Skip to content

Discuss This Honda fear Jorge Lorenzo in 2011 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Honda fear Jorge Lorenzo in 2011

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Honda fear Jorge Lorenzo in 2011

Honda management fear the biggest threat to the Japanese factory’s bid to win the last 800cc MotoGP title in 2011 will come from Yamaha rival and reigning world champion Jorge Lorenzo. The Spaniard had an impeccable 2010 and romped to his first MotoGP crown with nine wins and 16 podiums. The 23-year-old didn’t finish lower than fourth position all season and he...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (13 December 2010 11:58)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
tamounga

Jun 10

tamounga says:

It all depends on how big of a step the M1 takes in 2011. As it is right now I think the RCV112 is fully sorted and on the capable hands of Casey or Dani, they will be racking wins. Simoncelli might get up there by the end of the season, and Dovi... well, I gave up on him, he is at the limit of his potential. As far as Rossi, it's all up to Ducati. The days when the riders made the most impact are all gone. If the bike is not on par with the competitors, you are in for long season.

Reply to this Topic
vonich

Dec 10

vonich says:

i'm pretty sure that the honda is sorted out already. the only difference is the rider capabilty to bring on top every race.. sure Dani can win races as he breaks the 2 wins per yr this year.. Can dani be as dominated as lorenzo, casey and rossi to win the championship? IMO no! simply because he can keep him self injured free for the whole season and for you to dominate the series you have to have a years without injuries.. sure JL is the rider to beat as he is the WC. i think casey will win more races than dani next year more title contender than dani.. can wait for the season to start..

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

probably right

that one of the biggest threats will come from Lorenzo but I think we all know how hard it is for these riders to defend their title especially with the unknowns of next season!
Dani and Casey should be very strong now the Honda is sorted.Still reckon Simoncelli will surprise a few next season and of course Spies may be fighting for wins now and then!
Pedrosa a good rider!!..I think thats an understatement elbows and not championship material???Do his 250 titles not count now? sorry know!

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
leemuz

Jul 08

leemuz says:

dani deserves...

A world title...he is a good little rider, who just needs someone to tough him up a bit, he seems to LET people past just a little to easy.

Its maybe because he does'nt fall well...lol and a bit of bar banging at 8 stone soaking wet can be hard against the likes of spies rossi, simonchelli, all bigger lads.

But i would rather see dani win than lorenzo or stoner.

keep him upright and fit and he is a real challenger. 

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

The same mediocre waffle Elbowz

If Honda 'have lost patience' with Dani Pedrosa how do you explain his resigning this year for a further two years. And don't give me that 'Repsol' crap. Once more Dani is in an exclusive club of four. Has never finished out of the top three in the 800's and is a three time world champion! He's a contender in 2011 - no doubt.

I tire of your myriad banal comments. Most either point out the bleedin' obvious (like this article does) or slate Dani because you don't like Alberto Puig. Puig may not be an angel, but by christ he's been there, done that (in racing, promotion and management) and made things happen for the greater good of MotoGP.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
leemuz

Jul 08

leemuz says:

lmao

I would nt turn to stoner for a world title...he was s**te on a honda last time round.

fair enough he has more experiance now, but not sure he's got another title in him, not on honda

Reply to this Topic
leemuz

Jul 08

leemuz says:

simonchelli

could be the next big thing for honda (you might say he is a big thing)..lol

or dovi who keeps getting forgot about even by my good self.

but dani is a more complete rider than stoner and stands a better chance of success.

Reply to this Topic
Golfnut04

Apr 09

Golfnut04 says:

Stoner speed

Wrong Leemuz , Stoner was on a third tear Honda with outdated parts, non spec Michelin tires on racing day and still had speed to show, this time around hes got a factory bike with equal tires as the rest and the same determination to go faster than the rest of the padock, hes going to be a force against primarly his teamates specially Dani , quicker than the Yamaha and Ducati,  and im not even a Honda or a Stoner fan but i can see the writing on the wall.

Reply to this Topic
tamounga

Jun 10

tamounga says:

We all know that Stoner is very fast. Even in his rookie year, he surprised many in his first race. I remember him running at the front and waiting for him to fade. It never happened and he finished 5th if I'm not mistaken. He crashed a lot that year, but so what... Lorenzo and Rossi, to some extent, did too in their rookie year. They are the fastest riders out there now.

Pedrosa is also very fast. I'm not sure why some race fans are discounting him. Only a handful of riders can beat him or keep up with him. It is easy to say that Stoner will destroy him. I don't think it's going to be that easy. Pedrosa is fast in his own ways.

With these two, Honda should feel very confident going into the 2011 season. And yes, Lorenzo is the biggest threat.

Reply to this Topic
noshow

Oct 10

noshow says:

We get it leemuz you dont like stoner. but would you put a £1000 bet on him to not win the championship ?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices