Skip to content

Discuss This Video: Hear the six-cylinder BMW K1600GT run New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Video: Hear the six-cylinder BMW K1600GT run

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Dan Aspel  says:

Video: Hear the six-cylinder BMW K1600GT run

BMW have released the following video of the upcoming K 1600 GT. No voice over or introduction, but plenty of detail shots, as well as some good audio of the new six-cylinder 1649cc engine.  The 160bhp, 129ftlb is due to appear in showrooms in spring 2011. 

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (15 December 2010 16:18)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
STRESSED1

Feb 10

STRESSED1 says:

Bmw GT1600 whistle while you work.......

Nice bike,good design looks far better than Goldwing.

The sound  of engine(have too hear it in person to make any discernments)doesn't sound much diff to a four although its a bit more throaty on the throttle.

Now,if only i had £20000.......

Reply to this Topic
stu_sp2

Mar 06

stu_sp2 says:

The white one which was up on the stand at the NEC looked really good, it had very subtle Akrapovic cans on it!! lovely....

Reply to this Topic
clarkson2197fsworldcouk

Feb 04

nice

Sounds nice

Bet it will cost a fortune to service?

six plugs to replace and 24 shims to check?

£600 min

Still a nice bike though and it looked nice at the show

Reply to this Topic
speedo007

May 09

speedo007 says:

Definetly looks better then a Goldwing. Looks far better then expected for this kind of bike. Sounds great, looks comfy. Might buy one in 30 years :)

Reply to this Topic
Paulvt1

Aug 08

Paulvt1 says:

Can't wait to ride one. Bit heavy - but that 6 sounds sweet.

Reply to this Topic
laverda668

Jul 04

laverda668 says:

Hair drier?

I've heard more exciting hairdriers....or vacuum cleaners! First to go would be those pipes..... A six should have a banshee wail....

Reply to this Topic
FORCE3D

Apr 09

FORCE3D says:

Now that's a promo video

No cliché narrative, no annoying music, just the sounds of what we actually want to hear and plenty of angles and detail - I like it... and the bike even more, this could be my retirement ride

Reply to this Topic
SilverStreakUSA

Mar 10

Less is More

You and yours can take exactly the same ride in this video on a silver Suzuki GSR1250FA and put 14,000 UK pounds in the trunk for the trip of a lifetime.

Reply to this Topic
geoffb61

Sep 08

geoffb61 says:

What noise?

Too quiet - agree with all the other 'hairdryer' comments.

But - it did look like an angry owl from the front - can't take it seriously now!

Reply to this Topic
Banzai600

Feb 06

Banzai600 says:

Honda Beaten ?

No doubt about it, this k1600 looks set to be a great bike (with a big price tag?). I'd say in fairness, push it on up the revs and ti will sound great.

However, have honda sand bagged with their new Pan European replacement based around the V4 engine OR have honda been wokring on a V6 themselves? Have BMW burst the honda bubble in this bike range?

Way i see it......It's winter now and the bike journalists of the world were speculating and jumoing up and down with excitement this year and last year about this new Honda tourer. However, all the jourrno's have gone all quiet over the last while, why is that you think? The new honda is built, isnt it? I think it is. Answers on a postcard.....:ph43r:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices