Skip to content

Discuss This Rea to make MotoGP testing debut in Sepang World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > Rea to make MotoGP testing debut in Sepang

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Michael Guy  says:

Rea to make MotoGP testing debut in Sepang

Jonathan Rea is scheduled to ride Casey Stoner's Honda RCV212V in a two day test at Sepang starting tomorrow (Tuesday). The current Ten Kate Honda WSB rider flew from Australia to Malaysia on Sunday and has spent today meeting with the Honda MotoGP team fixing his handlebar and footrest position in preparation for the test. Rea will be joined by Japanese rider...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (13 December 2010 14:47)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
vonich

Dec 10

vonich says:

after the test the critics is on him.

sure have a lot of speed in him, but also have a lot force move that equates to crashing.. i have no doubt that he can be a good rider. but he have to learn to be patience and knows when to push hard and when is not..

Reply to this Topic
CosherB

Apr 06

CosherB says:

elbowz - you really should do your homework mate - Crutchlow has done 78 BSB/WSB races and 54 BSS/WSS races, while Rea has done 102 BSB/WSB races and 12 WSS races.  Cal chose to do WSS in 2009 and became World Champion ... hardly a gulf in experience for two guys that are only 25 and 23 respectively.  and now Cal is in MotoGP, so what gives?

it's a big opportunity for Jonny to put himself in the shop window for 2012 - it can earn him some brownie points.  as for an actual ride in '12, i can't imagine that there will be a load more Hondas on the grid, plus there will undoubtedly be a crop of Moto2 riders looking to step up.  Rea needs a stellar 2011 to get a GP ride.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Oh yes Jonny will be a G.P man 2012

Short of something catastrophic happening 2011. Jonny has that little extra something about him on a bike. He always looks extremely relaxed and natural on a machine and with that comes the ability to run almost any line he chooses - within reason obviously. To me he has a real Schwantz like flow to him. 

Of course he has been ear marked for G.P's. Only those contractual assurances from the big H saw him sign on again for Ten Kate. Let's hope the Fireblade is up to it 2011.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Ivebeenthehero

Jun 09

Rea will stun the MotoGP paddock with his lap times.

Agree Nostrodamus. I wondered why he signed for Ten Kate again, now it makes sense, with assurances of MotoGP ride in 2012. Rea will stun the paddock on a MotoGP bike, he is that good. I also think he will benefit from not bothering with one year on an 800.

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

Johnny Rea

Nice xmas prezzie for Johnny I too think Johnny has that floaty "let the bike do what it wants " kind of style that Schwantz had Im intrigued as to how he'll go . Sure he wont be slow , but theres a Buzz in me bones that he might actually shock a few, Watch that space

Reply to this Topic
cthwaites

Aug 02

cthwaites says:

Can't wait for this guy to hit GP....by 2012 the 990s/1000s will be back and Johnny knows how to scrap. Hopefully by then the balletic, lead-from-the-front soporific style of the 800s will be a dismal, distant memory

Reply to this Topic
CH987

May 09

CH987 says:

Red Bull Honda

I think wosideg hit the nail on the head there. It's only a matter of time til we see a Red Bull backed team again in the big class.

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr900rr

Jun 07

goodbye dani

..........hello johnny

Reply to this Topic
adrenalin

Jun 09

adrenalin says:

"Hopefully by then the balletic, lead-from-the-front soporific style of the 800s will be a dismal, distant memory"

I think you will in for a disapointment when the new 900+ bikes get into MotoGP. Nobody inside the paddock expects them to behave like the 'old' 990 bikes and just about everyone you speak to who is in the know reckons they will just be larger versions of the current bikes.  Until the electronics issue is addressed you wan't be seeing any tail sliding, fire breathing rear wheel steering antics or even any real change of style in MotoGP anytime soon. 

Reply to this Topic
bladeboy077

Oct 09

bladeboy077 says:

Excellent news

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle