Skip to content

Discuss This 2011 Suzuki GSX-R600 first ride - 'front stiffer, brakes harder, midrange stronger' First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > 2011 Suzuki GSX-R600 first ride - 'front stiffer, brakes harder, midrange stronger'

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Michael Neeves  says:

2011 Suzuki GSX-R600 first ride - 'front stiffer, brakes harder, midrange stronger'

MCN’s Senior Road Tester, Michael Neeves, is in Almeria, Spain, riding the all-new 2011 GSX-R600.  Fresh from his first session at the circuit, here are his first impressions of Suzuki’s new middleweight supersports. Find a Suzuki GSX-R600 for sale “The GSX-R600 is radically changed for 2011. It’s a massive 9kg lighter than the old model, shorter, squatter and comes with Showa Big...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (15 December 2010 10:32)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Banzai600

Feb 06

Banzai600 says:

Interesting.....

I have to say the updates on paper when the bike was released looked just ok to me.  But, from what Neevesy is saying it should be a formidable mid range sports (not that it was ever a bad one). These tweaks just may be enough.

For 2011 the 600cc sportsbike title may just go to Suzuki ? The R6, great bike no question but is it as balanced for road use all year round as this suzuki gsxr will be i am sure.

In saying all that, i reckon in 2011 Honda are going to improve (how i dont know) on their current and brilliant CBR600rr, so the CBR may be king in 2012. Jumping had a bit.....  ;-)

PS: Where's the video of this test Michael.....LOL :laugh:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
STRESSED1

Feb 10

STRESSED1 says:

SUZUKI GSXR 600 2011

MMM,I wonder when the bike manufacturers are going to produce a bike made of BALSA WOOD!?

That SHOULD SHOCK people.I mean if the bikes get any lighter,they may as well make em' out of Balsa.

Although SUPER SPORTS road bikes are homolgated to run in SS-WSB racing,surely there has too be a cut off point with how much the engineers can take away before something collapses? I mean real road riding isn't the same as off road circuit racing,different stresses,etc.

Each year its another 3kg saved,then the folowing year another 5kg saved,Where from!?No wonder machine life span is now only 2-3 years before they're clapped out.Throw away society.

Just goes to show much componentry on these bikes must be weigh  in the beginning.

Reply to this Topic
myers525

May 06

myers525 says:

STRESSED1 You are a bit confused. They are not super light. My K6 and K7 750 have a Dry Weight of 163KG, thats the same as the K11 600. The K11 750 is heavier than the K6 750 which was the new design that had the smaller stubby exhaust. The EU Emissions legislation made them heavier for 2009 and 2010 and they are getting back towards their leaner weights again.

Reply to this Topic
bikerbit

Mar 09

bikerbit says:

163 isn't light say what

163kg is light too light in my opinion that's a side wind and off you go where ever it decided to take you. Try the road to Perth you will be getting thrown about. Can understand what stressed is trying to say the shaving weight all the time makes components lighter but also weaker but alas it is the way of sports bikes. What worries me is they made the shock stiffer has any one else seen the roads out there its not pot holes its ditches. Personally think anyone buying a super sports should be given a spare set of shocks road ones and track ones. Maybe even a new spine since your leaning over and a new set of baw's as well for those tank slaps that you knows going to happen with the stiffer forks and road ditches lol. Lets face it they bloody cost enough.

Reply to this Topic
Fomancu

Jul 08

Fomancu says:

2011 GSXRs

All well and good but I did hear that the additional bonus for these bikes for 2011--will be the price.

The 600 will be around 11k and the 750 around 11.5k -----about a 2k hike(over the 2010 models) due to the yen exchange rate(oh and the 1000 around a whopping 12.8K--indeed Yamaha are rumbleing about 14K for the R1)

what prce fun hey?

Reply to this Topic
superbol

Aug 02

superbol says:

Will it be in WSS

The best stage for this "radical " new 600 should be in worls Supersport next year .But will it ?

Reply to this Topic
ChrisNewbigging

Jun 06

Suzuki prices -

Fomancu, I'm assuming you're talking US$ prices? Because Suzuki released it's 2011 pricing for part of the range, and the GSX-R1000 is £10,800. We don't have the confirmed 2011 600/750 pricing just yet, but I can't imagine they'd price the smaller bikes above the 1000, unless they're planning to sell no bikes next year. And for the comments regarding weight comparison to the old bike - I'm not sure where your figures have come from, but the 06-07 600 was 161kg, the 08-10 165kg (dry, claimed). The 2011 600 is 184kg (wet, claimed), and Suzuki say it's 9kg less than the 2010 - which would suggest a dry weight of 156kg, which is lighter than any previous model. Hope that clears things up. Chris Newbigging, News Reporter

Reply to this Topic
Fomancu

Jul 08

Fomancu says:

prices

@ Chris---- your site actually says 10,825 -no mention if that 10,825 is inclusive of VAT--on the reasonable assumption that it does not include VAT-which goes up in January to 20% so Im told that makes it  12,990 before the otr charges-which brings it to the figure I was told---but I stand to be corrected.

Reply to this Topic
STRESSED1

Feb 10

STRESSED1 says:

WEIGHT IS AN ISSUE.......

MYERS525....... Yes i agree with what you're saying,bloody E.U.sanctions and new legisaltions every bloody year.

However the 04-05 gsxr 600 weighed in at 160kg, 06 161kg, 07 161kg 08-09-10 163kg.

Now,we hear Suzuki has SHAVED 9kgs OFF THIS WEIGHT THAT MEANS 154KGS(343LBS?)from 125bhp pocket rocket.Pretty crazy!!!

Pity the prices weren't pared down in weight......£8-9000 for a 600.:mad:

I've ridden a bike along the A69 NEWCASTLE-CARLISLE road and i can say the side winds there were tiring and sometimes dangerous been blown about,especially when the bike is light with full fairing.

BIKERBIT....... said as much and i agree about suspension problems o the road.When you buy a sports bike you should be given a choice of two shocks to pick from, one race spring/damping or road spring/damping.I mean you pay through the nose for these bikes so why not!!?

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
cubax

Apr 09

cubax says:

wet and dry

Does anyone know why they changed the weight figures to wet recently and what is the thinking behind it? It really seems to fog things up when you`re trying to make comparisons...

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices