Skip to content

Discuss This 2011 Honda CBR250R first ride - 'the Ninja 250R has a real rival' First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > 2011 Honda CBR250R first ride - 'the Ninja 250R has a real rival'

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matt Shields  says:

2011 Honda CBR250R first ride - 'the Ninja 250R has a real rival'

Although we’re likely to be waiting until February until the first shipments of Honda’s new CBR250R lightweight arrives in the UK (perhaps no bad thing considering the current icy snap), the newcomer has already been launched in south-east Asia. New Honda CBR250R v Kawasaki Ninja 250R We asked our colleague Matt Shields at Austrailian MCN for his first impressions, this is what he had...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (14 December 2010 11:27)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Andy949494

Feb 08

Andy949494 says:

Interesting stuff withheld...

It will be interesting to hear how it really compares to the Ninja. The above text says nothing.Normally the press would be going wild about a single cylinder sporty bike...

Reply to this Topic
Foreigner

Nov 10

Foreigner says:

Real rival?

As taste is a personal thing, I won't comment on looks. I also own a 2008 Ninja 250, so I'm going to be biased, and when I move on from this bike, it won't be to another 250. The CBR 250 will most likely never make it to my garage.Having said that, in my opinion, having owned the Ninja, the CBR has big shoes to fill.

For a start, the Ninja is a tremendous bike for such a small package, and its biggest asset is its flickability. Its manouverability is awesome, and I've ridden bigger bikes on a track, so it's fair to say I know the difference. Not sure about the UK, but in the US, there is a helathy number of individuals in the US and south-east Asia racing the 250, or at least taking it regularly to track days.

I have done a 3000km+ trip from the north of France to Italy on the Ninja, and will tour Northern Europe with this same bike in May, because I know it has the oomph to take me where I want to go. In fact, it had what it took to ride the Autobahn to Frankfurt, with luggage, without any trouble (of course, I wasn't breaking any speed records). I would seriously like to try the CBR, not to consider it as one of my own, but to see it if truly is a 'real rival'.

Reply to this Topic
wobblybiker

Mar 09

wobblybiker says:

Yes,

but the important thing is which Triumph are you going to say is better than it?

Reply to this Topic
screamer69

Oct 05

screamer69 says:

personally i don't want..

...to be seen on anything smaller than a 600 supersport...but, i roll that way.

Reply to this Topic
mattyamaha

May 10

mattyamaha says:

fairings

why not fit the fireblade fairings on it  to make it look like a nice sports bike  not the crap it has on now  

it still looks  too small  id rather get a yamaha r125 than that  just because of the style  (the key to attract new customers to buy!!!)  style and performance 2 key factors   dont forget the price obvi

Reply to this Topic
Popski

Feb 09

Popski says:

The claimed power output for the 250R is precisely the same as my old CB250RSA of 1980 vintage I would have thought that the 'Big H' could have bettered that in thirty years.

Reply to this Topic
ACEEDSTORM

Oct 10

ACEEDSTORM says:

Yet again another bland,ugly,slow, overpriced piece of tat from Honda.Who in thier right mind would buy this slug when there are still super trick NSR 250's available as grey imports.250's are meant to be fun bikesthis is two wheeled mogadon.

Reply to this Topic
chrisbf125

Sep 10

chrisbf125 says:

They should have made something based on the HRC models. Take a look at this one: http://www.honda.co.jp/HRC/products/machine/rs125r/

Reply to this Topic
TinkerNZ

Oct 09

TinkerNZ says:

ZXR250's

There are still plenty of ZXR250's to be had for half the cost of this dirt bike with a fairing.

Reply to this Topic
Dan250N

Jun 10

Dan250N says:

buy an aprilia 125

I suspect a full power RS 125 will smoke this. More importantly with the 2 stroke power delivery it will feel quick and fun to ride...

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices