Skip to content

Discuss This 2011 Suzuki GSX-R600 first ride - 'front stiffer, brakes harder, midrange stronger' First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > 2011 Suzuki GSX-R600 first ride - 'front stiffer, brakes harder, midrange stronger'

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Michael Neeves  says:

2011 Suzuki GSX-R600 first ride - 'front stiffer, brakes harder, midrange stronger'

MCN’s Senior Road Tester, Michael Neeves, is in Almeria, Spain, riding the all-new 2011 GSX-R600.  Fresh from his first session at the circuit, here are his first impressions of Suzuki’s new middleweight supersports. Find a Suzuki GSX-R600 for sale “The GSX-R600 is radically changed for 2011. It’s a massive 9kg lighter than the old model, shorter, squatter and comes with Showa Big...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (15 December 2010 10:32)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
srandall47

Jul 09

srandall47 says:

the price is £8799 for the 600 and that is with 20% vat

Reply to this Topic
AlexL

Feb 09

AlexL says:

weight

I'll agree with STRESSED1 here. Myers525, the EU leg affects the exhaust system mainly, which was the main offender for the weight increase (easily taken off). However, the bike weight without the exhaust was always coming down...I think? Also, lighter doesn't mean weaker, bikerbit, advanced alloys can help reduce the weight and FEA can be used even at prelim stage to perform architectural trade studies for weight, the more time goes the better they get at it and hence the weight reduction.  

Reply to this Topic
STRESSED1

Feb 10

STRESSED1 says:

WEIGHTING AROUND......

AlexL....... Yes,i know what you're saying,there are new materials,metals being invented-produced that actually do get stronger as they age,used in vehicle manufacture BUT and its a BIG BUT you pay for it at the checkout!!!

Also,if the engineers shave vital micrograms,micromills,from the engine,for example to save weight,surely,this will create heat dissipation problems leading to bigger radiators which in turn is a case of robbing one to pay t'other.:blink:

Besides all this,bikes and cars(not so much cars as the bikes) of today are only meant to last one model year if that,before being dumped in favour of the new improved version.......:tongue:

cubax......They probably changed from dry weight to wet so as not to throw people into confusion and go back to dealers demanding too know why a GSXR600 weighs in at 190kg,instead of 160kg not realising that the latter is without fuel,or other liquids?:shock:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
gixercarl

Sep 06

gixercarl says:

weight

honda started the kerb weight thing a few years ago, mainly because the 08 blade is such a light balanced bike, but also because all the jap bikes have all been bullshitting about the actual weight of the bikes for years both the Cbr6 and blade are mega light out of the crate

as for the gsxr they have focused this one for the track because no one was racing them any more,

the problem is as some of you have started to realise these sports bikes are getting a little less" fit for purpose," each year you go down you favourite british bumpy road which you gsxr k6 just dealt with with ease suddenly your getting nearly flung over the handlebars on the same bit of tarmac

not too stuck on the styling from the front looks more like a hamster with a mouth full of nuts

Reply to this Topic
Fuzzmachine

Dec 10

Fuzzmachine says:

Hi Guys, i'm a new member and new rider. Still got to pass my test but as soon as all done and dusted going to start looking around for a bike and fancy the GSXR600. Can't really be splashing so much out. Seen some on 58/09 plates with less then 1500 mile on for around £5000-5500. I don't know much (yet - although very keen to learn more) about bikes etc, but to me that makes them more or less brand new and colours beta then 2010 range and they certainly look new on pics i have seen.

Just asking for advice from you more experienced riders really, would you say go for them or break bank for new?

any comments of help regarding this or riding in general (ie is bike 2 much for new rider etc) would be gtreatly appreciated

Reply to this Topic
leeP8F

Apr 10

leeP8F says:

fuzzmachine

NEW BIKER -

I have been having conversations with a friend of mine who is also new to bikes, yes the latest machines are cool and look great etc BUT you also have the option of buying something slightly older. This will benefit you in many ways.

1.  You can learn to ride in the real world on an older machine. Then when you have some experience you can move on to a bigger / modern machine. (you will also have more of an idea what machine you want, and understand a bit more what all the reviews talk about).

2.  Although there are some cracking finance deals available, that shiny new machine will depreciate in a huge way as soon as you drop it off the forecourt. (let someone else take up the slack)

I would recommend you watch / read the recent £1500 challenge carried out by MCN. basically there is amount of bikes out there, which will put a huge smile on your face for not alot of cash. take your time to buy be patient and somones trusty well loved FSH, low mileage, garaged and never ridden in wet steed will await you!

have fun and be safe

Lee

Reply to this Topic
dkopowski

Dec 10

dkopowski says:

well...

I guess we'll see when it comes out, but seems like there are quite a bit of improvements.

Yay!

Reply to this Topic
sandmacker

Oct 10

sandmacker says:

mapped

With the new power mapping options the 1000  bikes have , why bother with the 600?  One touch of a button and it's a 600 . Some say that the latest gixer is just briging the bike to where it was a few years ago in relation to power and weight

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices