Skip to content

Discuss This The current MCN publication General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > The current MCN publication

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

wright1200

Dec 10

wright1200 says:

The current MCN publication

In the current MCN publication, as an extra, there's a free glossy mag "20 Best Selling Bikes of 2010"

Surprise surprise, for a newspaper that has supported Honda from the beginning - sites the Fireblade as the number one selling bike........

I am not sure this figure is accurate; yes there have been a lot a pre-registered Fireblades in some of the larger Honda dealerships going for some really good deals……they have not been on the road this year, that’s been clear.

But another fact I have either been correctly informed or miss understood is that BMW’s S1000RR outsold all four the Japanese manufactures for 2010 in the Superbike states.

This was more than evident on the roads with the amount of riders, riding BMW S1000RR and for once the Blade taking a very pedestrian back seat.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (20 December 2010 22:22)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

sold

Welcome wright1200,  and the Yorkshire lads/lasses agree that you are right.

http://www.yorkshirebikeforum.com/ybf-bike-chat-f46/2010-s-best-selling-motorcycles-so-far-t10843.htm#bottom

Reply to this Topic
wright1200

Dec 10

wright1200 says:

Next amusing numbering in this free glossy mag, is Honda’s VRF1200 at 11 position! I didn’t know whether to laugh or cry! Think I laughed! Honda didn’t sell enough of these over expensive ill equipped bikes to even be noticed by any statistics. And the mention about quality – no mention of two recalls, one of the faults is not fixable, yet! And good old UK weather pays it’s toll, if the VFR gets wet, even after cleaning the bike down, it looks like it’s done 30k miles and it’s a complete rust bucket. So what is it doing at 11th position? There is loyalty to a brand and there is loyalty to the reader. What about the K1300s - a far better bike by miles and equipment levels as per what you’d expect on a modern motorcycle. . . .

Reply to this Topic
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

comic

It`s very rare i buy the comic but last year or the year before when i did buy one or two it was full of b.m.w.bikes which i`ve never owned.For reliability up to 2008 it`s been jap bikes as cars and bmw has it`s problems.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bavarian_Motor_Works

Reply to this Topic
wright1200

Dec 10

wright1200 says:

Yes I agree with you. It appears; anything other than Honda has its problems reported! Honda is not the super reliable bike above all others it’s made out to be!

The quality of Honda motorcycles and it’s cars is not great!

Look at the sales in Europe of motorcycle; it’s a far better spread of manufactures, because the reporting is far more accurate. Honda don’t fair very well, as they are not long term bikes.

Their service schedules are more frequent and expensive compared to some of European brands.

Honda used to be a serious proposition when their pricing was far more competitive.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices