Skip to content

Discuss This Yamaha optimistic new Ben Spies deal is close MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Yamaha optimistic new Ben Spies deal is close

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Yamaha optimistic new Ben Spies deal is close

Yamaha bosses remain optimistic that an extended MotoGP deal for impressive American Ben Spies will be finalised in the near future. Yamaha management and representatives of Spies have been locked in talks over a new deal for the 26-year-old for several weeks. The 2009 World Superbike champion is under contract to Yamaha for the 2011 MotoGP world championship but discussions have taken...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (13 December 2010 13:00)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
oldspechen

Oct 08

oldspechen says:

Yamaha can afford it now that they've got Rossi off the wage bill. How gutted must Suzuki be that they let him go? Lets hope that Cal Crutchlow can be as good. 

Reply to this Topic
vonich

Dec 10

vonich says:

spies

Spies is one talented rider no doubt about that. He is also a loyal rider and just a shame that suzuki didn't use their resources see the potential of spies as an elite rider.. their mistake of letting him go is gained by yamaha which a 1st world title on WSBK and Rookie of the year in motogp with 2 poduims and pole position. i do too see him staying with yamaha for a long hual..

Reply to this Topic
SV659Nut

Mar 09

SV659Nut says:

Get-er-done...

I'm sure Ben's goal for 2011 and beyond is to win the championship. If he thinks that Yamaha is committed to the same objective for him, and will but forth the effort to give him the best machine they can produce, he will sign on the dotted line.

Money is important but I'm sure Ben is more interested in ensuring he is on a competitive bike and not getting hand-me-downs from another rider. I hope they can come to an agreement because I can forsee great results for them both if they do.

Reply to this Topic
leemuz

Jul 08

leemuz says:

DEJA VU

Come on Mat....this story has been done already.

Spies is obviously gonna sign cause where the feck else will he go and get such a good package.
Like i say though this thread is a copy of the last spies close to signing.
Let's hear news on the rest of the field...newcomers etc.:unsure:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
IMB76

Oct 10

IMB76 says:

He's gonna snap it up

Is he gonna do any better I think not if things don't quite go to plan could the offer be taken away very likely he will snap it up.

Reply to this Topic
ppatel3d

Jun 10

ppatel3d says:

Performance

It all comes down to performance. But then you can't have 2 lions in one garage. Will see if Mr Spies will push Lorenzo. Otherwise the kitten may need to go elsewhere.

And the same thing applies to Jorge Lorenzo. Its all about the Performance.

Reply to this Topic
alisdairm

Aug 09

alisdairm says:

What is the rush for Ben to sign a contract extension?

I would wait till the end of the 2011 season and see how I'm treated in the works Yam camp, is Horhay favoured, am I getting the bits/changes I want, when I want etc

If he wins the championship (or comes in the top 3) , then he'll be in a better position for his  contract negotiations when his current contract comes up for renewal, he will also have better options from other teams.

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

Exactly

alisdairm....You are spot on with you line of thought.
If Spies is level headed as I am sure he is he will wait to see how next season works and if Yamaha can supply a decent package.Of course 2012 has to be considered as well but I think Ducati may have the correct ingredients for that season when the time comes!

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Star Alignment

All the Aliens come off contract end of 2012. It makes sense to be aligned to them. That's when the prime seats come available as the music stops.

Reply to this Topic
vonich

Dec 10

vonich says:

safe approach

I will call that good move by spies manager and safe approach to keep Spies on the Factory bike for two year no matter how his performance will be next year. Beside i don't think he will be getting less what ever yamaha is giving lorenzo. that only works when rossi is in yamha that the other side will get the upgrade after rossi ate and sleep with it. though its a good idea to not to extend it know and until next and see if he can have more leverage to get a contract. but then nobody knows how he will perform next year so that is why its a good move to extend it know rather than later.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices