Skip to content

Discuss This Yamaha made ‘tentative’ bid to break-up Valentino Rossi’s crew MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Yamaha made ‘tentative’ bid to break-up Valentino Rossi’s crew

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Yamaha made ‘tentative’ bid to break-up Valentino Rossi’s crew

Yamaha made a tentative attempt to break up Valentino Rossi’s long serving and loyal crew earlier this year when the Italian star was finalising his big money switch to Ducati. Alex ‘Axel’ Briggs, a member of Rossi’s crew throughout his entire MotoGP career, was briefly approached by Yamaha management in early July about the prospect of being a crew chief for...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (16 December 2010 13:59)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

hmmm

how will that work when ducati beat yamaha?

Reply to this Topic
leemuz

Jul 08

leemuz says:

Yamaha

Have lost there god....the bike will become stail and slowly eb backwards down the grid...

i saw it in the teabags......yorkshire teabags may i add...lol

Reply to this Topic
leemuz

Jul 08

leemuz says:

May be ok, but thereafter i see them been left behind.

jorge spies edwards and crutchlow all have settings from VR but the new motor=no info=poor performance

back to where they came from...........mediocracy............and so what if its spelt wrong...lol

Reply to this Topic
vonich

Dec 10

vonich says:

"pretty much made my mind"

I guess if yamaha had approach him a little early he could have accept yamaha's offer or atleast consider it. but yamaha waited too long to approach him. no wonder houseworth announcement joining the factory team is right after they get the confirmation the loyal crew of rossi is moving along with him.. good plan yamaha but poor execution.

Reply to this Topic
aquarius

Jun 09

aquarius says:

yet another non-news Rossi story, MCN ...

Crikey, Matt & MCN - the MotoGP news barrel must have a fine layer of dust and sludge in the bottom and you appear to be scraping it here. The headline reads that Yamaha attempted to " break-up " Rossi's crew - making it all sound a bit sinister and Machiavellian. Yamaha did nothing of the sort. The Australian mechanic, Alex ( Axel ) Briggs has been with Rossi and Burgess since 1994 - an age in terms of the often transient life of crews and riders. Yamaha merely offered Briggs an alternative position ( a promotion in point of fact ) as Companies and any organisation do as a matter of course. This has become overblown into something else here and took place some six months ago. Hardly timely, is it? This is drawing a very long bow indeed. In any event, ' Axel declined and stuck with Vale and Jerry in the wholesale move across to Ducati. Just because any story involving Valentino Rossi is usually endlessly dissected and debated, doesn't mean you can take the lazy & shallow approach and toss any old dross into the mix. Shame.

Reply to this Topic
winger

Aug 02

winger says:

You boys need to look in the corner of your mouths,you'll find a big hook!!,who's telling the story??,tie this in with JB's performance thing,all apart of the game of upsetting the Yamaha apple cart.

Reply to this Topic
OxonJohn

Jun 09

OxonJohn says:

Laughable

All of this is quite funny to read. "JB and his crew should keep their mouths shut" - "All this Twitter shit" - "His contract should gag him"

It seems to me that Briggs was asked a question by a journalist and he gave an answer.

Journalist to Briggs:  "Did Yamaha try to keep you for 2011?"

Briggs to journalist: “There was a very tentative approach about the possibility of being Ben’s crew chief next year. By that time though I’d already pretty much made my mind up to go with Valentino.”

Mountains out of molehills.

Reply to this Topic
williewheelbreaker

Jul 08

Thumbs up Oxon John

To sum up your analysis...... this story is bollocks! Ho Hum yawn....... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Oxon John your avatar is mega! Big respect to probably the most enigmatic legend of our sport, if I could travel in time...... ??? Hailwood, Surtees, or Spencer........... what would you do??? Hailwood before my time (I am not as old as my posts make me appear, I just have a deep understanding), I was on track once with Surtees at Brands. He was on a classic 350 with drum brakes, spoke wheels, don't know what brand..... but respect to the champ! I was an on form club racer on an unruly but modern proddie 2 stroke and he was impressive for an old boy messin' around. Spencer was my original inspiration and hero........ A man who infuriated King Kenny, and Steady Eddie, stunned Barry Sheene so much so he named his first and only son after him and lastly totally confounded the incredible Randy Mamola! Spencer was to Moto GP like a super nova is to an astronomer .......... simply unbelievable, Aliens? We talk of Alien, one of the modern aliens have achieved God like status...... nearly 14 years of racing no doubt Rossi is an all time God of our sport, but Spencer's achievements still must put him in the arguable top 5 of all time. Let's discuss or get some votes. Here is my top 5 ...... "In NO particular order" cause you just can't if you understand anything about racing motorcycles. Surtees, Hailwood, Spencer, Lawson, Rossi. Retort at will all my forum friends and foes.............

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

memories!

Well WWB yes these were the days!
Have seen them all racing at some point here and there.
Was lucky enough to be in the same garage as John Surtees and Sammy Miller a few years ago at Spa.
A big classic meeting with world champions from the 50s,60s 70s and 80s. and Surtees was quickest round Eau Rouge in the wet as reported by Randy Mamola.
Got to say Mr Surtees was a true gentleman all weekend with time for everyone.Also met your hero Mr Spencer and many others!What a cracking weekend!
My top 5 is almost the same but would put my childhood hero Hailwood at no.1

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Sorry WWB I can't contribute

The five you named sum up my opinion too.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices