain today ". Go and take a good, hard look at yourself and your attitudes in the mirror.

Reply to this Topic
leemuz

Jul 08

leemuz says:

lmao

Ok ok just to say....didnt know you was nz australian or what, i just know your a stoner fan.

I point out things that i see, i see toseland, jorge, bautista, hayden, even mamola, giving out autographs and chatting with the crowd who bothered to spend money going to a worthy cause and a chance to meet the people we live in ore of every race weekend.

I even hoped casey would come on stage and make me think...wow i was wrong, what a good guy he is, but no...just a no show.

I arent gonna croak on about him any more, i just look forward to next season and hope there is some great racing, stoner and all.

i don't just post something to try and get an argument going, i just think all riders should do there bit for the fans, there was numerous peeps in the crowd with stoner tops on who i reckon would have loved to have seen him on stage, no lose to me i carnt stand the moaning little git.

Reply to this Topic
aquarius

Jun 09

aquarius says:

leemuz ...

Good on you, Mate. Let's declare a truce, OK? In one of my numerous past lives I was an Infantry Company Sergeant-Major - not a WO1 - a WO2 - or what is called a CSM and one who has come up through the ranks. We don't tolerate fools or  miscreants gladly. As such, I sometimes forget that in that context you can really give some verbal to wayward soldiers and this is both expected and accepted as " normal " and part of the greater game. For people and guys not exposed to or experienced in that environment, my comments and language can be viewed as a bit " over the top " or extreme - and I guess from time to time it is in a civilian context. Sorry, OK? I started posting because I didn't believe Stoner was getting a fair-go but I will defend anybody, anywhere that is being, in my view anyway, victimised unfairly or singled out for abuse for sweet FA. We all have to remember that this is a young bloke that had far from a typical or normal upbringing. Living in a caravan with one's Mum & Dad and being the absolute focus of ambition etc must have been really hard. Read Rick Broadbent's book, " Ring Of Fire - the inside story of MotoGP " and you get a totally different picture of a callow and really nice, young guy who was very close to Chaz Davies and who simply worshipped Valentino Rossi. You see people commenting that he doesn't like a bit of biff-n-barge and only performs when he can get away out front. Where were these people when Stoner was scrapping like a Wolverine in 125 and 250 on 3rd and 2nd tier bikes? They are confusing him with Dani Pedrosa ( not putting Dani down either - it's just his style ) and he ALWAYS had 120% Ace machinery that allowed and encouraged that style - crank the throttle open and disappear. Stoner kept him really honest in 2005 in their last year of 250cc. Anyway. We have yet another line of dangerous and severe tropical thunderstorms approaching. Last night we had golf ball and cricket ball sized hail and 2,500+ lightning strikes and lost power for 5 hours. Gotta go and batten down the hatches, reef the main and put out the sea anchor. Har har, me hearties ... Cheers

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

Valentine deserves a break??

Why so ? He had his fair share of chances last year ,However it would add a bit of spice to the championship we could have three ex moto gp riders in the series then in 2012 when jt comes back

Reply to this Topic
bellender

Dec 10

bellender says:

if i was a rider in motogp

........i wouldn`t give a fuk about the fans either as most of em are stains....as the treatment of stoner at donington showed..then the fans wonder why he won`t come and sign stupid fukin t-shirts etc......all these so called fans are just little no life arseholes who fantasise about being something they can never be and that`s pathetic...........stoner is there to race and win and he doesn`t give a toss about the fat wankers sat on the grassy hills eating shitty burgers and downing bottle after bottle of cheap booze as quite simply they are twat`s to him,just the scum off his rear tyre

Reply to this Topic
leemuz

Jul 08

leemuz says:

Well actually...

BELLEND... Us fat wankers sat drinking beer and downing burgers (actually i pack myself up, fuck paying them prices) wearing there hats and t shirts contribute more to there wealth than the factory teams there riding for...SO I RECKON that gives me or others the right to pass an opinion on there form, or attitude towards the crowd, effectively i've invested a quite reasonable sum of MY HARD EARNED MONEY into them so if a rider pisses me of im gonna voice my opinion, maybe even go up to them and ask them for a slice of my money back...lol....And i reckon it's alot nicer turning up and hearing your name chanted than, your a twat banter around the paddock.

If you were a motogp rider would you be on here..??

Reply to this Topic
leemuz

Jul 08

leemuz says:

AQUARIUS

After settling down with a cup of horlicks and my reading glasses freshly cleaned, i read you post...lol

You do write a good few words when you get going.

What's funny is i've always thought caseys parents seem cheerful, i wondered why he seems to frown quite alot, as far as living in a caravan, what was that not read that about him...

Funny that cause i to have the luxury of caravan walls and roof keeping the biting wind of me.

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

right on bellender!

You are almost spot on about some of these fans although fortunately they are in the minority I think.
Quite rightly Stoner does not give a shit about those morons that boo him and disrespect him.
These people make me ashamed to be a Brit!

Reply to this Topic
leemuz

Jul 08

leemuz says:

Well actually...

If he did nt give a shit he would nt let them bother him and he'd of come on stage for riders for health day of champions FUND RAISER

Truth is he does give a fuck...it gets to him...it must do or he'd have shown his mug on stage.

Jorge got booed at a couple of rounds this year but just kept smiling waving and like water of a ducks back carried on acknowledging the fans who BUY HIS MERCHANDISE and cheer him on week after week

STONER DOES GIVE A FUCK....

Reply to this Topic
bellender

Dec 10

bellender says:

i think you`ll find he doesn`t

..........read some of his interviews he`s there to win races,championships and earn shit loads of money and leave same as doohan...if u think he gives a toss some oinks boo him you have a overinflated opinion of the part the oinks play in stoners life(cos they don`t play any part)and riders for health thing if i was him i`d snub them all as well,who the fuk wants to give time to people who apparently don`t like you???.......he must be laughing his head off at all the pricks that buy the cheap tacky tasteless merchandise which he gets a nice cut for!!!!!....i`m not interested in meeting any of them,getting their fukin stupid autograph or an even more stupid pic!!! or hero worship them....the people who do that are selfsatisfying wankers who think they`ve a right to have a piece of a rider just cos they idolise them and every time they put their stupid grinning fukin mug in the riders face that the rider should be grateful and bow down to the fans demands....and that is a sad state of affairs

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices