Skip to content

Discuss This BBC confirms MotoGP bid winner MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > BBC confirms MotoGP bid winner

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

BBC confirms MotoGP bid winner

Century TV has won the contract to produce coverage of the MotoGP world championship for the BBC until the end of 2013 season. Rohan Browning, Managing Director of Century TV, said: "We are delighted to have secured the BBC MotoGP contract. "These are very exciting times for Century TV and as our production base continues to grow with our recent expansion into...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (17 December 2010 10:36)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
tommypotts

Jun 08

tommypotts says:

leemuz - if you have a decent pc you could always try eurosport on line rather than having to fork out for sky, thats how i get my motogp fix and all for £34.00 per year. If your not sure try it for a month for £4.00 and see how it goes. If you can connect you pc to your tv even better and you can also watch the Tour-De-France in HD. As Toby would say marvellous.

Reply to this Topic
leeP8F

Apr 10

leeP8F says:

The ongoing commentory saga

I think its a case of which coverage you've grown up with, personnally i prefer the commentary feed from the Moto gp boys Gavin Emmett and Nick (bloke). they are always informed and dont miss much of the action.

i have watched some eurosport coverage at a neighbours and was intrigued to experience the famous trio in action... hhmm not that impressed, i found it difficult viewing and a little hard to keep up sometimes, i also found they got right off the radar with their conversation and missed some action. My neighbour and I were on the money that day and we found the eurosport guys repeasted our conversation about the race but ten seconds later at times!

I dont really have an axe to grind with the BBC and think they get a tough press with not alot of budget and support from the ivory towers at the beeb.

However for what its worth I would probably have Stavros and whit..

cheers.

Reply to this Topic
CosherB

Apr 06

CosherB says:

leemuz - MotoGP races are not scheduled to clash with F1 - for very good reasons.  you'll find that when both sports are on the same weekend, there is a time difference due to the different timezones that they're in (e.g German F1 and Laguna MotoGP on 25 July this year).  that's not an accident, that's scheduling.  it sounds like you don't have a red button mate - get yourself a Freesat upgrade (i.e. one off cost) so that you can avoid subscription.  or just get eurosport.

if the rumours are to be believed. Legard has had the axe from the Beeb F1 commentary team ... so if Coxster was to be replaced ....?  not ideal though ...

Reply to this Topic
potfiller

Jun 07

potfiller says:

Who is Charlie Cox?

In a lifetime of following racing I have never heard of Charlie Cox.

Who is he ?

I dunno about you but I find his uninformed, meandering blah-blah-I'm-just-going-through-the-motions-with-this-shit-for-the-money attitude insulting and irritating especially when he cuts across Steve Parrish who has at least been there and done it. 

Get rid of him and put in somebody who really knows the racing business and does not talk strine bullshit.

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

cox /parrish

I think they do a good job Parrish is a better pundit than he was a rider !(only kidding stavros) and if you listen they do come up with some very dry comments,but jenny cow is pathetic all she does is ask inane questions and gets carried by the answer or Steve Parrish's knowledge, stupidly nodding her empty none to pretty head,eurosports crew just seem to compete at being anoraks and name dropping and julian WWWRryder is even more irritating when you see him in the flesh laughing and guffawing at his own comments and trying to jump in with his next god im one of the paddock anecdotes

Reply to this Topic
green636

Jan 03

green636 says:

@ potfiller re Charlie Cox

FYI potfiller; Charlie Cox was around in the early 90's in British Touring Cars (BTCC) and if i remember correctly (and it was a few years ago..) the thing he is most likely to be remembered for with regards driving (cars, no bikes) is a very spectacular barrel roll coming into the Thruxton chicane where he destroyed his car.  If I try really hard to think back he couls also be from New Zealand (can't hold it against a whole country though...!). 

But yes he does tend to talk sh*t, I was trying to get over the racing detox earlier and watched the 2003 and 2004 BSB DVD's (Its snowing and I can't HAVE a life...) and he is on there with Steve Parish commentating.  What the hell is a 'wheel stand' (wheelie??) and 'they cross 'the stripe' again (start/finish line??) etc etc etc...shut the hell up for gawd sake Charlie!!.  SP is great, been there and done a lot of it and a great dry sense of humour while managing not to be and arse!

Anyway, tend to avoid him and thus the BBC and watch Eurosport.  And so the teachings end!!

Merry Christmas all (even Charlie Cox) ;-)

Reply to this Topic
CosherB

Apr 06

CosherB says:

elbowz - are you sure?!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_MotoGP_season

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_F1_season

and for potfiller, if you can stand a whole list of Coxsterisms ....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlie_Cox_%28racing%29

Reply to this Topic
kenward5876

Aug 10

kenward5876 says:

commentators

Maybe they should let us commentate!!! like the fan zone commentary in football!

Reply to this Topic
may c

Aug 02

may c says:

front man

keith huewen best ive ever heard on road racing with julian ryder they were the best  pairing.jamie whitham is v good to

Reply to this Topic
leemuz

Jul 08

leemuz says:

AGREE..

With jamie...good ole yorkshire lad been there done it...recommended...  :-)

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices